Forums

Topic: Petit Computer QR Code Sharing Thread

Posts 501 to 520 of 1,621

Sypher40

Philip wrote:

I really like your music player. But when I selected 30 for a random song, it put on track 19 yet said 11-Classical Drama on the touchscreen. Could you look into this? It also said SONG NOT FOUND on song 0 (Jolly and Jaunty). Otherwise, it's awesome! I really like the CD sliding mechanic.

I know, that's because the song list is rather extensive so I have to code every title for songs 1-29, each at a different position so they appear in the middle of the bottom screen. I already fixed the "SONG NOT FOUND" for 0, right now I'm working on a better way to change songs as well as better animations for song choosing. I also scraped touch screen song choosing until I can get that to work with the Volume controls, which I also fixed to only change if you touch on the bar rather than anywhere on screen. I need to find out how to 'clear' the touch screen X and Y positions, like a reset.

On the note of functions, I still can't figure out how to use Goto in conjunction with Variables, in the player code the variable O represents the song number, so to display the song name I have this:
IF O==1 THEN GOTO @1
IF O==2 THEN GOTO @2
etc.

That single part takes up about 30 lines of code, yet in the help section of PTC it says you can use variables instead of @blah; I want the code to look something like this instead of those thirty lines:
GOTO @"O"

This would save a butt load of space, yet it doesn't seem to work. I looked at Morphtroid's (Great programs!) and other devs work yet I couldn't find it anywhere! Does no one know how to do this?

3DS FC: 4682-9497-8006
"They don't usually look up until you land on them."
~Sypher using Jump Jets in a Mad Cat Mk II just above a Raven

Sypher40

steriaca wrote:

Ya! I finaly did it. I uploaded my .zip file to Mediafire. You can get to LADYTIGE at http://www.mediafire.com/?ny6gf899izu8e5 .

An easier way to do it is to upload pics here: http://tinypic.com/ or some other image hosting site and then use {img]imageurl[/img} with [ instead of {.

Edited on by Sypher40

IAmSpike

Sypher40 wrote:

On the note of functions, I still can't figure out how to use Goto in conjunction with Variables, in the player code the variable O represents the song number, so to display the song name I have this:
IF O==1 THEN GOTO @1
IF O==2 THEN GOTO @2
etc.

That single part takes up about 30 lines of code, yet in the help section of PTC it says you can use variables instead of @blah; I want the code to look something like this instead of those thirty lines:
GOTO @"O"

This would save a butt load of space, yet it doesn't seem to work. I looked at Morphtroid's (Great programs!) and other devs work yet I couldn't find it anywhere! Does no one know how to do this?

What it means is that in a alphanumeric variable (e.g., VARI$) you can store the name of a label (e.g., @LABEL). You can then use a GOTO command in your code and make it go to the label name stored in said variable: e.g., GOTO DERP$. In your code, it checks for O and goes to the label with O's value (like, if O is 3, then it goes to @3), right? Well, in that case, you can simple replace all that IF O==X THEN GOTO @X nonsense with this single line:

O$="@"+STR$(O):GOTO O$

Allow me to explain:
The first part that sets O$ first puts a @ mark to signal it's a label. Then, it adds O's value, via STR$, after the @. For example, if O had a value of 14, then O$ would be @14, thus making it go to @14 with the GOTO O$ command. The reason I have to use STR$ to add O to O$ is because O and O$ are different types of variables and I can't simply add the two, so I use STR$ to convert O to a string compatible with O$.

tl;dr Replace the 30 lines of IF O==X then GOTO @X with the single line above and you won't have a problem.

EDIT: Just found out the code tag will always add line breaks before and after it. o.o

Edited on by IAmSpike

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

Eel

@lolkelvinlol @koopatroopaX
I did read them before... I don't remember if I answered to you though, I guess I didn't.

I will update the game eventually, but right now I'm quite busy with this vacation trip, playing other games and ending school and stuff. These ideas are pretty good though

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

lolkelvinlol

@morphtroid Morphtroid i need to ask you. Are you sceptile from sploder, if you are, i love you! plz dont kill me if i post this

my friend code:0817-5045-4594

Twitter:

lolkelvinlol

koopatroopaX wrote:

1# i think this is interesting, as it would help players that are just beginning the game, and have no clue how harvest farm works.
2# already been done in the 1.2 update, any faster would be overkill, and the animation would probably look horrible.
3#You do not lose your daily fruits if you leave the forest, just pick it up and walk out side to put it in the instant 80% bin, or the 100% wait a day bin. I think what you mean is put a basket in the forest to cut down on time spent walking, but walking is much faster then before.
4# This is interesting, but it really depends on what minigames get added. Chances are it would take a very long time to get even 5 half decent minigames added, and it probably wouldn't be worth the trouble until morphtroid fixes all of the typical bugs and expands the map.
5#I think that this would be awesome! All you would have to do is slip in the water and then look around for goodies on the ocean floor. Of course there would have to be enemies like sharks that could hurt you, and if you hit them with the spear gun, you will get there meat to sell in the market bins. This would almost definetly take a long time to code, so don't expect this to come into petit farm for a while.
6# Why would you want to do this? The screen is fine the way it is. and it would probably mean that another shop would have to appear with an expanded map so the item to cause this could be fit into the game.
(Quote: "oh yeah and also try making the max money more than $99,999" Quote. End. Quote): You can already go past 99999. Just get the 1.2 update, buy the piggy bank, which unlocks when you get 99999 btw, and then store the money in the bank. You can withdraw it whenever you want, and the holding capacity for the bank is 500000. so the new max is 599999!

lol thx bro

Twitter:

Sypher40

Philip wrote:

Sypher40 wrote:

IF O==1 THEN GOTO @1
IF O==2 THEN GOTO @2
etc.

GOTO @"O"

What it means is that in a alphanumeric variable (e.g., VARI$) you can store the name of a label (e.g., @LABEL). You can then use a GOTO command in your code and make it go to the label name stored in said variable: e.g., GOTO DERP$. In your code, it checks for O and goes to the label with O's value (like, if O is 3, then it goes to @3), right? Well, in that case, you can simple replace all that IF O==X THEN GOTO @X nonsense with this single line:

O$="@"+STR$(O):GOTO O$

Allow me to explain:
The first part that sets O$ first puts a @ mark to signal it's a label. Then, it adds O's value, via STR$, after the @. For example, if O had a value of 14, then O$ would be @14, thus making it go to @14 with the GOTO O$ command. The reason I have to use STR$ to add O to O$ is because O and O$ are different types of variables and I can't simply add the two, so I use STR$ to convert O to a string compatible with O$.

tl;dr Replace the 30 lines of IF O==X then GOTO @X with the single line above and you won't have a problem.

EDIT: Just found out the code tag will always add line breaks before and after it. o.o

Ah, thanks! Also, thanks for explaning it! I'm glad you like the Music player, I'm working on the part that changes the song and the start up song selection. On another note, I'm scratching HunterOS so I can start from the beginning. During my long (I mean LONG) break from PTC I completly forgot how I coded most of it, so I'm starting all over.

steriaca

Sypher40 wrote:

steriaca wrote:

Ya! I finaly did it. I uploaded my .zip file to Mediafire. You can get to LADYTIGE at http://www.mediafire.com/?ny6gf899izu8e5 .

An easier way to do it is to upload pics here: http://tinypic.com/ or some other image hosting site and then use {img]imageurl[/img} with [ instead of {.

Tried to upload it, but it was the wrong format, and I can't change it from a .zip to anything else.

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

lolkelvinlol

Morphtroid wrote:

I don't even know what sploder is lol

well its a simple game making thing. its super simple, and i thought petit computer would be like that, but it turns out im useless in petit computer. I only know how to "beep" and "input" lol
yes can anyone help me do sth other than beeping?

Edited on by lolkelvinlol

Twitter:

ZombieChiggers

i FINALY give you... ...the one... ...and only... ...DIRECTORY OS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you may want to download the apps that are in the os so it works properly
the usercode is 5678

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/petitcomputer/images/8/8b/Q...

Edited on by ZombieChiggers

Cameron Stover VVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALSO VVVVVVVV and i like trains (BOOM!) also minecraft and trollface!
INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

3DS Friend Code: 4854-7026-5042

ZombieChiggers

how is my os. do you all like it? i hope someone likes it...

Edited on by ZombieChiggers

Cameron Stover VVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALSO VVVVVVVV and i like trains (BOOM!) also minecraft and trollface!
INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

ZombieChiggers

...hmmm...

INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

ZombieChiggers

did you all like the video that i posted the link to? i hope someone likes it...

INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

IAmSpike

Same with @Morphtroid.

Oh, and you're welcome @Sypher40!

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

ZombieChiggers

discribe the error morphtroid

INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.