Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 9,620

Shadowflash

@Ramstrong. Alright, I'll do that. I assume I can find that in the PTC QR thread.

@Linput Sweet . Thanks
Yeah, we should. My FC is in my signature. Also, you should know I'm not all that good with PTC.

@pHUNTERq I tried that and it seems to make it blink more...

"Can you do that? Can you explode twice?!" -Spike

3DS FC: 1676-3897-8278

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3897-8278 | Twitter:

Linput

Great im not that good either. (xD) Bad news. SALLY is, sadly, again postponed. it will be out on saturday D:. BTW i already friended u in my 3DS

Linput-3DS friend code: 4725-8494-2702
Pokemon White 2 pal-pad code: 1979 9213 55

I'm currently looking for some peeps to make SALLY a website, facebook, and email. If anyone does this u will be mentioned as a producer in the SALLY OS credits! :)

pHUNTERq

Shadowflash wrote:

@Ramstrong. Alright, I'll do that. I assume I can find that in the PTC QR thread.

@Linput Sweet . Thanks
Yeah, we should. My FC is in my signature. Also, you should know I'm not all that good with PTC.

I don't think it shouldn't though. Because that if statement is true when BTN is equal to anything but zero, so when your not moving, BTN = 0 so it shouldn't flicker... What I think you should do is this:

@MAIN
BTN = BUTTON(0)
IF BTN THEN GOTO @MOVE
GOTO @MAIN

@MOVE
LOCATE X, Y: PRINT " "
IF BTN==1 THEN CLS: Y=Y-1/20
IF BTN==2 THEN CLS: Y=Y+1/20
IF BTN==4 THEN CLS: X=X-1/20
IF BTN==8 THEN CLS: X=X+1/20
LOCATE X,Y:PRINT"■"
GOTO @MAIN

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8964-7467

Shadowflash

pHUNTERq wrote:

Shadowflash wrote:

@Linput Sweet . Thanks

I don't think it shouldn't though. Because that if statement is true when BTN is equal to anything but zero, so when your not moving, BTN = 0 so it shouldn't flicker... What I think you should do is this:

@MAIN
BTN = BUTTON(0)
IF BTN THEN GOTO @MOVE
GOTO @MAIN

@MOVE
IF BTN==1 THEN CLS: Y=Y-1/20
IF BTN==2 THEN CLS: Y=Y+1/20
IF BTN==4 THEN CLS: X=X-1/20
IF BTN==8 THEN CLS: X=X+1/20
GOTO @MAIN

No, when it's not moving it's fine. It's when it starts moving because it's constantly clearing the screen and printing it.

pHUNTERq

You don't clear the entire screen, only update what needs to be updated. Clearing the entire screen and redrawing it will cause that flicker.

Discostew

MM2 PTC Audio player now available from my website - http://lazerlight.x10.mx (and the codes aren't corrupted this time).

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Javo118

Discostew wrote:

MM2 PTC Audio player now available from my website - http://lazerlight.x10.mx (and the codes aren't corrupted this time).

No words... it's just amaizing, keep the work, the load time its nothing compared with the quality

3DS FC: 2921-9808-6856

KiwiFruit

It was kinda tricky finding the QR codes from the blog site since the link did not go to the file page. I found them by going on to the project box, then select files, and go to the QR codes. You truly did an outstanding job on remaking these soundtracks for the Petit Computer. I been composing my music for my game and making sound FX for it. It can be difficult to work with when you type in the code into the box. It's a good experience for me to create music and sound FXs. I really love the freedom that Petit Computer gives you to work with. I'm getting off track. I really enjoy listening to these soundtracks. Great job.

KiwiFruit

Discostew

@KiwiFruit

Sorry about that. I thought I made the link correctly, but checking it now, it brought up an error page. Link fixed.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Shadowflash

pHUNTERq wrote:

You don't clear the entire screen, only update what needs to be updated. Clearing the entire screen and redrawing it will cause that flicker.

I don't know how to do that, though. Hence me asking for help here.

KiwiFruit

If you're using the text graphic. You want to erase your previous your previous spot with a blank tile.
@MAIN
BTN = BUTTON(0)
IF BTN THEN GOTO @MOVE
GOTO @MAIN

@MOVE
IF BTN==1 THEN LOCATE X,Y:PRINT " ": Y=Y-1/20
IF BTN==2 THEN LOCATE X,Y:PRINT " ": Y=Y+1/20
IF BTN==4 THEN LOCATE X,Y:PRINT " ": X=X-1/20
IF BTN==8 THEN LOCATE X,Y:PRINT " ": X=X+1/20
VSYNC 1
GOTO @MAIN

Make sure that the loop have VSYNC 1 so it'll update the screen 60 frames per second for movement or game logic loops. Your "■" will still blink as it move currently. My current solution would be Delete the /20, and then increase to vsync 3. Then that box won't flicker anymore. Vsync 3 will update the screen 20 frames per seconds.

I hope this helps.

Edited on by KiwiFruit

KiwiFruit

81Rambler

I have just a quick query regarding the use of Button(), or rather how everyone else seems to be using it

When using a series of IF statements to read the button input, everyone's code seems to be preceeded by a BTN=BUTTON(0) or such, specifically assigning a varitable to the use of storing the button inputs and then basing the IF statements on that.

In my own code I just incorperate the BUTTON() function directly into the IF statement, ie; IF BUTTON(0)==16 THEN PRINT "That's an A Button right there".

I just want to know if there's a specific advantage to using a spare varitable this way, or if there is something I'm missing here?

81Rambler

pHUNTERq

Using a variable to store button input is good for using BUTTON(0) only once, instead of constantly checking for button presses. Constantly checking button presses could cause problems with the user changing buttons midway through your IF's, which could cause weird stuff to happen. It's more consistent if you use a variable.

Late

Still waiting for EU release. I actually contacted SmileBoom and asked when/if it will be released in Europe. I got the answer a couple of days later and it said:

Thank you for your e-mail.
But, Petit Computer can be downloaded in USA or Japan.
I'm very sorry.
Now, we try to sell Petit Computer in another country.
Thank you

I hope I won't need to wait much longer...

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

koopatroopaX

hey morphtroid, how is petitcross coming. i can't wait for the release of petit farm v 1.2. really m hoping that it will come out before the next demo of mega man 2 by discostew. also found out that my 99999, money dissipearing was because i forgot to save, sorry about that.

koopatroopaX

Linput

hey guys i posted the qr codes for SALLY OS on the QR code sharing forum. (actually, its a link to my website that has the QR's on it xD)

Linput-3DS friend code: 4725-8494-2702
Pokemon White 2 pal-pad code: 1979 9213 55

I'm currently looking for some peeps to make SALLY a website, facebook, and email. If anyone does this u will be mentioned as a producer in the SALLY OS credits! :)

KiwiFruit

I will check the OS out soon.

KiwiFruit

shadowwinds

hey guys I'm back and by the way can someone explain how the enemy ai works in this game
Untitled
by the way i didnt make this game so i give credit to the japanese guy that did

Edited on by shadowwinds

omnomnomnom metaphorical cake
3ds friend code: 4640-0397-5198
current petit computer prodject: peticle:the epic pet battleing game

petiSnail

shadowwinds wrote:

hey guys I'm back and by the way can someone explain how the enemy ai works in this game

qrs snipped

by the way i didnt make this game so i give credit to the japanese guy that did

Those qrs don't work. Here is the link to the original qrs that do:
http://wiki.hosiken.jp/petc/?Toukou%2F%A5%A2%A5%AF%A5%B7%A5%E...

For that type of ai you basically do a bunch of random movements at random time intervals.
Some psuedocode:

@LOOP
MOVETIME=MOVETIME-1
IF MOVETIME < 0 THEN MOVEDIRECTION=RAND(4) : MOVETIME=RAND(300)

IF MOVEDIRECTION==0 THEN ENEMY_Y=ENEMY_Y - 1
IF MOVEDIRECTION==1 THEN ENEMY_Y=ENEMY_Y +1
IF MOVEDIRECTION==2 THEN ENEMY_X=ENEMY_X - 1
IF MOVEDIRECTION==3 THEN ENEMY_X=ENEMY_X+ 1
GOTO @LOOP

petiSnail

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic