Forums

Topic: Petit Computer QR Code Sharing Thread

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,621

Ganon35

Seriously, does anyone know where to find the qr codes for Galaly OS 2.0?

Edited on by Ganon35

Ganon35

Sypher40

Zack56144 wrote:

Sypher40 wrote:

Quick update on TouchOS. I've been working on the Clock, it now prints out the month (first three letter) and the hour in cool big letters. I have an idea that may keep the code small, but if it doesn't work the clock is going to require 413 lines JUST for the minutes.

Woah thats a lot for a clock! I'm taking a break from My OS im experimenting with MML =P

Ya, it didn't work. The clock uses TMREAD and then print out the number for the hour and minute. The hour works just fine, but when I tried to add the mintues the LOCATE command screwed the entire thing up. So now I'm looking for a new solution, have a few ideas but nothing solid yet.

3DS FC: 4682-9497-8006
"They don't usually look up until you land on them."
~Sypher using Jump Jets in a Mad Cat Mk II just above a Raven

randomous

@TexMurphy I'm sorry I didn't respond for a while. For your first attempt, this is really good! The only problem is that there are quite a few wrong notes and rhythm, but that's OK. Also, just as @Zack56144 mentioned, you bass is very low. It's so low, I can't tell the notes apart. But anyway, I'm just being picky I guess. Great job!

Also, I posted a new MML tutorial on the tutorial thread. You should be pretty comfortable with part 1 before you try part 2.

randomous

TexMurphy

@randomous
I know nothing about music until I started working on this. I am trying to translate sheet music to PTC MML. Is there a better way to have two notes play at the same time without having to split them up. Since I fixed the base clef it sounds better near the beginning, but the rest got worse. I will post the new music later when I work on it little by little. Thanks for your review!

TexMurphy

randomous

@TexMurphy Unfortunately, you just have to do it like that to get two notes to play at the same time.

randomous

Zack56144

@randomous Awesome im going to read part 2 now =P

Im Not Purple! >:|

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5989-4801

bloodofgore

I can comfirm that 3D Minecraft is possible to an extent. Textures could not be used because it would have to be wireframe, so it would just be placing down simple wireframed blocks, but it's possible. The only thing is, I don't know how to make multiple objects without having to write variables for each, does anyone know how to do this? With a little time, I can possibly make a sort of version of Petitblocks only it would be more 3Dish. Google Virtual Boy games, that is what it would look like.

bloodofgore

InsertPi

bloodofgore wrote:

I can comfirm that 3D Minecraft is possible to an extent. Textures could not be used because it would have to be wireframe, so it would just be placing down simple wireframed blocks, but it's possible. The only thing is, I don't know how to make multiple objects without having to write variables for each, does anyone know how to do this? With a little time, I can possibly make a sort of version of Petitblocks only it would be more 3Dish. Google Virtual Boy games, that is what it would look like.

Here come chunks! Blocks are shown like this:
Chunk X Coord, Chunk Y Coord, Block X Coord, Block Y Coord, Block Z Coord
The chunks prevent skyrocketing block coordinates. It also helps faster loading.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

bloodofgore

I'm more aiming for a starting platform of 10x10 blocks and people just extend from that without having to mine. Adding actual items and stuff would take too long and be way to laggy. The only problem now is to be able to place blocks, but so I Don't have to type, "ABX=1 ABY=2 BBX=3434 BBY=232 CBX=23232" and so on. I don't want to do that. Of course, I could use GLINE and not use ACLS, but I want people to be able to view their builds in real 3D, not fake 3D.

Edited on by bloodofgore

bloodofgore

InsertPi

bloodofgore wrote:

I'm more aiming for a starting platform of 10x10 blocks and people just extend from that without having to mine. Adding actual items and stuff would take too long and be way to laggy. The only problem now is to be able to place blocks, but so I Don't have to type, "ABX=1 ABY=2 BBX=3434 BBY=232 CBX=23232" and so on. I don't want to do that. Of course, I could use GLINE and not use ACLS, but I want people to be able to view their builds in real 3D, not fake 3D.

Real 3D is programically impossible in Petit Computer, due to its lack of a DRAW3D command. To do any kind of 3d game, you will have to draw it manually (use fake 3d)

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

bloodofgore

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

bloodofgore wrote:

Real 3D is programically impossible in Petit Computer, due to its lack of a DRAW3D command. To do any kind of 3d game, you will have to draw it manually (use fake 3d)

I used the term real 3D loosely. I mean to make it as if you can move the camera and all the blocks will move with it.

bloodofgore

bloodofgore

Hmmm, this does however spark an idea though.

I'm going to start on a project called robot. It's a wireframe program where you can tell the robot to move it's arm up and down, side to side, bob it's head, etc. It's actually pretty simple. I've already made a wireframe type program where you point out three points and it will make what I will use as an arm.

bloodofgore

InsertPi

bloodofgore wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

bloodofgore wrote:

I used the term real 3D loosely. I mean to make it as if you can move the camera and all the blocks will move with it.

Oops. My bad. Using real 3d in Petit is theoretically possible, but it'd be extremely complicated. If you can do it, I'm sure we will ALL be amazed. I would help, but I don't even know how to make a 2d line. :/ Oh well. Anyway, I would love to see this happen. (Just to say I helped, here's a good place to start:
@S
ACLS
CLEAR
)

randomous

Just in case anyone wanted to know, I finally updated Village again. This time it doesn't include anything new in terms of items or things to do, but it does give you some extra functionality which will eventually become more useful. Now you have a catalog to buy items you've already obtained (at an increased price), and a journal which documents the bugs, fish, and eventually ores that you've collected. You can find Village on the Petit Computer Wiki: Village Page, but be aware that it will take some time to scan all those QR codes (if you didn't already know).

Edited on by randomous

randomous

InsertPi

randomous wrote:

Just in case anyone wanted to know, I finally updated Village again. This time it doesn't include anything new in terms of items or things to do, but it does give you some extra functionality which will eventually become more useful. Now you have a catalog to buy items you've already obtained (at an increased price), and a journal which documents the bugs, fish, and eventually ores that you've collected. You can find Village on the Petit Computer Wiki: Village Page, but be aware that it will take some time to scan all those QR codes (if you didn't already know).

Omigosh... I scanned all of the codes, and I LOVE the game! I can't believe you were able to make that in less than OVER 9000 lines! Will play more tomorrow...

Zack56144

@randomous Yay! another village update i love this game! lol

Im Not Purple! >:|

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5989-4801

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.