3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Cave Story+ |OT| 4th Ninty port, 3rd Dimension, 2nd time, The 1 and only Cave Story

Showing 41 to 60 of 97

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

41. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I FOUND ANOTHER ONE!

Unlock nemesis challenge, and them exit, open up challenges again, and hit A. You will be in Time attack mode, even if it isn't unlocked!

For the record, this is an example of a minor glitch in my opinion. It's not game-breaking in the least bit, and you'd have to do searching to find it.

I want this, but I don't even have the cash.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CerealKiller528

42. Posted:

So umm.. This looks interesting, but what exactly is the gameplay like? A platformer? Sorry for the stupid question.

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

43. Posted:

CerealKiller528 wrote:

So umm.. This looks interesting, but what exactly is the gameplay like? A platformer? Sorry for the stupid question.

Metroid. It's more linear than the oldschool Metroid's though (about the same amount of linearity as Metroid Fusion, with a stronger emphasis on story/character).

The little "heart tanks" (I'm not sure what they're officially called) you collect to increase your life, resemble Metroid's Energy Tanks, and have a very similar jingle when you get one.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CerealKiller528

44. Posted:

Metroid? I hated that game so much. Metroid Fusion was alright though. Not my cup of tea though. I guess I'll get Art Of Balance:TOUCH! and call it a day.

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

45. Posted:

Just finished it! The final set of bosses were awesome (particularly the final boss)!

Fantastic game all around. Catchy music, solid gameplay, fantastic bosses, solid story, and great retro look. I can't think of a single negative thing to say about it!

BTW, I think I got the good ending (Sue was still alive, and we escaped the island's colapse).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Karakato

46. Posted:

You haven't gotten the best ending though where the island doesn't collapse. Can't spoil everything but there's a certain friend you must keep alive in order to get the ending.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

47. Posted:

SPOILERS

@Onikato, I'm assuming you're talking about Curly? Yeah, I was a bit surprised that she gave me her air tank. I never heard anyone talk about keeping her alive though, so I just figured it was a regular part of the story.

SPOILERS END

Anyhow, I'll probably go back and do it some other time (I don't usually replay a game right after I just beat it). I'll go back to the Denpa Men (need to finish those extra, post-story dungeons), and once I'm done with that I'll probably come back (assuming NightSky isn't out by then :P).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordJumpMad

48. Posted:

@RR529
You didn't go for the real ending?
Thats the best part of the game, and most rewarding. You haven't play CaveStory untill you save Curly.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Norfair

49. Posted:

I played the hell out of the original, then I got Cave Story+ from a Humble Bundle.
Didn't play Cave Story+ that much and now this eShop version makes me want to get my Cave Story on.
Guess it's time to log into Steam again..

Also, Balrog is best! Huzzah!

Edited on by Norfair

My body is ready, can you say the same? Is your body ready?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-9601-9308

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

50. Posted:

I think I found another one, but it actually makes sense.

Wearing the easy uniform in the challenge modes won't let you save your best time, as it's cheating. Good call on Nicallis.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

51. Posted:

This sounds unusual for me to say (since I haven't played a Genesis in well over 10 years), but this game feels very 16 bit SEGA to me. From the music, to the way the game looks (especially the Sand Zone, for some reason), that's what it makes me think of (which is odder still, for the fact that it's influenced by Metroid).

Conversely, Mighty Switch Force! felt very SNES to me.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

52. Posted:

Anyone else bothered by the fact that Quote walks behind certain elements that should be behind him? I'm thinking of the plaques on the statues for sure (the rest of the statue is behind him, but the plaque pops out in front of him...how?) but I know there were others. It's like they just applied a universal 3D layering effect without looking at specific instances where it...kinda didn't make sense.

Also, did anyone get Chako's lipstick in this one? I tried but didn't get the item...may be something I did wrong, but I was curious.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Karakato

53. Posted:

When you first get to bushlands and enter Chako's house the first time, check her fire place and after her brief dialog, immediately sleep on her bed. Won't work any other way after you douse the fire so you only get one chance. Now that you mentioned it, I never noticed the innuendo when I first played the game also missed Curly's item the first time I came to her house.

About the 3D effect, yes, Some parts like the cave doors do feel out of place to me, but they are quite sparse for me to be irked since I love seeing Sprited Cave story in 3d.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

54. Posted:

Ah, thanks! I never realized there was a specific sequence to doing those things, so thank you!

Overall the 3D looks great (particularly in the giant egg room and other similar environments) but I do wish certain other visual niggles didn't get in the way. Another layer of polish would have really gone a long way.

Also, any idea how to unlock all the challenges? Is it just a matter of collecting the guns? I did a "good" ending run and saw I had unlocked the Nemesis Challenge, but that was the only one. Also missing a bunch of jukebox songs, somehow!

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

55. Posted:

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

Ah, thanks! I never realized there was a specific sequence to doing those things, so thank you!

Overall the 3D looks great (particularly in the giant egg room and other similar environments) but I do wish certain other visual niggles didn't get in the way. Another layer of polish would have really gone a long way.

Also, any idea how to unlock all the challenges? Is it just a matter of collecting the guns? I did a "good" ending run and saw I had unlocked the Nemesis Challenge, but that was the only one. Also missing a bunch of jukebox songs, somehow!

Get the best ending and you will unlock the rest. Also, go to the sand zone and steal Curly's panties, (Yes, that's what they are) and you will unlock her story. EXCEPT IT DOESN'T WORK because they called it "time attack" instead, mixing up the map sprites.

Also in order to unlock the other songs, go to the farm (Hidden in Mimiga village), and get the best ending. In order to unlock the last two, you must beat Nemesis challenge, Boss rush or Time attack.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

56. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

Ah, thanks! I never realized there was a specific sequence to doing those things, so thank you!

Overall the 3D looks great (particularly in the giant egg room and other similar environments) but I do wish certain other visual niggles didn't get in the way. Another layer of polish would have really gone a long way.

Also, any idea how to unlock all the challenges? Is it just a matter of collecting the guns? I did a "good" ending run and saw I had unlocked the Nemesis Challenge, but that was the only one. Also missing a bunch of jukebox songs, somehow!

Get the best ending and you will unlock the rest. Also, go to the sand zone and steal Curly's panties, (Yes, that's what they are) and you will unlock her story. EXCEPT IT DOESN'T WORK because they called it "time attack" instead, mixing up the map sprites.

Also in order to unlock the other songs, go to the farm (Hidden in Mimiga village), and get the best ending. In order to unlock the last two, you must beat Nemesis challenge, Boss rush or Time attack.

It was patched just now. Go to the eShop and download the update :)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knuckles

57. Posted:

Mr_LztheBleh wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

Ah, thanks! I never realized there was a specific sequence to doing those things, so thank you!

Overall the 3D looks great (particularly in the giant egg room and other similar environments) but I do wish certain other visual niggles didn't get in the way. Another layer of polish would have really gone a long way.

Also, any idea how to unlock all the challenges? Is it just a matter of collecting the guns? I did a "good" ending run and saw I had unlocked the Nemesis Challenge, but that was the only one. Also missing a bunch of jukebox songs, somehow!

Get the best ending and you will unlock the rest. Also, go to the sand zone and steal Curly's panties, (Yes, that's what they are) and you will unlock her story. EXCEPT IT DOESN'T WORK because they called it "time attack" instead, mixing up the map sprites.

Also in order to unlock the other songs, go to the farm (Hidden in Mimiga village), and get the best ending. In order to unlock the last two, you must beat Nemesis challenge, Boss rush or Time attack.

It was patched just now. Go to the eShop and download the update :)

Downloading Now :)

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery
8 Bit Forward
eShop Gurus
The 7 Emeralds are the servers. Chaos is power, enriched by the heart. The controller serves to unify the chaos. -Tikal

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux27

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GeminiSaint

58. Posted:

That was really, really fast. Like, less than 7 days after the game became available and the glitch was discovered! Given that this is Nicalis, I thought we wouldn't see an update in months...

GeminiSaint

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

59. Posted:

Well, I must say I'm thoroughly impressed with how quickly the situation was handled here. Given it was Nicalis, my expectations were low, like half a year or less.

Here's to hoping NightSky will be glitch-free.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordJumpMad

60. Posted:

I refuse to update it.
Broken Story better then Curly Story.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad