Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 9,381 to 9,400 of 9,620

mystman12

@Gavintendo64 Well, I sort of hit a developers block, which basically means I ran out of ideas. I still want to finish it, but don't expect any updates soon. I am working on another, smaller (and weirder) game, that I should be able to release soon(ish). And then there's the Future Pinball game I'm working on, which is my highest priority right now. Also, just throwing this out there, I'm horrible with dates and getting things done within a timely manner, so whenever I say "soon", just keep your expectations low. Thanks for asking though! I didn't know anyone even cared about Infinite Office, so it's kind of encouraging knowing that at least one person does!

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

sgm_darkcon

can i upload the qr here soon so you all can review the code for the problem from battle system to fpv maze at location of the encounter and if so will this site let me?

Edited on by sgm_darkcon

sgm_darkcon

Espurr

I'm back. What kind of game should I make?

"The heart has reasons the mind knows nothing of."-Blaise Pascal
Pokemon X Friend Code:3883-5184-5725
Safari: Grass
Pokemon: Pansage, Sawsbuck (Spring), Gogoat.

Zalkia-ent

hey guys, guess what?
im porting doom to ptc using the raycasting program. and its looking good!
features:
-movement
-heal and ammo
-2 simple sprite monsters
-gun
-face at bottom of top screen
-menu
-jumping
-shooting
-face animations
I know I haven't ever posted a qr code for anything but next week im hoping that I will.
good night guys!

email:[email protected]
if facebook,myspace,instagram and twitter were all shut down, 90% of the teenage population would go insane. if your one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy&past this to your signature and hope it happens. Wait... NO!

Zalkia-ent

Does anyone know how @IAmAPerson made the second layer 4 mcds? If I find out I may be able to make a third layer for it. or I could use it for doom ptc.

if facebook,myspace,instagram and twitter were all shut down, 90% of the teenage population would go insane. if your one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy&past this to your signature and hope it happens. Wait... NO!

sgm_darkcon

Where do I upload DT-Game files version B007 that works and B008 that broke to get help on fixing it?

Edited on by sgm_darkcon

sgm_darkcon

sgm_darkcon

need Help Please on fixing a problem with DarkTimes: A Tale of a mage and the lost kittens
Ok it all upload on PTC wikia here the link You mite have to load it in another tab, because im not sure if I linked it right
http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:27082
the link seem to work when I click on it.

All toward bottom of page for full game qr images make sure to download all GRP and program version B007 works version B008 is broke the problem is when I call @loop after battle it now wont take me back to location in maze where the encounter happen.

And Thank you too the ones that do help!

Edited on by sgm_darkcon

sgm_darkcon

TobuKatsu

@DiscoStew So, I made an array (20x20) for test, before the +0.25 gravity code, I put
IF MAP(PX,PY)>1 THEN GOTO @INIT
and I get a Subscript out of range (15, IF) error.
What do I do? I've looked at other platformers code and it seems to need a lot of math?

3DS FC : 4613 - 7463 - 3640
我的名字是TobuKatsu。Меня зовут ТобуКатсу. 私の名前はトブカツです。나는 이름을 케이린 입니다.
很高兴认识你。Очень приятно. よろしくお願いします。 만나서 반가워요.

Gavintendo64

Instead of making collision, why font you help by making it for me the coding is
Cls:acls:gcls:clear
(A bunch of boring stuff)
@Main
B=button()
Bt=btrig()
If by and 1 then v=-4:air=true:beep 8,1000
If air then y=y+v:v=v+0.15
If b and 4 then x=x-2
If b and 8 then x=x+2

I need an easily Editable bg collision like the 0 and 1 map data thing. Your user will be in the credits.
Just repost the coding with what I need to put in for collision

Gavintendo64

Gavintendo64

Plus I could use a n sp collision tutorial

Gavintendo64

sgm_darkcon

sgm_darkcon wrote:

need Help Please on fixing a problem with DarkTimes: A Tale of a mage and the lost kittens
Ok it all upload on PTC wikia here the link You mite have to load it in another tab, because im not sure if I linked it right

All toward bottom of page for full game qr images make sure to download all GRP and program version B007 works version B008 is broke the problem is when I call @loop after battle it now wont take me back to location in maze where the encounter happen.

@Gavintendo64 your welcome to help if you like, don't be afraid to tell me if there is a better way to do something! After all I doing this too learn on my hobbie time, and input is a good thing.

on that note I notice that petit computer wikia not friendly on my 3DS/XL and PS3 web browser and won't show me the QR Images I uploaded. I guess it just written for PC users.

sgm_darkcon

TheGreatBurrito

Hey wiki! Im back after a long time away lol. I spent a few hours on this game and was wondering if anyone would be willing to make the qrs for me? My computer is broke and my sd card is corrupted. If anyone wants to know about it just ask. Also if you want to help you can and if you change anything just dont take all the credit

Thanks in advence,
TheGreatBurrito

I DUCKING HATE AUTO-CORRECT

Zalkia-ent

can anyone make good sprites for my doom ptc project? ive been trying to make them but no good luck .

mystman12

Zane-dude wrote:

can anyone make good sprites for my doom ptc project? ive been trying to make them but no good luck .

Have you tried using Petit Computer Utilities to just convert the sprites? You can import the sprites into a program like GIMP, scale them down to the size you want, (64x64 being the max) stitch them together into one sprite sheet, (which needs to be 256x64, I think) and import it into PTCUtilities. You can set it to create a palette for you, too. It's a really useful tool, I was able to convert photos into sprites!

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Gavintendo64

A good tactic for keeping programming interesting, if you can't code one thing, code something else
. Since I can't understand collision, I make the moves like Mario's fireball. I need help tho. How do you make a moving object come from the player?

Gavintendo64

TexMurphy

Gavintendo64 wrote:

A good tactic for keeping programming interesting, if you can't code one thing, code something else
. Since I can't understand collision, I make the moves like Mario's fireball. I need help tho. How do you make a moving object come from the player?

Look at Mortal Kombat Tutorial and game on petit computer wiki. I believe I set (x,y) variables for the character and the fireball sprite. Use SPOFS to the character sprite. Depending on your home position on your sprite you might want to offset this a little. Then increment the fireball every game loop. Stop the sprite when it gets off the screen or hits something. I like to hid the object off screen instead of removing it completely. This keeps you from having to recreate it each time. There are some other example in past post on this site.

TexMurphy

Mariominer

Can someone help me with this line of code? The line is:
IF EVENTT==0 AND MISSCOMP$(0)==FALSE THEN GOSUB @MISSCOMP:MISSCOMP(0)=TRUE
And it returns SYNTAX ERROR (300, IF)
Edit: Nevermind! Turns out strings don't hold integers So I fixed it before anyone could respond. Yay me!

Edited on by Mariominer

Like a boss? Please, I AM a boss. You're welcome

3DS Friend Code: 1543-5315-3818 | Nintendo Network ID: Storybookten9

sgm_darkcon

sgm_darkcon wrote:

This is interesting, I posted for help on a theory of what mite be wrong and nothing on replies of a idea. No worry I'm still working on it. Plus I think I have a theory on how to fix it or a work around to fix it, So back to the drawing board! I'm going to have to rewrite it from scratch! This is why I like to code or make maps for games. It keeping me interested on what makes it tick.

sgm_darkcon

Discostew

@sgm_darkcon

Well, I've been gone for the week on vacation, so I couldn't help anyone during that time. I'll take a look at it to see if I can find the problem.

@TobuKatsu

That error is a result of going out of bounds of the array (to which you are trying to reference an element not in the range of the array you defined). You say you have a 20x20 element array. Is the array DIM'ed to be that big and formed as a 2D array? Are your values less than 0?

The important part when dealing with gravity and other acceleration code is that you have your acceleration (like gravity being 0.25 pixels as a constant or non-constant, whichever you choose), your velocity (which adds the acceleration each time, with possible limits like terminal velocity), and then positioning (which is incremented by velocity).

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Discostew

@sgm_darkcon

I think I found your problem. It's an attempt to use one variable for more than one purpose. With your map coordinates, you use PX and PY, right? Well, aren't you using PY to also determine if your entire party is paralyzed in battle? I noticed this when after running from a battle (I had to set CD to 30 because waiting between actions for 6 seconds in battle was not worth sitting around for) and attempted to move, I'd find myself at the top of the map, but at the same X coordinate. Prior to re-entering map mode, you reset the stats for all characters and party variables to FALSE, including PY. FALSE as a number is equal to 0, which so happens to be the vertical position you end up at.

Hope that helps.

edit:
After changing the variable PY within your battle section to PY1 (starting on the line where it checks all party members), everything seemed to work correctly when returning back to the map.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic