3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Crashmo/Fallblox Design Contest - Voting: Weapons

Showing 101 to 120 of 217

AuthorMessage

RR529

101. Posted:

I'll vote for @MasterWario's Rocky. That's always one of my favorite Kirby abilities :)

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

Bazly

102. Posted:

I'm voting for Rocky! And again announcing that I am NOT dead! I swear! lol. I just keep... not playing Pushmo or Crashmo right now. But I will be back into both very soon, I'm sure! I definitely plan to submit to the current Pushmo theme, so I will see your votes again soon! ;)

My Pushmo and Crashmo Levels
My "The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave" QR Codes
My "The Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Waves" QR Codes
3DS Friend Code: 5370-0572-6471
Miiverse Username: iBazly

AuthorMessage

Zyrac

103. Posted:

MasterWario wins! Hooray for actual results!

And for our next theme: Mega Man. The deadline is 11:59PM GMT on Wednesday 6th March.

My Pullblox levels
My Fallblox levels
New Leaf Dream ID: 7100-3063-7289

3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

104. Posted:

Well I'm going to have to place my entry from the only Mega Man game I have ever played: Mega Man Battle Network (It was quite a long time ago). Spooky is pretty simple, and really the only reason I gave it three stars instead of two is because the puzzle is so big in size.
Untitled

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

Zyrac

105. Posted:

I started working on a Tornado Man puzzle, but that was rather... intimidating. Too complex, really. So I went looking for something simpler to work with, and I came up with this. I'm not really sure how hard it is, but it offers at least a decent challenge while avoiding that nasty feeling of "where do I even start", so I'm happy with it.

Untitled

My Pullblox levels
My Fallblox levels

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

106. Posted:

I have trouble focusing so much time on creating a decent crashmo. -_-

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

107. Posted:

@Happy_Mask Yeah I feel similarly at times. For Spooky all I did was place a flag and just haphazardly move blocks around to get to it; that was it.
The big Crashmo in particular seem especially intimidating to make. I enjoy, rather, working with small 16x16 sprites from say, SMB3.

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Zyrac

108. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

@Happy_Mask Yeah I feel similarly at times. For Spooky all I did was place a flag and just haphazardly move blocks around to get to it; that was it.
The big Crashmo in particular seem especially intimidating to make. I enjoy, rather, working with small 16x16 sprites from say, SMB3.

That's kinda what I was saying myself. As I said way back when I posted my first set of levels for this game, it really works best with simpler sprites that don't result in too many blocks. Perhaps I sort of forgot that for a while... looking back at my last few entries, I don't think they stray too far from that philosophy, but they're tough enough to leave me feeling a bit drained. I need to chill out with some easier stuff for a while... perhaps I'll finally get around to posting some non-contest puzzles soon.

So, @Happy_Mask - If it seems like too much work, try picking an easier subject. And remember that what makes a good Fallblox is not the same as what makes a good Pullblox.

My Pullblox levels
My Fallblox levels

AuthorMessage

Bazly

109. Posted:

Man, this was intense. I hope you guys appreciate this, cramped my hand putting it together.

Untitled

Literally took me ALL WEEK, but I did it! Very excited about this one!

Edited on by Bazly

AuthorMessage

Zyrac

110. Posted:

Nice timing, Bazly. Just when we were talking about turning the intensity down a bit. :p Well, just remember that not every puzzle has to be an epic project. Don't wear yourself out.

Anyway, we have an interesting variety of entries this time, so let's see how voting goes.

1. MasterWario
Untitled

2. Zyrac
Untitled

3. Bazly
Untitled

Pick your favourite by 11:59PM GMT on Sunday.

My Pullblox levels
My Fallblox levels

AuthorMessage

RR529

111. Posted:

I'll be voting for @Bazly's Mega Helmet (all three are really nice looking, though).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

Bazly

112. Posted:

@Zyrac: Haha I know! And honestly, you probably know from past debates I've had with people, I don't think a Pushmo OR Crashmo needs to be insanely difficult or elaborate in order for it to be "good". I think even a puzzle that only takes a few seconds to complete is still a lot of fun, and often still has something to offer. This was mostly a coincidence: I wanted to make a puzzle of that sprite for AGES, since I think the time when Mega Man was the theme on the Pushmo design contest thread, so I knew this time around I had to do it. What I ended up making was... FAR more than I had originally anticipated, but I'm glad I put the work in, I'm quite proud of it!

As for voting, I think my vote has to go to Zyrac's this time around, though it's honestly really hard to decide, these puzzles are awesome! Good job everyone! :)

Also, with regards to the conversation that was going on before the contest closed: I think with Crashmo smaller definitely is better. The thing is more complicated sprites get really messy really fast in Crashmo, so I personally think the smaller sprites work MUCH better for it, or at the very least larger sprites that have very large blocks (kind of the case with the Mega Helmet). Once you start getting tons of tiny blocks the whole thing can become a bit of a mess, and it's then hard to tell whether or not there really is only one solution or not. It's definitely an interesting challenge design-wise: I've had to reconsider a lot of my Crashmo projects because of this fact, yet it doesn't disappoint me. I'm kind of excited to see what sort of things I'll end up working on INSTEAD.

TL;DR: I'm voting for Zyrac's, though MasterWario's was also awesome. I'm excited to see more of what people make with Crashmo, glad things are picking up a bit here :)

FINALLY, I wanted to say one thing about my puzzle, however, it does contain A BIT OF A SPOILER. If you HAVEN'T solved it yet, I recommend you attempt solving it FIRST before reading the following. I'm giving the font strikethrough so no one accidentally reads it haha:

Generally to solve this puzzle, the large blue piece on the left, the one with the light blue square INSIDE of it, can be VERY helpful; HOWEVER, it IS possible to solve the puzzle WITHOUT that piece! I plan on making an alternate version of the puzzle that renders that piece unusable, but, just for fun, see if you can do it! I promise you, it is doable! Good luck!

Edited on by Bazly

AuthorMessage

iwanttodie

113. Posted:

Bazly

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND MOTHER 3

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

114. Posted:

As much as I liked Zyrac's puzzle, my vote will go to Bazly's.

Going along with the recent conversation, perhaps the next theme should be 16x16 Only or to make things even more interesting, 8x8 Only. Just a suggestion though.

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

115. Posted:

I vote Master Wario's.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Zyrac

116. Posted:

Bazly wins! What a comeback.

Now then. There was a "small only" theme in the Pullblox thread, so I have been intending to do that here, and this does indeed seem like an appropriate time. So here we go: Small Puzzles, meaning your entry must fit within the small canvas (16x16 blocks). Enter by 11:59PM GMT on Wednesday 20th March.

As for the 8x8 idea, I don't know if I'll do that exact thing, but I do have a related idea...

Edited on by Zyrac

My Pullblox levels
My Fallblox levels

AuthorMessage

Zyrac

117. Posted:

A Minish Cap sprite seems appropriate for this one... even if I did have to cut off the outline at the top to make it fit.

Untitled

My Pullblox levels
My Fallblox levels

AuthorMessage

Bazly

118. Posted:

What's this? iBazly with a last minute entry! You know it! :D

Untitled

Hope you enjoy it!

AuthorMessage

Zyrac

119. Posted:

I've been thinking, it doesn't really make sense anymore for this to be shorter than the Pullblox contest. I'll end this theme here, but I'm thinking the next one will be three weeks.

Anyway:

1. Zyrac
Untitled

2. Bazly
Untitled

Vote for one of these by 11:59PM GMT on Sunday.

My Pullblox levels
My Fallblox levels

AuthorMessage

Bazly

120. Posted:

Yes, I support the time decision. I love Pushmo and Crashmo, they are quickly becoming my favourite games of all time - BUT, people have a lot of other games on the go. I think it's hard to be dedicated enough to pump out a new level every week or two. There are just so many good games coming out these days! :D

Also, since I only have one option, I think it's safe to say I vote for Zyrac's :P. (Though it's an awesome level so I don't mind!)