Forums

Topic: Petit Computer QR Code Sharing Thread

Posts 901 to 920 of 1,621

agentep2jb

I fixed it is so easy.

agentep2jb

TexMurphy

This is a small platform game called ESCSPACE. Its about an alien escaping a research facility.
Untitled
EDIT: Here are the bugs I know of:
1. Bullet does not disapear after shooting robot.
2. The bullet shoots outside of the playing field.
3. On the second ladder the character just falls
4. The stars move outside of the background
It's hard to remove a sprite when it is being tested for throughout the code.

Edited on by TexMurphy

TexMurphy

IAmSpike

TexMurphy wrote:

This is a small platform game called ESCSPACE. Its about an alien escaping a research facility.
Untitled

That's awesome! But it's pretty buggy...

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

Sniper101

agentep2jb wrote:

Hey everybody I have been working on a game called skate
I put a lot of time on this game im gonna give you the qr
Codes in 3 days

You should post the QR codes soon. I'm excited!

Sniper101

3DS Friend Code: 2208-4619-7423

xXColeTheNerdXx

Morphtorok wrote:

I present to you... Petit Blocks!
Untitled
It's just a toy-like program where you place blocks around. Not much to do, just a time waster.

Since the game uses an isometric view, placing blocks around can get confusing

Btw, only 1 save file for you... It takes 8 MEM files to save a single map

Use GRP files instead of MEM files. GRP files have as much memory as 192 MEM files.
Also, Change the button codes for moving from 1,2,4,8 to 9,6,5,10. This will let you control the cursor by pressing the D-Pad diagonally in that direction, it's even better controlled with the circle pad if you're using a 3DS

xXColeTheNerdXx

randomous

Untitled

Get ready... to take notes! With QUIKNOTE! QuikNote acts like a sticky notepad, and allows you to write (yes, with the stylus) notes that contain UP TO 100 PAGES*! WOW! Who needs to go back and edit** when you've got that many pages?! Watch your scribbles come to life and draw themselves again and again with the replay button! It's like MAGIC! Don't like drawing with a bold pen? Switch the pen to fine and all your troubles will melt away! Best of all, you can save your notes to any file you wish, so take all the notes you want! Not mention that QuikNote is ABSOLUTELY 100% FREE! AMAZING! You don't want to miss this deal, so get the QR codes below while you still can!

Untitled

*Not all notes can contain 100 pages. Results will vary depending on usage/compression ratio used.
**Notes are not erasable. You can only write on the last page.
This program is provided as-is. The creator assumes no responsibility for damage of any sort, including property (both tangible and non-tangible), wealth, happiness, or mental and emotional stability.

OK, was that enough over-the-top advertising to grab your attention? Now that I have it, let me actually point out some key... points:

• All the stuff above is true
  • You save notes as a GRP file. No, it's not saved as a picture of the note, the data is compressed into a rather nice rainbow file. As it's being saved, you can watch it draw the compressed file.
  • Note that you CANNOT open regular GRP files with drawings on them. It just won't work
  • Due to the nature of the program, I haven't added the ability to go back and edit notes yet. Nor can you erase anything, so be careful. Adding this would require either a long loading time for each page, or a limit on the amount of drawing that can be on one page (and the max # of pages would be reduced to like 10 or 20). Or something else I haven't though of yet, I'm still getting there haha.
  • Colors are already implemented, I just didn't feel like making the color selection screen yet, sorry!
  • Nothing asks for confirmation because I wanted everything to be quick. So be carefull: if you press start (New Notepad), it WILL erase your current notepad. (If you accidentally go to the loading screen, you can choose a bogus file name and it'll just take you back to your old note.)
  • Compression affects how often it samples your writing. As such, a high compression will make your writing look and feel really ugly, but you'll be able to save about 3.5 times more data. Just try it out to see what you like
  • That little empty bar below the control box shows how much "ink" you've used. Once it fills up, it'll turn red, and you won't be able to draw or make new pages. You can still look through the notes however, and you can still save it once it's full, so don't worry about maxing it out.
  • Errr... I only tested it for about an hour, so let me know if you encounter any major bugs. Minor bugs are welcome too.
  • Have fun!

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Sniper101

randomouscrap98 wrote:

Untitled

Get ready... to take notes! With QUIKNOTE! QuikNote acts like a sticky notepad, and allows you to write (yes, with the stylus) notes that contain UP TO 100 PAGES*! WOW! Who needs to go back and edit** when you've got that many pages?! Watch your scribbles come to life and draw themselves again and again with the replay button! It's like MAGIC! Don't like drawing with a bold pen? Switch the pen to fine and all your troubles will melt away! Best of all, you can save your notes to any file you wish, so take all the notes you want! Not mention that QuikNote is ABSOLUTELY 100% FREE! AMAZING! You don't want to miss this deal, so get the QR codes below while you still can!

Untitled

*Not all notes can contain 100 pages. Results will vary depending on usage/compression ratio used.
**Notes are not erasable. You can only write on the last page.
This program is provided as-is. The creator assumes no responsibility for damage of any sort, including property (both tangible and non-tangible), wealth, happiness, or mental and emotional stability.

OK, was that enough over-the-top advertising to grab your attention? Now that I have it, let me actually point out some key... points:

• All the stuff above is true
  • You save notes as a GRP file. No, it's not saved as a picture of the note, the data is compressed into a rather nice rainbow file. As it's being saved, you can watch it draw the compressed file.
  • Note that you CANNOT open regular GRP files with drawings on them. It just won't work
  • Due to the nature of the program, I haven't added the ability to go back and edit notes yet. Nor can you erase anything, so be careful. Adding this would require either a long loading time for each page, or a limit on the amount of drawing that can be on one page (and the max # of pages would be reduced to like 10 or 20). Or something else I haven't though of yet, I'm still getting there haha.
  • Colors are already implemented, I just didn't feel like making the color selection screen yet, sorry!
  • Nothing asks for confirmation because I wanted everything to be quick. So be carefull: if you press start (New Notepad), it WILL erase your current notepad. (If you accidentally go to the loading screen, you can choose a bogus file name and it'll just take you back to your old note.)
  • Compression affects how often it samples your writing. As such, a high compression will make your writing look and feel really ugly, but you'll be able to save about 3.5 times more data. Just try it out to see what you like
  • That little empty bar below the control box shows how much "ink" you've used. Once it fills up, it'll turn red, and you won't be able to draw or make new pages. You can still look through the notes however, and you can still save it once it's full, so don't worry about maxing it out.
  • Errr... I only tested it for about an hour, so let me know if you encounter any major bugs. Minor bugs are welcome too.
  • Have fun!

Really cool. It's very nice. Very polished.

Sniper101

randomous

@Sniper101 Thanks! I know it's missing basic features (like editing an old note lol), but I won't be able to work on it for a while and those features take a lot of time. I'm glad you think it's polished even though it's missing features!

randomous

Sniper101

@randomouscrap98 You set the bar very high for anyone trying to make an astounding program. Even though it's missing features, what it has is very amazing.
I have an idea to change the color. Instead of PNLTYPE "OFF" just do PNLTYPE "PNL". Then add the icon that looks like a color palette. When they click on it it could take them to a color selector screen. You could also do other things with icons.

Edited on by Sniper101

Sniper101

randomous

@Sniper101 Wow, thank you for all the praise! I really appreciate it. I totally forgot about the PNL, but I also want you to have the entire screen to work with. Maybe I could have a button that brings up the panel...

randomous

randomous

UntitledUntitled

Are you ready for EVEN MORE SCRIBBLING with the NEW AND IMPROVED QuikNote?! But wait, how do you make an already AMAZING product any better, you ask? Why, you add color of course! The days of black and white are gone with the new QuikNote update! Say goodbye to your precious time as you watch your drawings come to life IN SLOW MOTION*! UNBELIEVABLE! Activate the Page Lock to save yourself the grief caused by accidental page creation! No more tears in this update! Fill in empty spaces EVEN FASTER with the new EXTRA BOLD thickness! Not only that, but this incredible bold pen requires NO EXTRA SAVE SPACE**! Yes, that's right, NO EXTRA SAVE SPACE! Best of all, your old drawings are still compatible with the new software! There's absolutely NO REASON to turn down this upgrade, so get it today!

Untitled

*Hold R while replaying to slow down the drawing
**Still requires space. Save space used is the same for all 3 boldness settings

I don't know why I feel like making my posts ridiculous. Oh well, hope you enjoy the new QuikNote!

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Sniper101

@randomouscrap98 I like what you did with Quicknote. What does the compress thing do?

Sniper101

randomous

@Sniper101 Compress was in the first one as well. In order to explain it, you need a little background information on QuikNote. The program works by saving a series of points and then drawing lines between them. These points are determined by the touchscreen location variables TCHX and TCHY. Now, the fastest you can query these is 60 times per second (I think), which would just be VSYNC 1. Thus, if I were to get the TCHX and TCHY as fast as I could, I'd end up with 120 pieces of data (60 X and 60 Y). I'll call this "sampling" the touchscreen. Now, that's kind of a lot of data when you realize I can only store 49000 pieces of data (about 400 seconds of pure drawing time). That's not counting any actions you may have taken or line breaks (which themselves are another 2 pieces). So, in order to cut back on the data, I can choose to sample it less, say 30 times per second. This should theoretically give us a 50% reduction, but really it's only around 30%. This is the "low" compression, and the higher you go, the less times I'll sample the touchscreen. As a result, you'll start to see the lines that connect the points, because the samples didn't provide enough points to accurately draw something like a curve. The highest compression samples only 15 times per second, but it looks REALLY bad when you draw. Try it out and you'll see what I mean. You can see it best on curves, like writing letters and such.

So, to sum up, compression affects only the stuff you draw while it's on. It doesn't apply compression across the whole file.

randomous

randomous

@TexMurphy Your scrolling program is really cool! I just don't like how it beeps constantly when I'm holding the stylus on the scrollbar

@MrSirr I like your game, but it's really hard to want to keep playing when I have to re-run it every time I die (which is frequently), so I have to go back and start it again, wait through the title screen, and the 3..2..1..Go! It's like 20% play time and 80% waiting for it to start again.

Edit: I sound like I'm just complaining about your programs, don't I? I really do think they're great!

Edited on by randomous

randomous

MrSirr

randomouscrap98 wrote:

@TexMurphy Your scrolling program is really cool! I just don't like how it beeps constantly when I'm holding the stylus on the scrollbar

@MrSirr I like your game, but it's really hard to want to keep playing when I have to re-run it every time I die (which is frequently), so I have to go back and start it again, wait through the title screen, and the 3..2..1..Go! It's like 20% play time and 80% waiting for it to start again.

Edit: I sound like I'm just complaining about your programs, don't I? I really do think they're great!

NAH its fine remember I ASKED you to tell me your problems for it? ill fix that right up.

MrSirr

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.