Forums

Topic: Petit Computer QR Code Sharing Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 1,621

JadedSapphire

Linput14 wrote:

how do you make it so someone inputs there name into the program, and then the program can say the name? also, i am working on a conversation program, kinda like siri. when its done, can it be in the OS?

I know, your Sally! I have done the last version of it, pretty solid!
And yes, it can go into Galaxy, but thing is, it won't be in a gamepack. You see, I have been thinking about asking you to put it in Galaxy before you asked, and I have also been thinking, "Screw Sally being in Game Pack, lets give her her own selection in tools and the main menu".

So, yes, she can be in Galaxy, if you allow. And she will be a 'Person' to talk to you like what you aim for, but she will also be a helper with Galaxy. So, I have been adding a few more questions and responses related to Galaxy.
If you object to making any changes to Sally, I will stop.

Edited on by JadedSapphire

3DS FC:2191-8088-7187
Yours?

JadedSapphire

Morphtroid wrote:

I present to you... Petit Blocks!
Untitled
It's just a toy-like program where you place blocks around. Not much to do, just a time waster.

Since the game uses an isometric view, placing blocks around can get confusing

Btw, only 1 save file for you... It takes 8 MEM files to save a single map

Wow, amazing once again Morphtroid, I don't know how you pull off these amazing games in such short time! And yet again, I request that Petit Blocks be in the next game pack for Galaxy OS!

Yours?

JadedSapphire

Ok.... Here it is.... THE BIG SHOCKER..... In Galaxy OS V1.0 there will be.... Drumroll please

*Custom Sounds (OH YES)
*Game Pack 1
*Siri-Based Helper (All credit to Linkput14, and TBD, he has not accepted or declined yet)
*Improved Menu Graphics
And a few more SECRET additions that I want you to find out.

Oh, and this might take a while. Or not. Only time knows. I don't even think time knows the date is so unpredictable.

Yours?

JadedSapphire

Thanks! ;D As soon as V1.0 comes out (Hopefully SOON) you will see it in Galaxy!

Yours?

GrabSomeEyes

@Morphtoid just was able to try out your new program. It is... amazing. I can already tell I'm going to have tons of fun with this. I started off by making a hellish underworld like place... :I It looks nice.
The 3D style messes with me a bit but it makes it even more awesome. How long have you been programming? It seems like you have a lot of experience with this all. It just boggles my mind to think that you made Petit Farm and then had this released so soon after, especially since it's far past the scope of most programmers on here.
@boxtropica I'm also curious whether we'd be able to at one point possibly create our own game packs or tools for Galaxy OS. It's a far fetched idea, but I think if it'd work it'd send quite a lot more support into the OS. I honestly have no clue how you do it honestly, I'm just daydreaming. Users being able to build upon the OS would be very cool though if possible (even in a simple format).
Well. Most importantly, try to have fun with whatever you guys plan on doing now.
Edit: I was apparently typing this for far too long. You guys are making me happy.

Edited on by GrabSomeEyes

Eos OS: http://conlogxl.forumotion.com/t12-eos-os-v10
3DS FC: 3695-0514-5044

JadedSapphire

GrabSomeEyes wrote:

@Morphtoid just was able to try out your new program. It is... amazing. I can already tell I'm going to have tons of fun with this. I started off by making a hellish underworld like place... :I It looks nice.
The 3D style messes with me a bit but it makes it even more awesome. How long have you been programming? It seems like you have a lot of experience with this all. It just boggles my mind to think that you made Petit Farm and then had this released so soon after, especially since it's far past the scope of most programmers on here.
@boxtropica I'm also curious whether we'd be able to at one point possibly create our own game packs or tools for Galaxy OS. It's a far fetched idea, but I think if it'd work it'd send quite a lot more support into the OS. I honestly have no clue how you do it honestly, I'm just daydreaming. Users being able to build upon the OS would be very cool though if possible (even in a simple format).
Well. Most importantly, try to have fun with whatever you guys plan on doing now.
Edit: I was apparently typing this for far too long. You guys are making me happy.

Creating your own gamepacks... That is possible! I might rel- Scratch that. I WILL release it in a later version. (3.0, 4.0 possibly?).
Great Idea ^.^
Oh, and thanks!

Yours?

GrabSomeEyes

Awesome! And thank you for providing such an awesome OS. Glad to see your continuing support for it.

JadedSapphire

Your welcome!
Oh and, I'm about 55% done with the new graphics menu! Which means 1.0 will be finished soooon!

Yours?

Tekulo

GrabSomeEyes wrote:

@Tekulo you might want to check this out, http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/663843-petit-computer/63524945, it should tell you everything you need to know and I everything I can't understand.

Hey, thanks for the link! I actually did find out some interesting bits of information, though it doesn't look like it was of much help for my drumming issue, unfortunately (and displaying a background without using the LOAD command which makes noise is seeming more and more impossible. I just wish there was a way to remove that beep).

I also checked out Petit Blocks. It's pretty cool. ^^

Tekulo

Eel

@GrabSomeEyes: Thanks, recreational programming has been my favorite hobby for at least 8 years I think. I just love creating little virtual things.
I also love logic. I have never done anything too serious though.
I'm glad you liked it and, yeah, the "3D" can really get in the way at times... Though I bet it would look pretty sweet with stereoscopic 3D.

@Tek: Thanks

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

koopatroopaX

also, will you consider adding more functuality into the menu so you can buy more than one type of seed a day? that would really help for bulk storage.

koopatroopaX

anyone

why no?

PETICRAFT
minecraft version dsi

www.peticraft.wordpress.com

anyone

Linput

Thx I think Galaxy looks great! I really wanted sally in there, so this is good

Linput-3DS friend code: 4725-8494-2702
Pokemon White 2 pal-pad code: 1979 9213 55

I'm currently looking for some peeps to make SALLY a website, facebook, and email. If anyone does this u will be mentioned as a producer in the SALLY OS credits! :)

Linput

Sally will be finished soon

I'm currently looking for some peeps to make SALLY a website, facebook, and email. If anyone does this u will be mentioned as a producer in the SALLY OS credits! :)

Linput

Morphtroid how do I use variables to have the user input his her name, and then have the program refer to the name in text?

Edited on by Linput

GrabSomeEyes

anyone wrote:

why no?

PETICRAFT
minecraft version dsi

www.peticraft.wordpress.com

peticraft.wordpress.com doesn’t exist... So...
PetitCraft would be a VERY large project, therefore any attempts to make one would take a while to develop. Plus not everyone is working on this, believe it or not it's not everyone's top priority. Also, I'm not even sure exactly what you mean...
Anyway, @Linput14 can't wait for Sally! And @Morphtroid I've got about half a month of recreational experience in BASIC (primarily SmileBASIC, but I've tried JustBASIC and a few others as well), and I once attempted Visual Basic a few months ago. I learned nothing from it. So, I've got a long ways to go.

JadedSapphire

@Linkinput

Oh, you didn't ask me but I'm an eavesdropper so,
there are multiple ways to have a program refer to a name.

Way 1: When using for first time, have user type in name, then set it as a string, and save it to memory (name.mem or something) and have the program refer to name.mem in certain situations. (I'm using this way in Galaxy 1.0, it worked well, but I decided to take it out for now)

Way 2: When using have the user type a name, and set the typed name as a value, and have the program refer to the value (downside is every time the user starts up the program he/she will have to re-type in name)

Yours?

Linput

thx morphtroid

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.