IAmAPerson620 wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Patriplexity wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Finished the prologue of lost II. Still not releasing the files, but

I'll tell you some stuff I'm planning!
Already implemented 2 save files
Experience (XP)
Become stronger by collectine XP and leveling up!
Hunger system
Game not so scripted
Depending on what you do, you could encounter more/stronger monsters that otherwise could be avoided
At least 2 hours of nonstop gameplay

I have a suggestion for Lost II. I am sorry if I sound kind of nitpicky for saying this; I am OCD; but could you please fix the text rollover issue? It's when a word appears on the end of one line of text and begins on another. If you don't have the time or don't want to, I understand. I could modify the file to suit me and even post it if you give me permission to. Don't feel pressured into doing it, it's fine if you don't.

I was considering that, but with my OCD, it'd make me want to center everything while I'm at it. I think I'll do that. Thanks!

Just came to a stump. Due to a way the new text is being printed, I don't know how to fix the text rollover issue... I'll explain:

At the beginning, you enter your name. The coding states this:

INPUT NAME$
MEM$=NAME$
IF F==1 THEN SAVE"MEM:N1"
'Saves the name as file 1 if file 1 is selected
IF F==2 THEN SAVE"MEM:N2"
'Saves the name as file 2 if file 2 is selected

Then later recalled as

IF F==1 THEN LOAD"MEM:N1" ELSE LOAD"MEM:N2"
N$=MEM$

Then finally:

PRINT N$ ":Text here."

This means that the text will rollover at different points depending on the length of the name. I can fix it when other characters are talking, but not when you are talking. If you know of a code that has an "autorollover" feature, please tell me. Thanks! (I provided the entire code so you an see exactly what's going on.

I played your RPG and thought it was fun, and would love a chance to help out. Have you thought of using buttons on the bottom screen instead of the default keyboard? As for your text problem, I'll look into it.

I would look into using buttons on the bottom screen, but I don't yet know how to do anything with the bottom screen. I know this isn't the place to ask, but how would you put buttons on the bottom screen for easy clicking?

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

InsertPi

This will be a HUGE text rpg, guys. Just finished chapter 1 and already 600+ lines of coding!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

Hairmanban19

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Finished the prologue of lost II. Still not releasing the files, but I'll tell you some stuff I'm planning!
Experience (XP)
Hunger system
Game not so scripted
Depending on what you do, you could encounter more/stronger monsters that otherwise could be avoided

I am really looking foward to playing it!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Hairmanban19

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

This will be a HUGE text rpg, guys. Just finished chapter 1 and already 600+ lines of coding!

Yeah,its much bigger than most text games.

Hairmanban19

@IAmAPerson620 I think that you should have it so when you are fighting a monster in lost II,each type of monster would have a name and below its name would show its HP and its level.

InsertPi

Patriplexity wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Patriplexity wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Finished the prologue of lost II. Still not releasing the files, but I'll tell you some stuff I'm planning!
Experience (XP)
Hunger system
Game not so scripted

I have a suggestion for Lost II. I am sorry if I sound kind of nitpicky for saying this; I am OCD; but could you please fix the text rollover issue? It's when a word appears on the end of one line of text and begins on another. If you don't have the time or don't want to, I understand. I could modify the file to suit me and even post it if you give me permission to. Don't feel pressured into doing it, it's fine if you don't.

I was considering that, but with my OCD, it'd make me want to center everything while I'm at it. I think I'll do that. Thanks!

Just came to a stump. Due to a way the new text is being printed, I don't know how to fix the text rollover issue... I'll explain:

INPUT NAME$
MEM$=NAME$

Then later recalled as

N$=MEM$

Then finally:

This means that the text will rollover at different points depending on the length of the name. I can fix it when other characters are talking, but not when you are talking. If you know of a code that has an "autorollover" feature, please tell me. Thanks! (I provided the entire code so you an see exactly what's going on.

Stop the line before the name is printed, print the name on a line by itself, and continue text on the next line. i.e;

LOCATE 0,0:1234PRINT "We gotta get out of this place, "
LOCATE 0,1:1234PRINT N$
LOCATE 0,2:1234PRINT "!!"

Without the '1234' between ':' and 'P'. If you type ':' and 'P' together on Nintendolife, it makes the emoticon.
Hope this helps!
Also, thanks for using bold. By quoting your post, I know how to use it now! Should come in handy!

I thought about that, but it'd look very weird. :/

InsertPi

3ds friend code: 2148 - 9259 - 0831
oh and btw is it possible to privately message someone? i want to get a few ppl to test some things to find any bugs and give my any constructive criticism i need

Edited on by InsertPi

InsertPi

Patriplexity wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Sypher40 wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Patriplexity wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Finished the prologue of lost II. Still not releasing the files, but

I'll tell you some stuff I'm planning!
Experience (XP)
Hunger system
Game not so scripted

INPUT NAME$
MEM$=NAME$

Then later recalled as

N$=MEM$

Then finally:

I played your RPG and thought it was fun, and would love a chance to help out. Have you thought of using buttons on the bottom screen instead of the default keyboard? As for your text problem, I'll look into it.

I would look into using buttons on the bottom screen, but I don't yet know how to do anything with the bottom screen. I know this isn't the place to ask, but how would you put buttons on the bottom screen for easy clicking?

Type:
PNLTYPE "OFF"
PNLSTR 7,5,"Touch to"
PNLSTR 7,6,"Advance"
to the beginning of the program. It will automatically turn on the keyboard when you need to enter text. As for buttons, use PNLSTR[space]coordinate,coordinate,"words" with "words" being the action(s). ([{I love brackets, by the way.}])
And to signal the touch response, it has something to do with TCHX, TCHY, and coordinates. I honestly don't know the specifics.

Will the "touch to continue" during dialogue still work?
EDIT: nevermind thanks!

Edited on by InsertPi

Arn0ld

Yeah

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

InsertPi

@hairmanban19 I added you as a friend on 3ds

Zack56144

@IAmAPerson620 Add me as well ^_^ i love your RPG Text game =P

Im Not Purple! >:|

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5989-4801

Zack56144

Hello Everyone I am Proud to announce my latest version of Nova Operating System Version 0.6
Here is the Official Change log
-Added 2 New Databases
-Added a new Minecraft Recipe
-Started Pokedex Gen II
-Organized Air Launch
-PASSWORD IS 1234

• Major Menu Improvement

=====================

Finally here are the QR Codes
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

=====================

FONT

=====================

Untitled

=====================

Enjoy! Its now up to 1800+ lines of code =P

Edited on by Zack56144

InsertPi

The beta will actually be only the prologue thru chapter 2. The complexity of chapter 2 will be absolutely insane. Even by omitting chapter 3 in the beta, I still might have to extend the release date. Sorry guys. :/

InsertPi

Zack56144 wrote:

Hello Everyone I am Proud to announce my latest version of Nova Operating System Version 0.6
-Added 2 New Databases
-Started Pokedex Gen II
-Organized Air Launch

• Major Menu Improvement

=====================

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

=====================

FONT

=====================

Untitled

=====================

I am extremely impressed!

InsertPi

Just so we all know, I'll show off the 3 formatting codes I know:
[ img ] and [ /img ] (no spaces) are used to put pictures in your post
[ strong ] and [ /strong ] are used for bold.
[ em ] and [ /em ] are used for italics
Quote this to see exactly how they are used
JUST TESTING: Can I use both bold and italics at once?

Edited on by InsertPi

Zack56144

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Zack56144 wrote:

-Added 2 New Databases
-Started Pokedex Gen II
-Organized Air Launch

• Major Menu Improvement

=====================

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

=====================

FONT

=====================

Untitled

=====================

Thanks! i worked hard on it. i'm glad you like it!

Arn0ld

Zack56144 wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Zack56144 wrote:

-Added 2 New Databases
-Started Pokedex Gen II
-Organized Air Launch

• Major Menu Improvement

=====================

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

=====================

FONT

=====================

Untitled

=====================

This is amazing! Not to mention looking at your code is helping me with my game. The virus thing freaked me out until I found the password

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

InsertPi

Does anyone know of an easier way to program the eating system? The only thing I can think of is this. When you catch a fish, this is programmed:

FISH=FISH+1

Then when you eat, this is coded:

IF FISH<=1 THEN HUP=HUP+15 ELSE GOTO @NOFOOD
'HUP is the hunger points variable
GOTO @2SHORE
'@2SHORE is the section responsible for everything occurring on the shore
@NOFOOD
PRINT "YOU HAVE NO FOOD TO EAT!"
GOSUB @TCH
'@TCH is the subroutine responsible for the "touch to continue"
GOTO @2SHORE

Is there any way to further compact/simplify this?

Zack56144

Xtremetdifan wrote:

Zack56144 wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Zack56144 wrote:

-Added 2 New Databases
-Started Pokedex Gen II
-Organized Air Launch

• Major Menu Improvement

=====================

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

=====================

FONT

=====================

Untitled

=====================

This is amazing! Not to mention looking at your code is helping me with my game. The virus thing freaked me out until I found the password

@Xtremetdifan Awesome! glad i could help! Add me my FC is in my sig =P i think im going to edit the post and put the password in xD

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.