Forums

Topic: Post your Rytmik compositions here!

Posts 161 to 180 of 196

Freeon-Leon

Me again! I finally got Rytmik Retrobits and I've made my first song (well, kind of), it's still in progress but I'd want some feedback from you, mates.

EDIT: I deleted the video because I want it to be like a surprise when you hear it with all its parts and details. I'll post the complete song soon.

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

Radixxs

I used Retrobits to make a cover of a song, I may share it, but the vocals are kind of shaky. I'm not sure if it is a butcher of the song or not yet.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

Ecto-1

@JahirBGood
Your new song sounds pretty awesome! I love the epic intro. Looking forward to hearing more of your Retrobits creations.

@Radios
Hehe, I've done the same. Granted, I'm nowhere near finished with it (I've only done keys). If I ever finish it and it doesn't sound like nails on a chalkboard, I may upload it.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

Freeon-Leon

@Ecto-1: Thanks I'll finish this one first, I like the feeling of the song/sample and I have some new ideas to make it a full-length song. Maybe I'll post it tomorrow, today I don't have too much free time And there's another one I have, I guess I'll keep spaming this thread

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Radixxs

@JahirBGood: I like how the drums come in at around 1:05. Cool retro feel to the whole thing.

Anyway, I guess I'll post this here, as I have yet to make anything else but a few practice samples with Retrobits. I have guitar in it too, so it's not 100% Rytmik, but all the drums and synth sounds are all from Retrobits.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

MakoHasJagdTth

hi fanboils. glad I can join you all. i got a few Rytmik questions.
on the original Rytmik, there is a button in between the Clip Edit and X buttons.
the instructions don't mention it and it is not on the Rock edition or Retrobits.
what does that button do?

Mako Has Jagged Teeth

Martin_Linda

MakoHasJagdTeth: in original Rytmik when you tap on any clip and this button is on, than the selected clip is played. In later Rytmik versions we decieded that it is always intended to play the selected clip.

Martin_Linda

MakoHasJagdTth

Martin_Linda: thnks again. ur so much de man! I am impressed with all these great apps. truly great!
at pain of being tedious, I'm reticent to ask. but...
where did you compile your sound sets from?
are they recreations or are they the same synths that game composers used during the 80's-90's?
and lastly, what game titles are those samples associated with?

Mako Has Jagged Teeth

Martin_Linda

MakoHasJagdTeth: some of the samples are recreations, some are sampled from authentic machines or instruments.

Edited on by Martin_Linda

Martin_Linda

cinemaxgames

216 songs in Rytmik Collection - http://rytmik-collection.cinemax.cz/
Add your songs!

CINEMAX, a Czech independent game developer
twitter: http://twitter.com/cinemaxgames
youtube: http://youtube.com/cinemaxgames
homepage: http://games.cinemax.cz

Ecto-1

@cinemaxgames and @Martin_Linda
I really enjoy using Rytmik to create music; my hat is off to you guys for coming up with this app and making it easy enough to operate that a novice such as myself can actually come up with some decent tunes. Just out of curiosity, are you guys going to be making any more Rytmik games?

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

Wintendo

Hey everyone So I've been using Rytmik for quite a while now, and I think that it's a pretty decent music making program. It doesn't compare to things like FL Studio and Ableton Live, however for a program on a ds, it's pretty amazing Anyway, cut the chitchat - here's a song I made quite a while ago (I wasn't very good back then, however I'll show you anyways):

I don't really make new songs with rytmik, because I use more advanced programs like FL Studio now :/ But I still love rytmik

3DS Friend Code: 4038-6316-0742 Add me, and tell me via Backloggery. Which reminds me, add me on backloggery! I'm kinda lonely on there :)
My Backloggery - My Tunes -

3DS Friend Code: 4038-6316-0742 | Nintendo Network ID: Mothim

Freeon-Leon

@voog2: What? Rytmik is such a good music editor, you just have to be patient in order to find the right sounds and then polish them all

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Wintendo

@JahirBGood I know, I never said it's bad, it's just not as good as high-end software such as FL Studio and Ableton Live, due to the limitations of the dsi (For example, there's no function for using different Plugins. You can only use what's given to you, the library of sounds can't really expand). However, it also is a program that costs $8, rather than other programs which cost $300 or more xD

Anyways here's another song I made a whole back. Not too happy with this one, however:

Edited on by Wintendo

3DS Friend Code: 4038-6316-0742 Add me, and tell me via Backloggery. Which reminds me, add me on backloggery! I'm kinda lonely on there :)
My Backloggery - My Tunes -

3DS Friend Code: 4038-6316-0742 | Nintendo Network ID: Mothim

Jamouse

So, umm, which Rytmik is the best? I really want a good music creation tool but i'm not sure which one to get :/

Jamouse

Martin_Linda

Jamouse: Each Rytmik has different sample set. Original Rytmik is aimed on general electronic or dance music, Rock Edition has guitar, bass and drumset samples, Hip-hop King is great for hip-hop, trip-hop or r'n'b production and Retrobits is filled exclusively with some great chiptune stuff. Anyway Retrobits has the most features;) You can chceck some youtube videos of user songs, or you can chceck our demosongs here - rytmik.cinemax.cz , it will give you some idea how they differ soundwise.

Martin_Linda

Shadowflash

My personal favorite version is the Rock Edition, mostly because of the piano XD. It probably won't happen, but I kind of wish that there was an orchestral version . With violins, harps, bells, and all that good stuff XD.

"Can you do that? Can you explode twice?!" -Spike

3DS FC: 1676-3897-8278

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3897-8278 | Twitter:

septravarius

I just got Rytmik last night to see if it would put together a good composition for a game I'm developing on Android, and after playing with it for a few minutes, I put together this little jungle / D&B tune, a sorta tip-of-the-hat to the old polyrythmic sounds of the early 90's jungle scene with a little 'grimy' break at the end. Check it out!

http://soundcloud.com/dj-blissett/fins

Edited on by septravarius

septravarius

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.