Showing 1 to 13 of 13
1. Posted: Mon 15th Jun 2009 18:27 BST
NINTY why must you release crap on the DSiWare. People were counting on you for a quality place to download games. We did not ask for clocks and calculators, or rehashes, but did you listen to us NO! We want VC on the DSiWare service, we want free apps. We want YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK, and even TWITTER. Why must you continue with the crap, today we get a mario themed clock and calculator. WHY? Sure, if we keep on buying you'll keep on making, but why must you milk mario for all he's got? Give us quality mario games not crap! I bought the Mario vs DK: minis March Again, and loved it, and in fact still love it, but a mario themed calculator is a liitle too much NINTY. The app store is killing you! They have what us gamers deserve from a portable device, if you want to put out apps the more the merrier. BUT DONT GIVE US CRAP! I want FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE, TWITTER, ect. Help us out here your dying!
Edited on Mon 15th June, 2009 @ 18:33 by bubby323
Check Out DSiHub!
Check out DSiHub's Twitter for more updates.
Email email@example.com with comments and suggestions.
2. Posted: Tue 16th Jun 2009 07:29 BST
AGREED WITH THIS NEWS POSTING! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
3. Posted: Tue 16th Jun 2009 08:24 BST
Just quietly, I think Nintendo are focusing more on the 105 Million people with access to retail games than the 5 million people with access to DSiWare. It's called common sense.
4. Posted: Tue 16th Jun 2009 21:07 BST
@ Kim Jong-Il I completly agree with you but my point is if Nintendo is wanting to convert those 105 million people to the DSi they are going to have to do a bit more...
5. Posted: Tue 16th Jun 2009 21:57 BST
You only seem to be asking for two things:
(1) A VC for the DSi -- that's never been promised, and it's really too early to tell what will happen. Suffice to say, however, that there are real issues that might dissuade Nintendo from jumping on that, like the fact that classic GB / GBC games have a resolution that wouldn't necessarily look very nice on the DSi, taking up only a smaller portion of the screen and leaving tons of black empty space, and that can't be scaled to even 2x. I still hope they do it, but it's still so very early right now.
(2) Social networking apps and video apps. First of all, Twitter works perfectly fine with the DSi web browser, so I don't see a problem there at all. They have an app coming that will allow direct upload of pictures to Facebook, so clearly something is getting done there. As for YouTube, it's never really been Nintendo's intention to produce an all-media kind of device; it's primarily a gaming platform that has some nice additional capabilities like the camera and browser but YouTube is likely not something big on their radar. Plus, it's not surprising from a technical perspective that it doesn't support YouTube -- that's tougher to do with a portable device than you might think. Even the iPhone doesn't support it directly through flash, instead they had to strike a deal whereby portions of YouTube are encoded in an alternate format that the iPhone can decode. It would likely require some kind of big deal to be made with the appropriate parties before YouTube could be viewable on the DSi, and it shouldn't surprise anyone at this point that it isn't a priority for Nintendo -- they support flash only minimally on the Wii, and have still not listened to all the complaints begging for Hulu support or support for newer versions of flash.
As for the games on DSiWare, I'm perfectly pleased right now, there are some nice titles available for download, and surely more on the way. I don't see any cause for complaint with the list right now: Aquia, Pictobits, RealSoccer, Dr. Mario, Mario vs. DK, Might Flip Champs, etc -- depending on your region of course. But not bad at all, if you ask me.
Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread
6. Posted: Tue 16th Jun 2009 22:43 BST
i also agree with you my point is Nintendo is marketing the DSi as your OWN console that is unique to you, that is portable and easy topick up and play, while the DSiWare on the market now is pleasing, you cant help but wonder what they are going to do next. And if I remember correctly then in the NA NINTENDO DSI PROMO VIDEO they showed the browser on yahoo, but i have yet to figure out where that site is that they showed, which leads me to think NINTY may be in the works of apps for social purposes. Anyway, I sure hope so! Thanks for the reply!
7. Posted: Wed 17th Jun 2009 04:47 BST
I think releasing one game a week is already a minimum, I cant believe we dont even have one this week.
8. Posted: Wed 17th Jun 2009 10:12 BST
Clubhouse Games should have been more than a downgraded port. They could have added online play, voice chat with friends, custom-made missions for these five.
Honestly, Clubhouse Games should have been a free download, and you could download content for it.
On top of this, the clocks should have not been channels, but rather add-ons for the actual clock.
9. Posted: Wed 17th Jun 2009 16:04 BST
@terry908 i agree with you for what you are saying, but while you get none NoA gave us a mario calculator and clock not really much so you didnt really miss out. what region are you in?
@New Age Retro Hippie: I havent picked up clubhouse games yet, but i probably will, considering I never bought or played the original, and I think the clocks would fit well on the top screen instead of your pictures, it would definitely make it worth while to buy! As for clubhouse games being free... all the express games should be free, but we all know NINTY milks everything they can!
10. Posted: Sun 21st Jun 2009 03:08 BST
I agree, to a point. The clocks are really just a blatant cash-ins as the DSi already has a fine clock available on the main menu. It's a real bummer having to load the app instead of having it appear on the top screen in place of a picture. The calculators are decent at $2 but a few more options would have been nice.
I'm highly doubting that a YouTube app will lever be created let alone that it is even possible. I believe the DSi has 16 MB of RAM, no? The Wii has 64MB if I'm not mistaken. The Wii can load YouTube via the internet channel, but it takes some time. Now imagine four times the amount of time it takes to load a video. Besides, the DSi lacks flash anyway, and I'm sure it's for a reason.
11. Posted: Sun 21st Jun 2009 03:31 BST
I think we will be pleasantly surprised with the newer DSiWare titles coming out within the next few weeks... Just be patient.
++((b@LLiSTikB0y))++"HATE is a big word, so make sure you got yo big boy britches on when you use it." -Me
12. Posted: Sun 21st Jun 2009 05:04 BST
I think we will be pleasantly surprised with the newer DSiWare titles coming out within the next few weeks... Just be patient.B
You just might be on to something.
"Congratulations to Odnetnin for Most Disturbing Post 2009" - Adam
Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time
3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin
13. Posted: Sun 21st Jun 2009 14:04 BST
ballistikboy wrote:I think we will be pleasantly surprised with the newer DSiWare titles coming out within the next few weeks... Just be patient.BYou just might be on to something.
COUGH*ART STYLE AND POP*COUGH
Tomena Sanner: Because dancing businessmen are awesome.