Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 9,321 to 9,340 of 9,620

Johnathan_L

JOSPRO will have ALL-NEW icons & a new background... and will need updated (hopefully) every 2-4 weeks... for an application.

Johnathan_L

Gimmemorecoinz

Ok this is annoying me I actually need help with this.

I have three seperate rows of colors (16 colors)
stored across multiple col files.
I want to load them into col0 one at a time, copy each color
Then, close them all.
Re write each of their colors, and save the new col file with all three colors stored in one file.
I can't figure out how to program this in ptc... colset and colread don't seem legit enough.....
idk what to do here. this is annoying me so much!

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Gimmemorecoinz

Well, guess what everyone. at only 3000 lines of code (including level data)
The current version of petit smash bros has working colors now (for one big large level)
The challenge was moving all the colors from seperate col files into a single col file so that I can address tile color palletes properly.

Now that I have that under my belt along with the large maps it's basically time to create a polished stage ready for battle, program in more characters,
deal with collision on a per character basis (this will make it easier to classify characters in the long run)
So characters will be hard coded into the game, I'm sorry. u_u I may add a few slots for special characters (who's sizes will be 32X32 at biggest)

Then each character can have MORE moves, because in a more open stage environment, I only need to render a few frames for each character at a time.
This loading and unloading of sprite graphics may prove problematic but we'll see.

What's this mean?
In other words, petit smash bros new version (remember the promised over haul) is getting closer to completion and I have a more organized
codebase now which will make it easier.

This also means that in a little while (maybe a few more weeks or months not sure yet) Petit Smash bros will be released as a beta
with pokeballs, new characters including yoshi if I can swing it samus, since most of her sprites is done (well some of them but whatever)
And different play modes, the adventure mode will primarily let you beat up koopas, and knock their shells around. or jump on their shells, pick them up throw the shells upwards, downwards, left and right, and allow characters to basically use all their talents. Mario, with a hammer for instance will be fun. (If I can code it)
Samus will get her wave beam, her speed dash if I can get it in there, and she'll also get her morph ball form while jumping, and she'll be able to drop morph ball bombs, and do a charged beam attack as well as normal shots.

Mario will get his fireball his fireball smash attack, and his backflip if I can manage it. At best.
Fox will be added to but his moves will be limited until I get better sprites for fox.

Yoshi will get his rolling egg special, his down+B attack , his hovering flying jump move, and his toungue/grab and egging ability.
He'll also get his foreward smash attack. And his regular running and walking moves, and a punching animation if I can manage it.

Some of these moves won't be nearly as limiting in adventure mode on a large stage.
1 v 1 matches will take place on smaller less open stages.

There will be map loading screens due to the size of the large stages in adventure mode.
I might add trophies later. No promises.
Coin battles might be a thing if I can figure out how to do it.

So lots to look foreward to.
I have a few stages planned.
I plan to redo the brinstar small stage (it'll use the lage map system to render though)
The yoshi's island stage (extended and large battle arena)
Oh yeah i'm adding stock to the game.
And a super mario bros style stage for adventure mode with koopas.
And i'll redo the mario brothers 2 stage.

Items that will be in for sure, pokeballs, with three starters, and two legendaries.
Mewtwo may become a playable character in adventure mode.
This is alot of content I know but it can be done.
If you're willing to suffer the QR code scans.
I may be adding bowser as a final boss, for single player adventure mode only.
Depending on the character, if I can swing it bowser will have several animation sequences.

I literally have everything else I need to make this project easier built up.

For those of you who will be wanting to MOD petit smash bros I will share all my techniques and release the
tools needed, the map editor is available on my blog on the wikia for petit computer.
Any questions about petit smash bros? Send me a line, pm me on here or email me [email protected]
whatever you want.
:3
I'm on the kland3 wiki chat regularely , that's where the ptc wiki chat has moved for now.
I am SUPER excited, I'll be releasing a video all about the progress later.

Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Discostew

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

Ok this is annoying me I actually need help with this.

I have three seperate rows of colors (16 colors)
stored across multiple col files.
I want to load them into col0 one at a time, copy each color
Then, close them all.
Re write each of their colors, and save the new col file with all three colors stored in one file.
I can't figure out how to program this in ptc... colset and colread don't seem legit enough.....
idk what to do here. this is annoying me so much!

Use a COL mode for temporary loading the COL file (like COL2 used for GRPs), then read the colors via COLREAD and write to the appropriate areas via COLSET.

FOR I=0 TO 2
LOAD "COL2:MYCOL"+STR$(I), FALSE
FOR J=0 TO 15
COLREAD ("GRP", J), R, G, B
COLSET "SP", I*16+J, HEX$(R,2)+HEX$(G,2)+HEX$(B,2)
NEXT J
NEXT I
SAVE "COL1:MYCOLSP"

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Pixelrobin

Hi guys remember moi? :3

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Zalkia-ent

offtopic:
@IAmAPerson @bluerobin2 @pootrick2 @leviseljir is invited to help me finish a minecraft server im working on... but once its finished,I will release it to more populated forums but for now y'all will either test the minigames or help make them. so, your probibly thinking,"what's the server's name???" well I have the awnser.
it doesn't really have a name... so,yeah! ill tell you the adderess when I remember... o_o

email:[email protected]
if facebook,myspace,instagram and twitter were all shut down, 90% of the teenage population would go insane. if your one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy&past this to your signature and hope it happens. Wait... NO!

sgm_darkcon

Well not sure why my link has to be open in a new tab! But I'll worry about that later....

Update on (Dark Times: A tale of a mage and the lost kittens) A Wizardry1 like interface for PTC
Anyway, fixed the backtrack glitch on the auto map when walk around in the maze by removing the old code from the engine and rewrote it.
before you was able to walk backwards in maze, it was not practical so wrote it as a turn around feature when you press the down key on dsi so your face the way you came from now.

Now to the battle system to my game i'm working on, I asked two friends that do comic style artwork and went to school for it, well I asked them for help so I can focus more on the programming. They said they be happy to help on their free time, I guest I'll see how they do from drawing by hand to pixel artwork. It be good training for them, beside that's what they enjoy doing. I felt kind of bad giving such a long list of enemy's for the battle system, and they said they can do most but not all them because they got projects too, I said that fine I just needed the help! Moving on now, I worked more on the battle system and added features for Fight, Parry, Spell Book, Use Item for each character of the party the player will control. It's not complete but the code structure is there and working like I want it to do, and to me that a plus, so I can build on it. And I'm still working with the code on a test module to shrink the code to do the same effect. well goodnight.

Edited on by sgm_darkcon

sgm_darkcon

zeldafoursword

hi there i have 2 questions , hope someone can help me. how can i copy a lot of lines of text i want to copy a lot of them and paste them in another game im making? and second question: i'm planning to do a game final fantasy style my question is how can i make that the random enemies that appear to have random stats like attack, defense,etc for random encounters? thanks

zeldafoursword

sgm_darkcon

zeldafoursword wrote:

hi there i have 2 questions , hope someone can help me. how can i copy a lot of lines of text i want to copy a lot of them and paste them in another game im making? and second question: i'm planning to do a game final fantasy style my question is how can i make that the random enemies that appear to have random stats like attack, defense,etc for random encounters? thanks

Well the bad news is PTC only copy one line at a time. Me I append to a new program some times, or just save as a different name and delete the code I don't need or use PTCUtilities but its buggy when you do large amount of code or paste code to it's editor and I use Notepad++ and most the time I just use PTC on the dsi, plus I use paper as a hard copy and backup to SD card, the dsi allows 4gig, SD card but there a loop hole there, PTC will allow me to save data on a 32 gig Card. It works for me but I'm not going to stay it will work for everyone, It mite be the make of the card I have or maybe not.

This is how I'm loading grp Images for my battle system
@EGRP
GOSUB @CST4
RGRP=RND(5) '25
ECE=RND(5)
'---Count of enemy going with max of six in each group.
IF ECE==0 AND PL==1 THEN EC=1
IF ECE==1 AND PL==1 THEN EC=2
IF ECE==2 AND PL==1 THEN EC=3
IF ECE==3 AND PL==1 THEN EC=4
IF ECE==4 AND PL==1 THEN EC=5
IF ECE==5 AND PL==1 THEN EC=6
'---Groups of enemy title name.
IF RGRP==0 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Man in robes":LOAD "GRP0:EIMG000",0:
IF RGRP==1 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Man in robes":LOAD "GRP0:EIMG001",0:
IF RGRP==2 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Animal":LOAD "GRP0:EIMG002",0:
IF RGRP==3 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Strange animal":LOAD "GRP0:EIMG003",0: 'using werebear pic
IF RGRP==4 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Strange animal":LOAD "GRP0:EIMG004",0:
IF RGRP==5 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Insect":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==6 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Slime":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==7 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Scruffy man":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==8 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Giant rodent":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==9 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Man in armor":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==10 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Strange animal":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==11 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Mangy dog":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==12 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Small object":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==13 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Slime":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==14 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Fly":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==15 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Animal":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==16 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Dragon":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==17 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Giant":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==18 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Dragon":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==19 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Giant":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==20 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Strange animal":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==21 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Giant":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==22 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Gargoyle":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==23 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Gas cloud":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==24 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Dragon":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF ECE==0 AND RGRP==25 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Dark TSC Member":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
'--- Just add ['s] if more then 1 enemy in a group ---
IF ECE<1 THEN LOCATE 2,1:COLOR 15:?"(";EC;") ";EN$
IF ECE>0 THEN LOCATE 2,1:COLOR 15:?"(";EC;") ";EN$;"'s"
VSYNC 1
RETURN
But I think something like this mite work for you, you just need some changes to it like, I'll use gosub for event and run it once when going in to battle mode

@ENESTAT
EFSP=RND(4) ' remember 0 - 3 'ATK
EDSP=RND(4) ' remember 0 - 3 'DEF
'---Enemy's Fight Stat Points for like attack
IF EFSP==0 THEN EFS=40
IF EFSP==1 THEN EFS=30
IF EFSP==2 THEN EFS=20
IF EFSP==3 THEN EFS=10
'---Enemy's Def Stat Points for like block.
IF EDSP==0 THEN EDS=500
IF EDSP==1 THEN EDS=400
IF EDSP==2 THEN EDS=300
IF EDSP==3 THEN EDS=200
VSYNC 1
RETURN

It an idea, and a start but not complete!

Edited on by sgm_darkcon

sgm_darkcon

zeldafoursword

sgm_darkcon wrote:

zeldafoursword wrote:

Well the bad news is PTC only copy one line at a time. Me I append to a new program some times, or just save as a different name and delete the code I don't need or use PTCUtilities but its buggy when you do large amount of code or paste code to it's editor and I use Notepad++ and most the time I just use PTC on the dsi, plus I use paper as a hard copy and backup to SD card, the dsi allows 4gig, SD card but there a loop hole there, PTC will allow me to save data on a 32 gig Card. It works for me but I'm not going to stay it will work for everyone, It mite be the make of the card I have or maybe not.

This is how I'm loading grp Images for my battle system
@EGRP
GOSUB @CST4
RGRP=RND(5) '25
ECE=RND(5)
'---Count of enemy going with max of six in each group.
IF ECE==0 AND PL==1 THEN EC=1
IF ECE==1 AND PL==1 THEN EC=2
IF ECE==2 AND PL==1 THEN EC=3
IF ECE==3 AND PL==1 THEN EC=4
IF ECE==4 AND PL==1 THEN EC=5
IF ECE==5 AND PL==1 THEN EC=6
'---Groups of enemy title name.
IF RGRP==0 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Man in robes":LOAD "GRP0:EIMG000",0:
IF RGRP==1 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Man in robes":LOAD "GRP0:EIMG001",0:
IF RGRP==2 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Animal":LOAD "GRP0:EIMG002",0:
IF RGRP==3 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Strange animal":LOAD "GRP0:EIMG003",0: 'using werebear pic
IF RGRP==4 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Strange animal":LOAD "GRP0:EIMG004",0:
IF RGRP==5 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Insect":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==6 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Slime":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==7 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Scruffy man":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==8 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Giant rodent":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==9 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Man in armor":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==10 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Strange animal":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==11 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Mangy dog":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==12 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Small object":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==13 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Slime":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==14 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Fly":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==15 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Animal":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==16 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Dragon":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==17 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Giant":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==18 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Dragon":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==19 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Giant":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==20 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Strange animal":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==21 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Giant":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==22 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Gargoyle":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==23 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Gas cloud":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF RGRP==24 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Dragon":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
IF ECE==0 AND RGRP==25 AND PL==1 THEN EN$="Dark TSC Member":LOAD "GRP0:TEST_PIC",0:
'--- Just add ['s] if more then 1 enemy in a group ---
IF ECE<1 THEN LOCATE 2,1:COLOR 15:?"(";EC;") ";EN$
IF ECE>0 THEN LOCATE 2,1:COLOR 15:?"(";EC;") ";EN$;"'s"
VSYNC 1
RETURN
But I think something like this mite work for you, you just need some changes to it like, I'll use gosub for event and run it once when going in to battle mode

@ENESTAT
EFSP=RND(4) ' remember 0 - 3 'ATK
EDSP=RND(4) ' remember 0 - 3 'DEF
'---Enemy's Fight Stat Points for like attack
IF EFSP==0 THEN EFS=40
IF EFSP==1 THEN EFS=30
IF EFSP==2 THEN EFS=20
IF EFSP==3 THEN EFS=10
'---Enemy's Def Stat Points for like block.
IF EDSP==0 THEN EDS=500
IF EDSP==1 THEN EDS=400
IF EDSP==2 THEN EDS=300
IF EDSP==3 THEN EDS=200
VSYNC 1
RETURN

It an idea, and a start but not complete!

WOW! this will help me a lot! thanks a bunch

zeldafoursword

Gimmemorecoinz

I've uploaded another update video about petit smash bros it's shorter and there isn't much to talk about so I didn't even speak.
It features added gravity and collision, and a color pallete fix.

Enjoy. I'll be adding items next.

zeldafoursword

ok i have another problem :/, im trying to learn about sprites, i found a guide that explain it but there is something that i cant understand for example here is what i found:

So now you have the sprites looking how you want, but you need to put them in your game! To set your sprite use SPSET. But, there are many numbers you need to put after SPSET. There are a total of eight numbers you can have going after the SPSET! The first is the control number, or basically the name of your sprite. You can have a total of 100 sprites in one program(0-99). (I'll talk more about control numbers later). Second is the sprite character number. You find the number of the sprite you want underneath their picture in the manual. Third is the palette number, or their color. There are a total of 16 palette colors, you can view these in "CHRED". Fourth is the horizontal rotation, and fifth is the vertical rotation. Sixth is the order of precedence. Lastly the seventh number is width while the eighth is height.

Here's what it would look like coded to create a little red sorceress:
SPSET 0,100,2,0,0,0,16,16

can someone please explain me what does every number mean? especially about the part of the order of precedence i dont know what does it means!
thank you

zeldafoursword

Gimmemorecoinz

zeldafoursword wrote:

ok i have another problem :/, im trying to learn about sprites, i found a guide that explain it but there is something that i cant understand for example here is what i found:

So now you have the sprites looking how you want, but you need to put them in your game! To set your sprite use SPSET. But, there are many numbers you need to put after SPSET. There are a total of eight numbers you can have going after the SPSET! The first is the control number, or basically the name of your sprite. You can have a total of 100 sprites in one program(0-99). (I'll talk more about control numbers later). Second is the sprite character number. You find the number of the sprite you want underneath their picture in the manual. Third is the palette number, or their color. There are a total of 16 palette colors, you can view these in "CHRED". Fourth is the horizontal rotation, and fifth is the vertical rotation. Sixth is the order of precedence. Lastly the seventh number is width while the eighth is height.

can someone please explain me what does every number mean? especially about the part of the order of precedence i dont know what does it means!
thank you

Order of presedence means whether it comes in front of or behind the background layer, or something like that. Or also the grp layer though that one i'm unsure of. there are actually two layers to the bg , there is layer 0 and 1
Certain sprites can be behind bg 0 or 1 I think that's what you mean.

The control number will be the number you refer to that sprite, from here on out.
That's why it's good to give your sprite a name, as the control number
Ie
Player=0
Spset Player, yourspriteimage, 0, 0, 0, 0, 16, 16

and for this part: Fourth is the horizontal rotation, and fifth is the vertical rotation
Say that you have a sprite that's facing left, and you don't have a sprite animation for them walking right but you do for left.
You can simply redo your spset, with the flipped sprite value set to 1
The fourth and fifth parameters ie numbers of SPSET are boolean only.
So you can have them set to 0, or 1
Hopefully that helps.
Also (vertical as 1 ) that's the fifth parameter would cause the sprite to be upside down

The width and height are VERY important if you're going to use sprites that are larger than 16 X 16 pixels
if you look inside ptc's help under sprites, you'll see a whole table showing you what each sprite is (the default ones) and what
their image numbers are.
Hope this helps.

Edited on by Gimmemorecoinz

Gimmemorecoinz

This might be regarded as off topic but I know our community will love this (you know who you are)
Best video EVER

Johnathan_L

Sorry for being stupid, but how dose input work? I forgot how.

Johnathan_L

Discostew

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

This might be regarded as off topic but I know our community will love this (you know who you are)
Best video EVER

Please keep discussions on this thread to things PTC related.

Discostew

Discostew

Johnathan_L wrote:

Sorry for being stupid, but how dose input work? I forgot how.

Use BUTTON() to retrieve the input state of buttons, triggers, and D-Pad. IMO, it is preferable to assign a variable that retrieves from BUTTON once per frame, and use that variable when doing logic procedures as the state of BUTTON can change between frames.

Discostew

Discostew

Ok, this is intolerable. PTC has demonstrated how to be restrictive with a program from so many different angles that it infuriates me. This was a long time coming, but today after working on a side-project, I just couldn't hold it in.

It seems the designers of PTC wanted to do things, but not from an angle that is used by the average programmer. They were being too literal. Here's an example. We know that when scaling a rotated sprite, we can get to around 200% before we see the sprite being cropped, but I had an idea that would allow an increase above 200% while not seeing the cropping effect. How? By injecting a sprite smaller than what it is contained in. Take a 16x16 pixel sprite, and arrange the data to fit in the middle of a 32x32 sprite. This would allow the sprite to scaling upwards to about 400% before cropping took effect. So what's the problem? Well, I didn't know until today that they forced a limit of 200%, and anything above that results in an error. This is quite frankly one of the stupidest restrictions I have seen. Why? Well, based on documentation and self-tinkering via homebrew outside of PTC, the cropping effect is a limitation (not a restriction) of the DS's 2D hardware, but the parameters that control scaling/rotation allow for greater than 200%. So why even make a restriction?

This isn't the only case. Just recently, we found out that PTC3 (formally PTC3D) would not incorporate color palettes, meaning all images used are direct-color-based. Some people may rejoice over something like that because it eases their development, but I am just the opposite. I say this because color palettes offer something that would take far too much data to mimic. Take Megaman for instance. In MM2, Megaman can utilize up to 9 different weapons (let's exclude Item weapons for this), each with a different color scheme. With palettes, I change a few colors, and it directly changes all sprites/tiles that use it. Without it, I would have to have 9 different copies of each of Megaman's frames for the same effect. In all seriousness, if this version of PTC didn't have color palettes, MM2 would not be possible. That's how important I think they are. As for PTC3's lack of color palettes.....is it a limitation, or a restriction? I can't fathom how the 3DS would be incapable of something like this, which leads me to think they're forcing this restriction for some ease on development when, for me, it cause more of a hindrance than a blessing.

I could go into plenty of other problems, but I think I've said enough.

Discostew

zeldafoursword

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

zeldafoursword wrote:

thank you

Order of presedence means whether it comes in front of or behind the background layer, or something like that. Or also the grp layer though that one i'm unsure of. there are actually two layers to the bg , there is layer 0 and 1
Certain sprites can be behind bg 0 or 1 I think that's what you mean.

The control number will be the number you refer to that sprite, from here on out.
That's why it's good to give your sprite a name, as the control number
Ie
Player=0
Spset Player, yourspriteimage, 0, 0, 0, 0, 16, 16

and for this part: Fourth is the horizontal rotation, and fifth is the vertical rotation
Say that you have a sprite that's facing left, and you don't have a sprite animation for them walking right but you do for left.
You can simply redo your spset, with the flipped sprite value set to 1
The fourth and fifth parameters ie numbers of SPSET are boolean only.
So you can have them set to 0, or 1
Hopefully that helps.
Also (vertical as 1 ) that's the fifth parameter would cause the sprite to be upside down

The width and height are VERY important if you're going to use sprites that are larger than 16 X 16 pixels
if you look inside ptc's help under sprites, you'll see a whole table showing you what each sprite is (the default ones) and what
their image numbers are.
Hope this helps.

you really helped me a lot thanks! I think what I needed was asking in this forum its really annoying when I find a guide that explains something but it doesn't have a lot of details or use programming language that I don't understand, now I have another question if you could help me hehe, can you teach me how to use buttons? I don't understand at all and I have seen some guides and I don't understand which command should I use BUTTON or BTRIG
thanks for the help

zeldafoursword

Francis333

Can someone give me a tutorial on how to make a bg using data

Francis333

3DS Friend Code: 1676-4500-0150 | Nintendo Network ID: ilovecopper

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic