Forums

Topic: Petit Computer QR Code Sharing Thread

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 1,621

InsertPi

Person Text RPG v1_1 is out now!
Untitled
This picture reads from left to right, top to bottom
Due to some major changes in the system, I recommend you start over with a new file and go through the tutorial. This update includes:
The bone usage bug fix
Chapter 6
Ability to put 1, 2, or 3 when the game asks what you want to do
Dialogue is no longer timed. Touch the touch screen to go through dialogue
This will overwrite PRG:PSNRPG. If you did not get v1_0, once you get this, the PRG:PR4 is trash. Delete it.
Thanks!

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

InsertPi

Person RPG v1_2
FINAL VERSION!!!
Untitled
Sorry for spamming QR codes recently. I like coding.
For this update to work properly, you must create a new game.
(HINT: In chapter 7, while on the computer, try playing the ball game program. )
EDIT: There's a bug in v1_2 where if you don't save after chapter 7, it says you've won the game. To fix, go to line 1055 and change "IF SOP$=="NO" THEN GOTO @CSEL" to "IF SOP$=="NO" THEN GOTO @8"

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

Hairmanban19

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Person Text RPG v1_1 is out now!
Untitled
This picture reads from left to right, top to bottom
Due to some major changes in the system, I recommend you start over with a new file and go through the tutorial. This update includes:
The bone usage bug fix
Chapter 6
Ability to put 1, 2, or 3 when the game asks what you want to do
Dialogue is no longer timed. Touch the touch screen to go through dialogue
This will overwrite PRG:PSNRPG. If you did not get v1_0, once you get this, the PRG:PR4 is trash. Delete it.
Thanks!

The new system is great!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

InsertPi

Patriplexity wrote:

@IAmAPerson620 I just now scanned your RPG, sorry. It's really good!

Thanks! Which version? xD so many... Already working on Lost II. It's gonna be a long time before the beta is even out. When I put up the codes for Lost II Beta, I'll also put up the qrs for a "Magic Launcher" I made for my games. Basically, you open it, and you can easily choose what you wanna play (ball game, lost, lost II, etc.) althought probably no one will get it. xD

Edited on by InsertPi

InsertPi

Patriplexity wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Patriplexity wrote:

@IAmAPerson620 I just now scanned your RPG, sorry. It's really good!

Thanks! Which version? xD so many... Already working on Lost II. It's gonna be a long time before the beta is even out. When I put up the codes for Lost II Beta, I'll also put up the qrs for a "Magic Launcher" I made for my games. Basically, you open it, and you can easily choose what you wanna play (ball game, lost, lost II, etc.) althought probably no one will get it. xD

Also add PNLTYPE "OFF" after the first line and PNLTYPE "ON" when you are required to enter something with the keyboard.
The latest version. Also, I know you are finished with it, but if you ever make another version, I have a top for you.
Replace LOAD "BGF:DEFAULT" with SYSBEEP=0:LOAD "BGF:DEFAULT",FALSE.
It eliminates the loading noise and confirmation screen, it's really useful. Oh, and add SYSBEEP=0: to the beginning of every load/save command and ,FALSE to the end of every load/save command. If you plan on never doing another update, it's fine, but if you do I highly recommend doing this.

I learned about the sysbeep at about chapter 7, but was too lazy to apply it, but I can't express my thanks on how to eliminate the confirmation screen. I think I'll come out with another version adding all that plus a bug fix and a couple typos

randomous

@Patriplexity I hate to complain about things like this, but in your song-player version of GRAVSONG as well as the song-player itself, it looks like you're crediting @Bluerobin2 for the songs and not me. I know this sounds terrible, and I'm really sorry to both of you, but I made the songs. Thanks!

Edited on by randomous

randomous

InsertPi

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU just got set 3 days behind cause I accidentally deleted 3 days worth of work. WHY ARE LOAD AND SAVE SO CLOSE TOGETHER ON THE HOTBAR!!!!!

InsertPi

Here's Person Text RPG v1_3 (Typo fixes and no loading messages) Labeled PRG:PR1 (NOTE: AFTER THIS, YOU CAN DELETE PRG:PERSNRPG)
Untitled
Here's the IAmAPerson620's Magic Launcher (Easy opening for my files. Open this whenever playing one of my games) Labeled PRG:PLAUNCHR (You must have all new versions of my games, as this is updated with all new files.)
Untitled
And here's something I put together. I'll let you see what it does... (NOTE: If you have this and Person Text RPG then it will ask to overwrite "PR7F". Ignore it. It doesn't matter if you overwrite it or not, cause it's the same file) Labeled PRG:VINSTALLR. This cannot be opened thru the magic launcher yet. Working on that.
Untitled
I have too much spare time...

Edited on by InsertPi

InsertPi

You will see on the launcher under text RPGs: Lost II (BETA). I am not providing that file yet. I don't want to spoil any surprises by putting out a ton of demos!

Zack56144

Would it be possible for someone to make the Kingdom Hearts Theme?

Im Not Purple! >:|

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5989-4801

Hairmanban19

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Here's Person Text RPG v1_3 (Typo fixes and no loading messages) Labeled PRG:PR1 (NOTE: AFTER THIS, YOU CAN DELETE PRG:PERSNRPG)
Untitled
Here's the IAmAPerson620's Magic Launcher (Easy opening for my files. Open this whenever playing one of my games) Labeled PRG:PLAUNCHR (You must have all new versions of my games, as this is updated with all new files.)
Untitled
And here's something I put together. I'll let you see what it does... (NOTE: If you have this and Person Text RPG then it will ask to overwrite "PR7F". Ignore it. It doesn't matter if you overwrite it or not, cause it's the same file) Labeled PRG:VINSTALLR. This cannot be opened thru the magic launcher yet. Working on that.
Untitled

Thanks for putting me and Patriplexity in the credits!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

InsertPi

hairmanban19 wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Thanks for putting me and Patriplexity in the credits!

NP people help me I recognize it

TAINT_Zzyex

person rpg is great but at the begining the text goes super fast without me doing any thing.

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

InsertPi

Zzyex wrote:

person rpg is great but at the begining the text goes super fast without me doing any thing.

Thanks! At the beginning the text is supposed to do that. Trying to put a little humour in it

InsertPi

Finished the prologue of lost II. Still not releasing the files, but I'll tell you some stuff I'm planning!
Already implemented 2 save files
Experience (XP)
Become stronger by collectine XP and leveling up!
Hunger system
Game not so scripted
Depending on what you do, you could encounter more/stronger monsters that otherwise could be avoided
At least 2 hours of nonstop gameplay

InsertPi

Patriplexity wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Finished the prologue of lost II. Still not releasing the files, but I'll tell you some stuff I'm planning!
Experience (XP)
Hunger system
Game not so scripted
Depending on what you do, you could encounter more/stronger monsters that otherwise could be avoided

I have a suggestion for Lost II. I am sorry if I sound kind of nitpicky for saying this; I am OCD; but could you please fix the text rollover issue? It's when a word appears on the end of one line of text and begins on another. If you don't have the time or don't want to, I understand. I could modify the file to suit me and even post it if you give me permission to. Don't feel pressured into doing it, it's fine if you don't.

I was considering that, but with my OCD, it'd make me want to center everything while I'm at it. I think I'll do that. Thanks!

Edited on by InsertPi

InsertPi

Anyway, I'm planning for the beta (prologue-chapter 3) to be released on July 13. Due to all the new features, there will be a lot of MEM files. Prepare for a lot of save prompts! Everything's coming along as planned.

InsertPi

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Patriplexity wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Experience (XP)
Hunger system
Game not so scripted

I have a suggestion for Lost II. I am sorry if I sound kind of nitpicky for saying this; I am OCD; but could you please fix the text rollover issue? It's when a word appears on the end of one line of text and begins on another. If you don't have the time or don't want to, I understand. I could modify the file to suit me and even post it if you give me permission to. Don't feel pressured into doing it, it's fine if you don't.

I was considering that, but with my OCD, it'd make me want to center everything while I'm at it. I think I'll do that. Thanks!

Just came to a stump. Due to a way the new text is being printed, I don't know how to fix the text rollover issue... I'll explain:

At the beginning, you enter your name. The coding states this:

INPUT NAME$
MEM$=NAME$
IF F==1 THEN SAVE"MEM:N1"
'Saves the name as file 1 if file 1 is selected
IF F==2 THEN SAVE"MEM:N2"
'Saves the name as file 2 if file 2 is selected

Then later recalled as

IF F==1 THEN LOAD"MEM:N1" ELSE LOAD"MEM:N2"
N$=MEM$

Then finally:

PRINT N$ ":Text here."

This means that the text will rollover at different points depending on the length of the name. I can fix it when other characters are talking, but not when you are talking. If you know of a code that has an "autorollover" feature, please tell me. Thanks! (I provided the entire code so you an see exactly what's going on.

Edited on by InsertPi

Sypher40

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Patriplexity wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

Finished the prologue of lost II. Still not releasing the files, but

I'll tell you some stuff I'm planning!
Experience (XP)
Hunger system
Game not so scripted

Just came to a stump. Due to a way the new text is being printed, I don't know how to fix the text rollover issue... I'll explain:

At the beginning, you enter your name. The coding states this:

INPUT NAME$
MEM$=NAME$
IF F==1 THEN SAVE"MEM:N1"
'Saves the name as file 1 if file 1 is selected
IF F==2 THEN SAVE"MEM:N2"
'Saves the name as file 2 if file 2 is selected

Then later recalled as

IF F==1 THEN LOAD"MEM:N1" ELSE LOAD"MEM:N2"
N$=MEM$

Then finally:

PRINT N$ ":Text here."

This means that the text will rollover at different points depending on the length of the name. I can fix it when other characters are talking, but not when you are talking. If you know of a code that has an "autorollover" feature, please tell me. Thanks! (I provided the entire code so you an see exactly what's going on.

I played your RPG and thought it was fun, and would love a chance to help out. Have you thought of using buttons on the bottom screen instead of the default keyboard? As for your text problem, I'll look into it.

3DS FC: 4682-9497-8006
"They don't usually look up until you land on them."
~Sypher using Jump Jets in a Mad Cat Mk II just above a Raven

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.