Forums

Topic: X-Scape Impressions Thread

Posts 101 to 118 of 118

LuWiiGi

If people want impressions, they could always read my review above. If it's too much writing, just check the previous pages.

No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

WarioWare: DIY: FC - 0904 7088 3011
Favourite users: PunnyGuy, StarBoy91, cloudcult10, Xkhaoz, Dragoon, DannyBoy, NintyFan, NintendoPurist, Sadman, Wooperman1, Golgo, GamesX99, turtlelink. The rest of you are cool too, though.

ReddLionz

Hey, I'm thinking about getting this game. Could somebody please explain how difficult it is? It would be helpful to compare the difficulty to Star Fox 64, Thorium Wars, and any other game is fine.

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

LuWiiGi

It's not too difficult generally, but the mothership level quite early on in the game has caught many people out (including me) and it can take a while to get past. The final battle is also challenging, and the controls take some getting used to, but the game isn't too hard overall. I'm sure it's easier than Thorium Wars. For tips, see earlier posts. For more impressions, read my review on the previous page (I sound desperate).

Favourite users: PunnyGuy, StarBoy91, cloudcult10, Xkhaoz, Dragoon, DannyBoy, NintyFan, NintendoPurist, Sadman, Wooperman1, Golgo, GamesX99, turtlelink. The rest of you are cool too, though.

suburban_sensei

ReddLionz wrote:

Hey, I'm thinking about getting this game. Could somebody please explain how difficult it is? It would be helpful to compare the difficulty to Star Fox 64, Thorium Wars, and any other game is fine.

The game is not very difficult at all. It is tedious at times, especially in the controls department. I changed from stylus to d-pad movement, and I am having a lot better time with the game. This is by far one of the better games on the DSiWare service, mainly due to how ambitious it is, it feels like you are playing a portable BattleZone game.

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

hulklol123456789

Nah it easy, the mothership was not hard (trust me) yeah, if you decided to buy some dsiware games (why do you do that?), then these is one good option.

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

Kyloctopus

It's fun. I have one boss left. This game has unique graqhics and a classic shooting style.
Although I found this game confusing at some parts.
But at the ending I get it.
Maybe this would be better for wii though

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

cheapogamer4life

/ notices koop3s signature

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

ReddLionz

Yay, I got this game yesterday. Although I must be honest, I'm not crazy about the control scheme when you have full control over your vehicle. And why can't you shoot and turn at the same time? Still fun though, even though I'm not too far in the game.

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

LuWiiGi

Does anyone actually ever bother strafing? It seems a bit pointless if you can't shoot at the same time. Also, there needs to be a third game in the trilogy. A longer third game.

Bassman_Q

Yeah I don't think I ever used the strafe action in the game. Instead, on the final boss, I just kept moving backwards, avoiding the guy's shots while also still being able to fire mah lazers. (See what I did there?)

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

LuWiiGi

I did the same. Looking back now I realise that while the final boss was fun, it was way too easy, and I never had to fly at all. I just hope they make another game.

matrix960

It's an amazing game. It's very great and well made!!!!

Get it !!!

matrix960

Hokori

Its a great game

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

JohnDoe123

I know this is really old, but I'm playing through it for the first time (Never really got into it) and am stuck at the Earth part with the missles. I've tried it a few times and I'm still far from beating it. Is there some sort of trick that I'm not getting? Thanks!

JohnDoe123

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0286-9394

rayword45

EmpireIndustries wrote:

I know this is really old, but I'm playing through it for the first time (Never really got into it) and am stuck at the Earth part with the missles. I've tried it a few times and I'm still far from beating it. Is there some sort of trick that I'm not getting? Thanks!

I assume you are holding down the fire button (which I failed to do).

If so, then you simply have to work with a bit of luck. Your best bet is to focus on the minor enemies while the missiles are far away, then attacking the missiles only (since the other enemies won't be much of a scare then)

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

kurtasbestos

HAY! I just finished this game. I bought a bunch of games that I always wanted recently in order to attempt to get the Club Nintendo fancy rewards things (which I ended up not getting, but that's okay because they weren't all that great this year anyway), and this was by far my favorite of the bunch. There are a lot of little details I could nitpick over, but when it really comes down to it, the game held my attention from beginning and end and even made me really want to get a 100% completion, something I haven't done in a game in a really long time. I can't imagine this will sway a lot of people who were on the fence over this game, but as an audio engineer, the sound design is fantastic, and I think that played a big part in making me really enjoy this game. Nice work, Q-Games! Now to go download the rest of their work that I haven't gotten around to yet...

AQUIA BASE 10 BOXLIFE CUBELLO DIGIDRIVE light trax ORBIENT PiCTOBiTS precipice ROTOHEX Rotozoa ZENGAGE

Nintendo Network ID: kurtasbestos

Freelance

suburban_sensei wrote:

ReddLionz wrote:

The game is not very difficult at all. It is tedious at times, especially in the controls department. I changed from stylus to d-pad movement, and I am having a lot better time with the game. This is by far one of the better games on the DSiWare service, mainly due to how ambitious it is, it feels like you are playing a portable BattleZone game.

I had BattleZone on PC and it was great! Too bad X-Scape has hideous 1 colour schemes. Those bright levels might ruin my eyesight. I'd buy it if it had better non-garish colours.

Freelance

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.