Forums

Topic: Tetris for DSiWare

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

budasfire

Hey, do you guys think Nintendo will release Tetris for DSiWare? I'm asking this especially because the retail version of Tetris DS isn't selling anymore, and seeing how Dr Mario got his own DSiWare, I don't see why Tetris wouldn't.

What I'd hate is if it was based on the WiiWare version -- I find the original DS version a lot more suited for Tetris fans, and less generic, having old school Nintendo tunes and characters.

So what do you think? Discuss.

budasfire

Charlie_The_Unicorn

They probably will, but I won't get it since I already have Tetris Party.

Tomena Sanner: Because dancing businessmen are awesome.

Cheezy

They should just make a barebones Tetris game like the NES one with a couple more features and retail it for cheap. In my eyes, simple is best.

Who Are You?

warioswoods

The DS game was the best Tetris package ever released, with a perfect presentation and some of the best modes available anywhere (Push is the greatest Tetris innovation since the original release, IMO).

So, they could carve that one up into the different modes, which are completely independent anyway. They might just go with a simpler retro feel instead, but it would be disappointing.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Wiiloveit

I wouldn't have thought that they'd make anything special since Tetris DS already exists, but if they did, it would be ace. Providing that they used the screen space better than Dr Mario, that is.

Wiiloveit

warioswoods

Yeah, Dr. Mario really should have had some alternate vertical-holding mode.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Victoria

warioswoods wrote:

Wouldn't that have made it awfully hard to reach the buttons?

I'd probably buy a cheap DSiWare Tetris, though I wouldn't buy it as a stand alone game. It would nice having it 'built in' so you could just play it at any time without having to pop in the game card.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

thewiirocks

Victoria wrote:

Does it need the buttons? Left/Right to move, down to speed up, up to rotate.

warioswoods wrote:

I'd probably buy a cheap DSiWare Tetris, though I wouldn't buy it as a stand alone game. It would nice having it 'built in' so you could just play it at any time without having to pop in the game card.

I can just see it now... (breaks into song) "A little bit of magic in my life, a little bit of Tetris by my side, a little bit of Dr. Mario is all I need, a little bit of Wario is what I see..."

I hate that song.

Edited on by thewiirocks

thewiirocks

jangonov

@__thewiirocks
what would you do for a fast drop?

Wii : 5234 3442 0233 5325
3DS: 2664-2106-1671
I have A LOT of games, if you want to play something, just email me jangonov&#...

Double tap down? Or tap the screen, though that would be weird.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

ReZon

Tetris for DSiWare would be great. And considering you can't buy a used copy of Tetris DS without paying more than it originally cost (and it is no longer print), I'd gladly take a Tetris Express. Even on eBay, most of the copies of Tetris DS for sale are knockoffs from Thailand.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom - 0045-4226-761
http://flipnote.hatena.com/518C63F031CA4938@DSi/

Dezner

I could go for a remastered Tetris 2 release, or just release it looking old-school with some new features. >_>

...Though, I probably should get a DSi before I worry about DSiWare releases.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

theblackdragon

it would be nice to have just a basic wiiware version so we don't have to worry about switching out cartridges so much. i'd gladly take a Tetris Express myself. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

iphys

Yeah, I've been thinking there should be a Tetris DSiWare release, since Tetris DS has been out of print for a while, and Tetris is better suited as a cheap downloadable game than as a full retail release. I hope it would have faster play control like Tetris DS, but lots of music options like Tetris Party. Also, if anything is going to be on the top screen it should be game statistics on how many tetrises, t-spins, etc. instead of stupid graphics that have nothing to do with Tetris. I hope they wouldn't scale it back and get rid of the wi-fi play like has happened with some other DSiWare titles.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Wiiloveit

Victoria wrote:

warioswoods wrote:

Not if they included a similar control scheme to that of the Brain Age 2 Germ Buster mini game

Wiiloveit

Pegasus

warioswoods wrote:

The DS game was the best Tetris package ever released, with a perfect presentation and some of the best modes available anywhere (Push is the greatest Tetris innovation since the original release, IMO).

Amen. I love Push! In comparison, Tetris Party is quite generic and dull.

Mario Forever! (free nipple suit and gratuitous butt-shots included)
PSN: MisterMumbles82

Stuffgamer1

ReZon wrote:

Tetris for DSiWare would be great. And considering you can't buy a used copy of Tetris DS without paying more than it originally cost (and it is no longer print), I'd gladly take a Tetris Express. Even on eBay, most of the copies of Tetris DS for sale are knockoffs from Thailand.

I have one of those bootleg copies. Of course, I didn't know that's what I was buying until it got here... It works flawlessly, though, and the game had already been discontinued for at least a year by the time I bought it, so I'm not TOO upset about it.

I've gotten very good at recognizing bootleg games lately, especially for GBA (not that DS is much harder). One easy way to tell a bootleg, provided the game was made after 2003: The Nintendo Seal. If it says "Nintendo Seal of Quality," it's a bootleg. Just "Nintendo Seal" is real. Why they used the outdated seal on bootlegs is beyond me...

Anyway, I'd like Tetris on DSiWare. At least it wouldn't get discontinued way the crap too fast like Tetris DS (and Tetris Evolution) did! I would like it to be as much like Tetris DS as possible, though. The characters and music gave it irresistible charm, and made the items in battle mode a lot more intuitive to Nintendo fans (played Mario Kart? You're good to go!). Even so, I like a lot of what Tetris Party had to offer (especially the newer modes), so I think they could make it work without being TOO much like Tetris DS.

It's probably just a matter of time until they make it, anyway. That'd totally be a cash cow, and I'm sure that fact is well known.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

KnucklesSonic8

The only thing they'd ever release on DSiWare, would be Tetris DS Express, AFAIC.

KnucklesSonic8

Outrunner

Isn't there some preblem with the license when releasing a Tetris game?

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.