3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Crimson Shroud Discussion

Showing 121 to 140 of 286

AuthorMessage

Knux

121. Posted:

I finally downloaded this game yesterday. I can't wait to play this when I get the chance to do so! :D

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

Jeremyx7

122. Posted:

About how long does it take to complete Crimson Shroud roughly? If you all could throw me some numbers from your experiences that would be much appreciated. I plan on getting Crimson but only if I feel it worthy of a $8 purchase based on the length and replay ability value.

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

AuthorMessage

RR529

123. Posted:

^ According to NL's review, it takes about 8 hours to complete one playthrough. It also said that certain decisions you make alter the story, so you'll want to do at least 2 playthroughs of it, probably more.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

124. Posted:

@3Dash and other newer players, I'll just point out if you haven't noticed already: buffs are incredibly useful in this game. Not only can you use one and then attack in the same turn, but they also easily turn the tide of battle. Especially Empower Attack, Increase Accuracy and Enhance Defence - those three tend to be the most important ones you want. Also, Frea's heal ability is pretty weak - you might want to use items instead. If you run low, you can always farm the earlier encounters :p

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

125. Posted:

Jeremyx7 wrote:

About how long does it take to complete Crimson Shroud roughly? If you all could throw me some numbers from your experiences that would be much appreciated. I plan on getting Crimson but only if I feel it worthy of a $8 purchase based on the length and replay ability value.

I'm on the final boss (I believe) and about 11 hours in. Looks like the boss will take up to an hour to beat. Some of that was leaving the system idol but not sure how many mins or perhaps an hour or so. Also it took me and many other 3 hours plus to repeat one battle just to find a drop to advance the story. The good thing about that is it produces a lot of good loot!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

126. Posted:

@Magikarp - Try Heal II. It is much more effective. Also Siphon II not the strongest spell but it steals health from select enemies in decent to big amounts based on your magic power. Though you are right a basic heal spell is weak, as well as mass heal and mass heal II. Unless you mean MP recovery.

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

Sprite

127. Posted:

I am a DM at my school, and playing the game outs my descriptions of layouts to shame. It keeps all of the charecteristics of a Table-Top and mixes a video game RPG to make an amazing game to play during vacation until Pathfinder Club. Can't wait till' Thursday!

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens. Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

AuthorMessage

ReindeerDasher

128. Posted:

Sooo... where's the key to the northern exit at Walk in Reverie?

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"
Palutena - "Good luck, Pit."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

129. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

Sooo... where's the key to the northern exit at Walk in Reverie?

It lies in the hands of bones and they are not giving it up easily either!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

ReindeerDasher

130. Posted:

That's kinda what I thought but after defeating them 5 times I decided it was best to check.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

Jeremyx7

131. Posted:

So is there multiple path ways to choose or is the game completely linear? Or not so much? :o

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

132. Posted:

Jeremyx7 wrote:

So is there multiple path ways to choose or is the game completely linear? Or not so much? :o

Linear, however, I'm not sure what the second run that carries your skills and items over does ending wise. Though the story is unchanged thus far.

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

Jeremyx7

133. Posted:

....hmmm.....so there is not a single side path that reconnects with the main path at any point in the entire game?? ._.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

134. Posted:

Jeremyx7 wrote:

....hmmm.....so there is not a single side path that reconnects with the main path at any point in the entire game?? ._.

No but you don't need to. You really have to play the game to understand it. Once you've been to an area you can revist it and things can change or go back to re-fight! It's a good story and challenging combat! Nice loot as well.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

ReindeerDasher

135. Posted:

I've killed this Undead Skeleton horde like 20 times, still don't have the key... stupid random drops >:[

8 Bit Forward
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

136. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

I've killed this Undead Skeleton horde like 20 times, still don't have the key... stupid random drops >:[

I read a review that said it wasn't actually random, you just had to kill the monsters in a certain sequence. Can't remember where I saw it, and I thought it was random too. Anyone know the review I mean?

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

137. Posted:

No I have no clue what the review is!? I wish I knew it was the order since it took me over 3 hours to do. Oh well like I said I got some nice loot from those battles!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

138. Posted:

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

3Dash wrote:

I read a review that said it wasn't actually random, you just had to kill the monsters in a certain sequence. Can't remember where I saw it, and I thought it was random too. Anyone know the review I mean?

I've seen all different kinds of things regarding this supposed sequence - the clearest one was on Gamefaqs: the poster specified that it was best to kill the Skeleton Archers first, then the Mages and then the regular Skeletons. It seems that the item is a random drop from the Skeleton Mage though, which would explain why it's unlikely since the Mage doesn't even appear on every encounter. Perhaps the sequence is an RNG tweak? The original poster did say that it might have to be repeated though, so for all we know it is just a random drop. You might just be having bad luck, 3Dash :(

Also if I remember correctly the item is called the Sapphire Daphne.

EDIT: @3Dash, if you've been looking for a key-like item this entire time, it might explain why you haven't found it. The item you're looking for is an accessory :)

Edited on by Magikarp3

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

ReindeerDasher

139. Posted:

Ok... I was starting to get the impression I had to defeat them in a certain order, seeing as killing different enemies at different times brings forth certain new enemies, like if I kill the Skeleton first, the Skeleton Knight appears, if I kill the Archers first, the Mage appears... but yes, I've been looking for a key-like item, I'll check my items to see if I have that item.

8 Bit Forward
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"

AuthorMessage

Windy

140. Posted:

Crimson Shroud is a totally unique gaming experience. there has never been anything like it and I sure hope its not the last of its kind cause its a blast. You have to play it to understand what im talking about

wish list: Bravely Default, Mario Golf, Fantasy Life, Dragon Quest VII, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Monster Hunter 4, Star Wars Pinball.
On the Bubble (Might Buy) - RuneFactory 4, Pokemon X and Y
Dream Title- NHL Hockey with online Play

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391