Forums

Topic: Pro Jumper! First Impressions

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

bboy2970

I watched the trailer for this one...and I'm just not really sure what to think. It looks like something that will either be really great and hilarious or totally awful. So was anyone brave? Leave first impressions here. I'd love to hear more about this very odd game

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

GreenAbobo

I got it, and so far it's pretty cool. Simple but effective gameplay: platform your way through an enemy and bottomless pit laden stage, and defeat the boss to unlock the next stage. The production values are high, with nice animation, well done audio and vibrant graphics. I'm 1/3 of the way through the 6 stages, and the main critique I can come up with is that it looks like it'll be a tad on the short side. You can however challenge yourself to collect all 99 of the hearts in each stage, which is acknowledged by a "perfect" upon completion, and adds to your maximum lives limit. This will no doubt add substantially to your play time, as the stages are pretty tough to just get through ignoring the hearts. And when I say tough, I mean 8-bit tough. The controls are intentionally slippery, and sliding into bottomless pits time and time again really takes you back to when games pushed you to master the mechanics, blood pressure be damned. An aptly named title, as a "Pro Jumper" is what will be required of you in order to complete this game.

Edited on by GreenAbobo

GreenAbobo

bboy2970

Thanks a lot for the impressions GreenAbbo! Good to hear its got some high producition values (high levels of polish go a long way with me). Sad to hear it may be a bit short. That was my main concern with this one. Although trying to get a "perfect on each stage sounds like a good way to extend the game. Good to hear its difficult. I would hate to be able to plow right through it. I think I'll get this one soon. I really wish it was 200 points. If that were the case I would buy this right now

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

TwilightV

Sounds like a cross between Bit. Trip RUNNER and Tomena Sanner to me. :3

TwilightV

GreenAbobo

No problem, hope you guys enjoy it too. I've reached the final stage, and they really ratchet up the difficulty at this point. I'm trying to go back to the earlier stages and upgrade my maximum lives by collecting hearts, but still have only managed to "Perfect" Stage 1.

Edit: Apparently those aren't hearts you collect, they're apples.

Edited on by GreenAbobo

GreenAbobo

jcb796

hey guys, im new here. im just wondering if anyone knows how to get the cluster of apples on level 6. its located after the two small jumps that lead to a water elephant into a falling saucer and then theres the cluster.

Edit: i jk, i found it lol.

Edited on by jcb796

jcb796

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.