Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 9,161 to 9,180 of 9,620

Discostew

InsertPi wrote:

I just received great news for the object-oriented programmers:

Petit Computer 3D/Puchikon 3 will bring with it user-defined functions and encapsuling (local variables)!

That is some great news! Juggling around variable names in large projects has been a problem with my project, resulting in having to make longer names with specific beginning characters for each function set.

.....You better not be lying or I will never speak to you again!

I hope they improved on the variable assignment process. That is so costly in the current version. Also like to see some more C/C++ type of operators, like ++ and +=. I hate having to call the same variable again if all I want to do is add to or subtract from it. We should at least see an improvement with numbers because the current PTC has to convert back and forth from fixed-point and floating-point without an FPU.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Gimmemorecoinz

This is an interesting little project I'm not sure if there's a wikia page on it yet but I'll share it here. Petit Computer Fake Chat. alpha 0.00. YES
I did it.
This is only a sample of what is to come. Palletes will be improved and so on.
I hope to make it entertaining (and add variety)

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Gimmemorecoinz

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

This is an interesting little project I'm not sure if there's a wikia page on it yet but I'll share it here. Petit Computer Fake Chat. alpha 0.00. YES
I did it.
This is only a sample of what is to come. Palletes will be improved and so on.
I hope to make it entertaining (and add variety)

annnd I put a page up on wikia... so here:
http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/PTC_Fake_Chat

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

LeviCelJir

@bigdog00 I'm not gonna lie to you. I'm actually working on a quick project other than Rayspace. By the rate it's getting complete it should be done soon. So don't worry. In a week I should be able to continue work on Rayspace. If you want to check my other game look here: http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Don%27t_Starve_PTC

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

Discostew

@LeviCelJir Something about this doesn't seem right...

"Drawable screen dimensions are 300 x 190 x 120." (X*Y*Z)

The 3DS utilizes a 400x240x2 screen on top and a 320x240 screen on the bottom. By saying it is 300x190, it won't fill either screen, and already that 190 is less than the vertical resolution of the DS/i.

Discostew

Traulight

How similar are SmileBASIC and BASIC? Like, If you knew BASIC would it make it easier to program in SmileBASIC?

Traulight

Discostew

Traulight wrote:

How similar are SmileBASIC and BASIC? Like, If you knew BASIC would it make it easier to program in SmileBASIC?

There are some differences, but nothing too drastic to make it hard to understand.

Discostew

SmokedSausage

@randomous I really, REALLY hate to put this here, but brian just blocked me infinitely on the wiki for intimidating behavior. You can look in the logs, I did not do anything except try to get him to realize what he is doing is wrong. I hate to give out orders, but will you please put up a thread for the demodding of Brian. He is out of control and it can only get worse from here.

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

TexMurphy

I have a 32x32 sprite that has SPHOME at the center bottom of the sprite and a 200 percent scale. I have another sprite that is 16x16. If the small sprite is over the top part of the larger sprite on the screen, why doesn't SPHITSP register 1? This has to do with Mortal Kombat. A character kicks high and a sprite is placed where his/her foot is. If the sprite is over the face of the opponent it should register as a hit. Does the scaling have an affect on the SPHITSP area. Or what about the SPHOME?

TexMurphy

Discostew

@TexMurphy Both the "home" and collision box are separately based on the origin of the sprite. Changing one does not retroactively change the other. You'll have to use SPCOL to change this. While you're at it, use SPCOL to also designate the sprite you plan to scale to have the collision box scale with it as well, as I believe that doesn't get set initially with SPSET.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

randomous

@SmokedSausage It's fixed.

Sorry for putting this on here, I just didn't want SmokedSausage to think I was ignoring him.

In other news, if the "facts" reported on PTC3D are true, it'll be much easier to write large programs. Of course, who knows what's true and what's not? I guess we'll have to wait until an official English report is given.

randomous

Discostew

One of the first thing I plan to do with PTC3D is port my project to it and see just how much faster it is. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that by releasing MM2PTC (whenever that happens) prior to getting PTC3D in NA but after Japan gets it would mean someone else may attempt the port. I won't delay it because of that, but I'd prefer to port it myself.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

SmokedSausage

@randomous I still can't do anything and it still says i'm blocked. Not that anyone cares at all, sorry but this is my only way of communication.
I still don't think you have thge entire story. Brian blocked me infinitely. Please do something about him because it's only getting worse. The only things i said were trying to get him to stop being the way that he is being, because it is NO WAY for an admin to act at all. I'm just going to make the demod thread myself I guess. The thing is, when I banned Lumage for 6 months because he said something mean, you proposed that I get banned. Brian blocks me infinitely and nothing is done. He really needs to stop thinking that the wiki is his and he can do whatever he wants with it. All I'm asking you to do is take action because it only gets worse.

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

Eel

Discostew wrote:

One of the first thing I plan to do with PTC3D is port my project to it and see just how much faster it is. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that by releasing MM2PTC (whenever that happens) prior to getting PTC3D in NA but after Japan gets it would mean someone else may attempt the port. I won't delay it because of that, but I'd prefer to port it myself.

It may not sound very original, but I will probably spend my first months with Petit Computer 3D "porting" at least some of my games

Can't wait to see how different it really is.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

damolii

Traulight wrote:

So, I've been testing different methods of movement coding for my game. I tried making it so on the first loop it loads all the sprites and stuff and will keep going back to the loop until you press, lets say, the left button on the D-pad, then it goes to a new loop that does the same thing but places the sprite/sprites one or two pixels to the left if you pressed the left button so it looks like you are moving. That method requires way too much patience and time and isn't necessary. Does anyone have any explanation short or long on a good method of movement? I know it's asking a lot but I might as well ask, cause I'm really new to this.

I'm not an expert either, but my movement moves the background and everything else other than the "main" sprite. It uses BGOFS and trigonometry. I didn't come up with the complete concept of mine, but.. yeah

On another note, it seems I will be missing PTC 3D since I don't have a 3DS

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

randomous

@Discostew @Morphtorok Yeah, redoing some of our old games will probably be a good way to get a feel for the new system (even if it's not any different, we'll at least find out that it's not).

@SmokedSausage I just checked, and Brian unbanned you quite a while ago. He also apologized on your wall.

randomous

Discostew

Be aware that porting PTC projects have a little side-effect. You're going from 2 256x192 screens to 1 400x240 + 1 320x240 screen. I realized that as I was planning how I would port my stuff over. I already see myself having to make a layer to put over everything with a window in the middle to show only 256x192.

I was going to port my stuff in 2 stages, testing speed after each one. The first would be simply copy/paste the code and fix any functions that may be different. The second would be an overhaul, taking advantage of the features of PTC3D, like user-made function that utilize local variables.

Discostew

Eel

By porting I actually meant remaking. Since my games arent exactly complex, I think it could be easier to make the game again with the new format.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic