Showing 1 to 20 of 118
1. Posted: Mon 31st May 2010 17:15 BST
I just finished the training levels, and so far it is pretty awesome. While the monochrome display and aiming and movement are controlled with the touch screen only, this is pretty awesome and epic. Your thoughts?
2. Posted: Mon 31st May 2010 17:17 BST
i am so getting it when I have points.
3. Posted: Mon 31st May 2010 17:29 BST
Just downloaded X-Scape, saving it for summer break (Thursday).
Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time
4. Posted: Mon 31st May 2010 17:42 BST
Get. This. Game. Now.
5. Posted: Mon 31st May 2010 17:50 BST
The options menu has a button layout option.
Anyway, the game is visually gorgeous, very reminiscent to the old StarFox on SNES. Even the commander is similar to Andross visually. The controls work pretty well, but can take a little bit to get used to. The tunnel scenarios can get hectic as you make you way while shooting enemies and avoiding obstacles. When you get to the more "open" missions, you face enemies resembling Mechs, geometric shapes, and many other types of enemies. There are also areas where you can hack into the planet's database and get background info on the planet's past.
This is, indeed, a good game.
Edited on Mon 31st May, 2010 @ 17:50 by irken004
6. Posted: Mon 31st May 2010 18:29 BST
This game is amazing! I'll post impressions later if people are interested.
Edited on Mon 31st May, 2010 @ 18:29 by KnucklesSonic8
7. Posted: Mon 31st May 2010 19:47 BST
I am loving how the missions are divided up into less than 5 minute segments. The pacing is awesome.This is just an amazing game worth the 800 points it costs.
8. Posted: Mon 31st May 2010 19:49 BST
I'm at the mothership mission (tried four times now). How about you all?
edit:Just cleared it.
Edited on Mon 31st May, 2010 @ 20:06 by KnucklesSonic8
9. Posted: Mon 31st May 2010 22:46 BST
From what I've played so far it's awesome, but I hate how much backtracking you have to do. I have to surf through tons of planets just to get to the one I want.
Dah, this will work.
10. Posted: Mon 31st May 2010 22:48 BST
Perhaps there's a level select option later on, who knows. I don't mind it, personally 'cause I enjoy the warp gates.
11. Posted: Mon 31st May 2010 22:54 BST
You won't when you have to get the C rank.
12. Posted: Mon 31st May 2010 22:55 BST
I'm already beyond that part. Heh.
13. Posted: Mon 31st May 2010 22:56 BST
I'm probably just rushing through the game.
14. Posted: Mon 31st May 2010 23:05 BST
Any one wanna post their impressions?
Man's worst enemy is laziness.
15. Posted: Mon 31st May 2010 23:07 BST
Doing some right now.
16. Posted: Mon 31st May 2010 23:26 BST
Here you go, hope this helps: http://bit.ly/cS2mU9
17. Posted: Tue 1st Jun 2010 02:10 BST
I downloaded it right when it came out at 12:00 EST. It's a great game so far. I'm stuck at the mothership level at the part where the mothership is about to crash into the rebel base. Any hints?
18. Posted: Tue 1st Jun 2010 02:24 BST
I was stuck there for a while too. Prior to the mouthership targeting the base, get 3 missiles ready ahead of time. Those are a big help. Just FYI, when I beat it on my fifth try, I only had like 3 seconds left until impact.
19. Posted: Tue 1st Jun 2010 02:30 BST
try to use missles, It's hard to aim at the ship with the standard gun thingy. Also, you should try not to get under the mother ship when attacking it, once I backed away from the mothership and attacked, I was over with the mission in no time.
What rank are you guys? Sadly, I'm still rank E...
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath. ~ Michael Caine
20. Posted: Tue 1st Jun 2010 02:31 BST
I'm at C.