Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 9,561 to 9,580 of 9,620

Francis333

MyLegGuy wrote:

I made an rpg engine once, the code is kind of a mess but you can still take a look at it. It has full MAPED16 support, collision support, diolauge support, teleporting tiles support, and chest support.

Here's the qr codes:

Untitled

Here's a direct link to them: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g56zyldqd0qrgsa/RPGE.png?dl=0

There kinda small, tell me if you can't scan them.

Where are the BGU and GRP qr codes? I only saw the PRG. Anyways, I scanned it. I don't really understand how the collision works though. When I run it, it says "cannot find file" a bunch of times. When it finally gets to the game, all of the bg tiles are the same and it doesn't let me move. It's because you didn't have all the files in the link to the qr codes. So I just looked over the code, and like I said I don't understand the collision.

Francis333

3DS Friend Code: 1676-4500-0150 | Nintendo Network ID: ilovecopper

Zalkiaent

Hello guy's! I used to be @halozane , but my account got hacked . Anyways, I have made a prototype of 5 nights at Freddy's in PTC. It is making great progress, But all of the animatronics are WAY too active. And there are way too many glitches to release at the moment. But I think I have found a good way to calm the animatronics down. adding AI control (Custom night's) Featuring infinite difficulty! I will release The prototype to the PTC wiki in a little bit, And anyone can modify it if they want.
Disclaimer:
I am NOT the owner of fnaf, it was created by scott cawthon!

Zalkiaent

Lego-Meister

Is it a 2D version of FNAF?

Some programmers pride themselves on how many more lines of code they can write. I pride myself on how many less.

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1447-0455 | Nintendo Network ID: Legos-Meister

Lego-Meister

MorphMarron wrote:

Big spoiler: FNaF is mostly 2D.

Oh ok, It looked 3D from the screenshots I had seen.

Some programmers pride themselves on how many more lines of code they can write. I pride myself on how many less.

T-bender

Quick question: Is there a way to change the screen order? I want tot put the graphics screen in the front. Thank you ^^

Edited on by T-bender

Progress:
Alarm Clock (PTC) 75% done
Shooter w/o a name yet (PTC) 0,01% done Xd

Lego-Meister

T-bender wrote:

Quick question: Is there a way to change the screen order? I want to put the graphics screen in the front. Thank you ^^

GPRIO <priority 0-3>

Adjusts the order in which graphics (lines, circles, squares, etc.) are drawn in relation to other visual elements in the game. 0 is highest (in front of everything) 3 is lowest (behind everything).
(Source: Petit Computer Function Guide)

Edited on by Lego-Meister

T-bender

Lego-Meister wrote:

T-bender wrote:

Quick question: Is there a way to change the screen order? I want to put the graphics screen in the front. Thank you ^^

GPRIO <priority 0-3>

Adjusts the order in which graphics (lines, circles, squares, etc.) are drawn in relation to other visual elements in the game. 0 is highest (in front of everything) 3 is lowest (behind everything).
(Source: Petit Computer Function Guide)

Thanks. I need tot know this because I want tot make a textbox in my RPG. If I use one of the background layers, the whole map will be screwed up. I'll put you in the credits as special thanks.

Progress:

640Luigi

do anyone know how to use the touchscreen in PTC like in tLoZPH? please respond

640Luigi

T-bender

640Luigi wrote:

Simple use this code to make a draw program:

PNLTYPE "OFF"
@LOOP
IF TCHST THEN GLINE TCHX,TCHY,TCHX,TCHY,15
GOTO @LOOP

If you draw on the touchscreen, a line will appear, allowing people to sketch on the touchscreen like in The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. If you want to clear the touchscreen, use

GCLS

Edited on by T-bender

Progress:

MyLegGuy

640Luigi wrote:

There is 4 touch screen variables you can use when you want to use the touch screen.
TCHX - the X location of your last touch
TCHY - the Y location of your last touch
TCHST - it's true or false. True if your currently touching, false if your not.
TCHTIME - This variable tells you how long your touch has been going on for.

You'll probably want to use PNLTYPE "OFF" so the keyboard isn't on the touch screen.

If you wanted to make a touch screen button you would first use PNLSTR to draw it on the touch screen then use an IF statement to check if your touch is within your button's boundaries.

Edited on by MyLegGuy

Hello.

Nintendo Network ID: MyLegGuy2

Lego-Meister

@TheGreatBurrito Yes I have. Might I suggest a difficulty increase as the time increases? Maybe you could increase the speed of the snake. If you need any help, just ask!

@MyLegGuy You can find the game on the petit computer qr code sharing forum.

TexMurphy

MyLegGuy wrote:

@TheGreatBurrito
I never go there (the qr code sharing thread). I think if you want the most amount of people seeing your game then post it on the petit computer wiki.
http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Petit_Computer_Wiki

Unless you think your program does not deserve to be on the wiki.

I'm not going to try it now because I'm doing homework and I'm distracted.

I've posted many games on the wiki with little responses. Like Mortal Kombat, Scopa, Talon, and Impossible Mission. I'm looking for that next game to program. Any suggestions what people may like? There are many attempts to make a RPG. I am trying make sprites using GRPs and animate them top and bottom screen like Kings Quest. The mechanics are not working well with GPAGE swaping and CLS.

TexMurphy

Francis333

@TexMurphy
Have you ever thought about making a turn-based RPG. That would be cool if you made one. I'd get it. Just a suggestion

Francis333

3DS Friend Code: 1676-4500-0150 | Nintendo Network ID: ilovecopper

TexMurphy

@Francis333
When you say turn-based do you mean a stradegy game where characters move on a map each turn or like a fight between two characters? I have been working towards an RPG, but it is more work that cutting edge programing for PTC. I have created tools like Mapit and Faceit towards that goal. We may have petit3D before I could get done with that. I'm still using a DSI XL. LOL. Not giving up though. My DSi on the other hand is cracking near the power light!

Edited on by TexMurphy

TexMurphy

mystman12

I just reached the 200 hour mark in Petit Computer! Definitely my favorite piece of software for 3DS. I am definitely gonna love SmileBASIC!

Also, I'll be releasing updates for a couple of games tomorrow. That should wrap all of my PTC projects up, and then I can just relax and wait for SmileBASIC to release.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic