3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Coaster Creator 3D impressions thread

Showing 1 to 20 of 41

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrazyOtto

1. Posted:

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/coaster-creator-3d-is-coming-to-th...

Edited on by theblackdragon

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

2. Posted:

Why is the original post of content less?

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrazyOtto

3. Posted:

Morphtroid wrote:

Why is the original post of content less?

Um... what do you mean?

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Undead_terror

4. Posted:

Thanks for the heads up but if you have any info on the release date of future 3ds ware, please post it in the upcoming 3ds ware thread!
http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/eshop/upcoming_3ds_downloa...

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Barbiegurl777

5. Posted:

I watched the video on nintendo's website for this game under games coming soon look's alright but gonna wait to see how many stars the game actually gets before downloading it plus it has a $9.99 price tag so its iffy. Not to mention the video was making me a little sea sick if even possible to much motion in the game. Will have to think hard before downloading it because really like the graphics just don't want to get sea sick every time I play it lol. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Rugrats777 Blog - Discontinued
Colors 3D! My Gallery
MoshiMe: ymmas626
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My Dream Code: 5600-2112-8544
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

6. Posted:

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

I watched the video on nintendo's website for this game under games coming soon look's alright but gonna wait to see how many stars the game actually gets before downloading it plus it has a $9.99 price tag so its iffy. Not to mention the video was making me a little sea sick if even possible to much motion in the game. Will have to think hard before downloading it because really like the graphics just don't want to get sea sick every time I play it lol. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

eShop ratings ("stars") are useless, because you have to play a game for an hour before you can rate it (meaning only those who like it, will spend that time with it, thus all the 4 & 5 star ratings most games get).

I'd wait for some professional reviews (such as NL or NWR) before making a decision.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

maxiw

7. Posted:

still can't find Coaster Creator 3D in Canada e-Shop...

maxiw

AuthorMessage
Avatar

slidecage

8. Posted:

there are reviews up at other sites but dont know if we are allow to link them so i just post their comments

18/30 - Okay/Average
Gameplay 6/10 - Controls clunky at first, some good missions but with issues, physics issues and other inconsistencies, unreliable at times
Presentation 6/10 - Welcome perspective changes, some uninteresting aspects, music not the greatest, personality and refinement needed in places
Enjoyment 3/5 - Process frustrates when fumbles are present, only a limited degree of satisfaction that can be derived from the overall package
Extra Content 3/5 - Career offers 20 challenges, heart of the game is creating and sharing custom creations, pricey compared to other options

i pass dont sound good enough for a 10 buck game

slidecage

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sephariel

9. Posted:

slidecage wrote:

Extra Content 3/5 - Career offers 20 challenges, heart of the game is creating and sharing custom creations, pricey compared to other options

So what other options are there ?

Sephariel

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

10. Posted:

NWR: 7/10

They liked: Mii integration, the freedom of Sandbox mode, a wealth of customization options.

They Disliked: tedious Career Mode, pointless/boring Star Roller minigame, heavy ghosting effect of 3D.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Barbiegurl777

11. Posted:

@RR529

Don't worry I go by both nintendolife (NL) reviews & e-shop ratings I agree they are a little pointless the e-shop ratings but still like to see how many stars a game get's just out of curiousity lol. :D

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Rugrats777 Blog - Discontinued
Colors 3D! My Gallery
MoshiMe: ymmas626
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My Dream Code: 5600-2112-8544
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage
Avatar

astroshamu

12. Posted:

I agree the story mode is more something I have to do to unlock everything in sandbox, But Either way I really only got this game for the sandbox mode, Which I think is awesome, can create whatever you want coaster wise

astroshamu

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2415-2393 | Nintendo Network ID: Astroshamu

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

13. Posted:

New review. FFG (Family Friendly Gaming): 92/100

Note: it should be taken into acount that FFG determines their scores more on the "moral quality" of a game, rather than it's technical quality (hence their name). That's not a bad thing, just wanted you to know that they calculate their scores differently than most other review sites.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sephariel

14. Posted:

I hope this comes to EU soon

Sephariel

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bluerobin2

15. Posted:

I don't know what you guys are talking about THIS GAME IS AWESOME except maybe for career mode I highly recommend it. Sure, there are glitches and a few problems with physics but that is part of the fun!

Edited on by Bluerobin2

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Arkaein

16. Posted:

Hello everyone, I'm the Lead Developer from Big John Games. First I want to say we appreciate everyone who has purchased and is enjoying our latest release.

However I also want to let everyone know that we've had a few reports of a pair of bugs which have just identified and will be submitting an fixed update for very soon, related to Mii Riders. Mii Riders are unlocked after completing 8 Challenges in Career Mode. At this point Mii Riders are enabled by default, and will appear during normal Rides, Challenge Test Rides, and in Star Roller. They can be disabled in the Options Menu.

The first bug is that the Options Menu setting is not being applied during Challenge Test Rides, i.e., Miis will ride the coaster even when this setting is unchecked. The second bug is that on a 3DS where Miis have been created AND THEN deleted, without enough new Miis created afterwards, empty Mii data can be loaded for one or more riders, causing a crash and return to the HOME menu.

We will have this fixed and an update available very soon. In the meantime, for anyone affected by this bug a workaround is to create more Miis in Mii Maker, and not delete any Miis. The number of Miis you need to create depends on how many have ever been deleted. Basically, deleting a Mii creates an empty slot, and making a new Mii will fill up that slot. So if you have deleted 8 Miis at any time, and created 3 more since then, creating an additional 5 Miis should prevent the crash.

This bug will only appear after completing 8 challenges, so it can also be avoided by using just the Sandbox mode until the update is ready. Once Mii Riders are unlocked, the bug will affect Sandbox mode, but can be prevented by disabling Mii Riders in the Options Menu.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and will do our best to make the updated version available quickly.

Arkaein

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Shane904

17. Posted:

Arkaein wrote:

Hello everyone, I'm the Lead Developer from Big John Games. First I want to say we appreciate everyone who has purchased and is enjoying our latest release.

However I also want to let everyone know that we've had a few reports of a pair of bugs which have just identified and will be submitting an fixed update for very soon, related to Mii Riders. Mii Riders are unlocked after completing 8 Challenges in Career Mode. At this point Mii Riders are enabled by default, and will appear during normal Rides, Challenge Test Rides, and in Star Roller. They can be disabled in the Options Menu.

The first bug is that the Options Menu setting is not being applied during Challenge Test Rides, i.e., Miis will ride the coaster even when this setting is unchecked. The second bug is that on a 3DS where Miis have been created AND THEN deleted, without enough new Miis created afterwards, empty Mii data can be loaded for one or more riders, causing a crash and return to the HOME menu.

We will have this fixed and an update available very soon. In the meantime, for anyone affected by this bug a workaround is to create more Miis in Mii Maker, and not delete any Miis. The number of Miis you need to create depends on how many have ever been deleted. Basically, deleting a Mii creates an empty slot, and making a new Mii will fill up that slot. So if you have deleted 8 Miis at any time, and created 3 more since then, creating an additional 5 Miis should prevent the crash.

This bug will only appear after completing 8 challenges, so it can also be avoided by using just the Sandbox mode until the update is ready. Once Mii Riders are unlocked, the bug will affect Sandbox mode, but can be prevented by disabling Mii Riders in the Options Menu.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and will do our best to make the updated version available quickly.

Thanks for the update on the update =) I love it when game developers show up on communities.

Is there a first-person view mode for the roller coasters?

Edited on by Shane904

Check out my free Android app, Paddle Ball!
Google Play Store | Amazon Appstore

[Check out Reviews by Shane!]

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MushroomCooCoo

18. Posted:

I can't find this game in the Canadian eshop. What's with this? I really want to play this game.

MushroomCooCoo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Arkaein

19. Posted:

@sak904 Yes, there is a first person view mode, as well as other view modes.

@MushroomCooCoo our studio has contacted Nintendo to find out why the game is currently only available in the US, and not in other countries in the North America region. Hopefully we'll have more info tomorrow.

Arkaein

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Shane904

20. Posted:

To anyone with the game: This game is half the price of picking up Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D used. Does it justify the price, or do you think I might as well take the plunge on RTC 3D?

Check out my free Android app, Paddle Ball!
Google Play Store | Amazon Appstore

[Check out Reviews by Shane!]