DSiWare Forum

Topic: Petit Computer QR Code Sharing Thread

Showing 961 to 980 of 1,695

AuthorMessage

anyone

961. Posted:

i am making an slender game and an isle surviving game,soon i will post them.

anyone

AuthorMessage

anyone

962. Posted:

MrSirr wrote:

And if you or anyone else has an idea for a game, let me know, i need ideas.

Make like an "dont starve",its cool

anyone

AuthorMessage

MrSirr

963. Posted:

anyone wrote:

MrSirr wrote:

Make like an "dont starve",its cool

whats that? nvr heard of it.

MrSirr

AuthorMessage

MrSirr

964. Posted:

steriaca wrote:

MrSirr wrote:

Humm...ManHunt seems OK.
Thinking...new games...you can always get ideals from the Killer List Of Video Games ( http://klov.com ). Just make shure you don't copy the games directly. It is always more fun to take a lesser known game and then put your own personal tweeks in it to make it your own.

Thinks I'll try the website. And I just remembered that Manhunt is already the name of a game trilogy lol whoops.

MrSirr

AuthorMessage

randomous

965. Posted:

@MrSirr Good job on the new Manhunt! I do like it better now that I don't have to restart it so much lol. If you want the cars to be more random, what you could do is assign a random speed to them. Every time you reset their position, just set the increment to some random value and use that until the next time you reset their position. Right now, it looks like you're using values like -3 and +1 etc. Instead, you can increment by a variable and update the variable to be a random amount every time you need to put the cars back at the bottom or top.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

AuthorMessage

MrSirr

966. Posted:

@randomouscrap98 Ok sooo...I dont really know about random numbers so could u maybe give an example?
@steriaca I tried the website aaaand......TRON. Thats right, I'm making a tron game. This is what I have so far.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6375/qr0.png

Heres the CHR

http://imageshack.us/a/img844/6375/qr0.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img833/5927/qr1n.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img12/8189/qr2.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img407/451/qr3.png

Now anyone know how I would make the little stream thing with the CHR i made? That part is going to be difficult.

MrSirr

AuthorMessage

randomous

967. Posted:

Untitled

QuikNote has been updated to include settings profiles instead of just global settings. This way, you can quickly switch between frequently-used colors and boldness settings without having to set and reset them each time. As always, your old drawings will still work on the new version, however please note that all color and boldness changes will affect only the first profile, as the old drawings did not have profile information. Also, your compression settings will be a bit random when you first load an old image, but as soon as you set them to what you like and save it again, it'll all be fine. Please note the controls have changed, so look out for those if you're already used to the old settings (not that I expect anyone is actually using this thing lol but just in case).

Untitled

@MrSirr Myself and others have already gone over random numbers with you. Here it is again:

RND(INT) is a function that returns a random value between 0 and INT, not including INT itself. For instance, RND(2) will generate a 0 or a 1 randomly. RND(10) will generate the numbers 0 through 9 randomly. You can then assign this value to a variable. For instance:

X=RND(100)
Y=RND(100)

This will assign a random value from 0 to 99 to X, and another random value from 0 to 99 to Y.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

AuthorMessage

TAINT_Zzyex

968. Posted:

i need help programing my game txtadvnt.
i have:
print "the door is stuck will you find another way”; way$
if way$=="yes¨ then print "you climb up water fall¨
if way$=="no" then print " try to tunnel through door, wall colapses and kills you."goto @ww (tag from earlyer)
print "there is a circular room..."
what did i do wrong! ps stuff in () isnt in program pss this is fro, ,y text adventure it makes it play the print without you needing to answer the problem.

Edited on by TAINT_Zzyex

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter: MetricCat

AuthorMessage

randomous

969. Posted:

Instead of "print" at "the door is stuck...", use input. Print just prints the data, input prints and reads information into the variable you gave, which is way$

randomous

AuthorMessage

MrSirr

970. Posted:

Ok random I remember that now, but im done with manhunt
Im working on tron and I have no idea how I would make the friggin stream. It seems impossible.

MrSirr

AuthorMessage

Sniper101

971. Posted:

How do I put QR codes directly into a post?

Edited on by Sniper101

Sniper101

3DS Friend Code: 2208-4619-7423

AuthorMessage

MrSirr

972. Posted:

Ok so the sprites arent gonna work, when I got a gline going it was above the sprite, soo im making it just the gline but i cant get it to where if the gline touched itself(no pun intended) then gameover. help plz!

MrSirr

AuthorMessage

Shadow1364

973. Posted:

The petit computer tutorials page helps with most of these questions, you know... Btw are you using sprites for the TRON riders? If so it could realy help you with collecting data from a line made of sprites, though you would need some realy small sprites to use any stratagy in the game.

There is a nice snake game on youtube with a QR code at the end... If you disect it a bit it may give some nice pointers on how to fix your TRON game.

Edited on by Shadow1364

FC: 1934-1622-0902

AuthorMessage

MrSirr

974. Posted:

Shadow1364 wrote:

The petit computer tutorials page helps with most of these questions, you know... Btw are you using sprites for the TRON riders? If so it could realy help you with collecting data from a line made of sprites, though you would need some realy small sprites to use any stratagy in the game.

There is a nice snake game on youtube with a QR code at the end... If you disect it a bit it may give some nice pointers on how to fix your TRON game.

No sprites whatsoevr they didnt go well with the gline so JUST glines and ill have to check that out tomorow is it two player? cuz thats what im trying to make which is another problem i have.

MrSirr

AuthorMessage

Shadow1364

975. Posted:

@MrSirr I do not believe that petit computer can be used for any two player games other than turn-based games, and that is only after a bit of awkward sending/recieving system verifying messages... I am still working on that though, as there are many games that could easily be made such as battleship or chess. If you know how to make petit computer provide a constant uplink so as to give it two-player compatibilities, I would love to know how, if you would like to share them.

FC: 1934-1622-0902

AuthorMessage

ramstrong

976. Posted:

Let me know if this link for the directory for my Flipnote app doesn't work. The directory is https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=3768290E373AEE41!397
QDRAW3
For some reasons the files are backward. Sort by name if possible.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

AuthorMessage

MrSirr

977. Posted:

Shadow1364 wrote:

@MrSirr I do not believe that petit computer can be used for any two player games other than turn-based games, and that is only after a bit of awkward sending/recieving system verifying messages... I am still working on that though, as there are many games that could easily be made such as battleship or chess. If you know how to make petit computer provide a constant uplink so as to give it two-player compatibilities, I would love to know how, if you would like to share them.

Plenty have done it already. To move D-pad player 1 ABXY player 2 easy peezy

MrSirr

AuthorMessage

MrSirr

978. Posted:

Oh and if you make a checkers game plz dont make it to where u HAVE to jump the opponents piece I hate it when it does tht, thats the one thing i cant get past in checkers.

MrSirr

AuthorMessage

fordcars

979. Posted:

Hi guys, I am a newbie :3 By the way there might be a way to keep a connection constantly with another DS by constantly sending junk useless stuff to the other DS. I wanted to make a game to try this but I don't have another DS with petit computer :( Anyway right now I am working on an awesome game with custom collision detection and physics! Mhahaha

Sincerely,

fordcars

AuthorMessage

shinydragonmist

980. Posted:

i am having problems scanning qr codes on my laptop. p.s. i am running firefox and i cannot seem to zoom at command can anyone give me tips to scanning

3ds friend code ; 0774-4507-6022
pokemon white 2 friend code: 1078-1500-5443