Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 9,521 to 9,540 of 9,620

Francis333

bigdog00 wrote:

So guys... I got the original LoZ for my 3DS (And I feel like an idiot because shortly after I bought it I saw it on club nintendo but that's another story...) Anyway, I was thinking about making a LoZ-like game, but I have no idea how arrays work so I don't know how I would make the map and scroll it and stuff. Maybe this could be a group project where we all contribute?

I'd contribute. I know how to store a map into an array using data.

Francis333

3DS Friend Code: 1676-4500-0150 | Nintendo Network ID: ilovecopper

Francis333

Scan both QR codes.

Francis333

Francis333

The first code is on the right side.

Francis333

Francis333

Oh, is there anyway I could make it public?

Francis333

Francis333

Thanks, but it's private. I can't access it. Anyway, I will work on the animations and sprites tonight.

[/quote]

What kind of background do you want. A background that moves whenever you move or a background that moves only when you get to the edge of the screen?

Francis333

Francis333

Here are the pictures
Untitled

Francis333

MyLegGuy

@bigdog00
Use this program:
http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Large_Map_Editor
It's a large map editor that lets you build a map using background tiles and stuff and load the map into your game. It even comes with an example on how to make your map scroll and stuff. It's really easy, try it out! Better yet, your map is stored in an array called ARR. I for one, would contribute to your project.

@Francis333
Really, 4 posts in a row? There is an edit button.

Edited on by MyLegGuy

Hello.

Nintendo Network ID: MyLegGuy2

Francis333

Sorry about the four posts in a row. I already have the Large Scrolling Background example. I don't really know how I could use that to make my own map. Could you show me an example.

Francis333

Mariominer

Okay, so I haven't posted anything in a while because I'm trying to lie low until the new Petit Computer comes out because I don't want any huge advancements to be made on my programs when I can't transfer them to the new one. But, however, I will teach y'all something that I like to use. What do I call it? Linked arrays. What I do is I basically have 2 (or more) arrays that are the same size and use them for a purpose both of them help with. For example, if the player has an inventory and the inventory needs data (like what sprite or BG each part of the inventory uses) then I do something like this:
DIM INV(15)
DIM INVSP(15)
and now I can use the same iteration for each array to manage the same thing, so I can do something like:
IF INV(S)==5 THEN INVSP(S)==9
This method can be way more useful than what the example was. I like it just because I can have something's data spread across multiple arrays. Like INV and INVSP and INVAM. Defining all of these can be a hassle though, but overall can help the program's speed rather that IF INV(S)==5 THEN SPSET...

Like a boss? Please, I AM a boss. You're welcome

3DS Friend Code: 1543-5315-3818 | Nintendo Network ID: Storybookten9

Francis333

I actually don't have that program, I just got, it's really cool. So I made a background using it and saved it in a grp file. How could I use this in a program?

Francis333

MyLegGuy

@Francis333
To use the map you need to get MAPRE16, it's on the same page. It has instructions inside the program.

Hello.

Nintendo Network ID: MyLegGuy2

Undead_terror

Welp as said this game is going to be removed from the eShop on the 31st, so I got it today, just looking for neat games people made!

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Eel

Wait WHAT why will they remove it?

Is it because it'll get a sequel?

By the way, now that you have it, don't forget to download my Petit Forest for it you can play as a skeleton.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Undead_terror

MorphMarron wrote:

By the way, now that you have it, don't forget to download my Petit Forest for it you can play as a skeleton.

Yep the sequel is coming so it will be somewhat of a rare download now....also
Untitled
Send a link to the codes!

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Eel

Undead_terror wrote:

MorphMarron wrote:

Yep the sequel is coming so it will be somewhat of a rare download now....also
Untitled
Send a link to the codes!

Here's the wiki link: http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Petit_Forest

There's a bunch of other great games there, too.

Will it also be removed from the DSi shop? I kinda want to download it there again if that's true.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Undead_terror

You can still get it and redownload it whenever you want, any game/demo that get's removed from the eShop can be redownloaded, it should still be on the DSi ware store...it's like Cave Story, the DSi ware version got removed from the eShop but can still be purchased on the DSi ware store...yet it still can be redownloaded from the eShop.

Eel

Oh I know that much, but the article here mentioned that maybe the removal was because of Gamebridge, which if it's true then maybe they'll remove it on the DSi too.

I'll download it as a backup, just in case anything ever happens to my 2DS, I'll still be able to play my old petit games this way.

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic