Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 8,921 to 8,940 of 9,620

Mariominer

On it-oh, for anyone who wants to know how I'm going to make the redstone run, it's going to use a loop that will find the connection in redstone that's not connecting to where the charge just came from-in other words it searches for new wire using the array I mentioned earlier red like this:

IF RED(CHX,CHY+1)==1 THEN CHY=CHY+1:BACKY=CHY-1:BACKX=CHX

Notes: CHX is the charges x location, CHY is the charge's y location, BACKX and BACKY are the previous coordinates x and y respectively. Unfortunately, this method ONLY SUPPORTS ONE CHARGE. I'll probably eventually modify it to support the three way and two way, but not now. For now it stays to be a priority system. AKA a system that takes one direction over the other, kind of like the Minecraft South-West rule (or is it South-East now?).
@Zane-dude, Please delete 2 of your triple-posts. I wouldn't normally say that, but they're all the same.

Edited on by Mariominer

Like a boss? Please, I AM a boss. You're welcome

3DS Friend Code: 1543-5315-3818 | Nintendo Network ID: Storybookten9

T-bender

@IIAmAPersson can u tell me where I can find the v2 PreRelease, PLEASE? I wanna test it.

Progress:
Alarm Clock (PTC) 75% done
Shooter w/o a name yet (PTC) 0,01% done Xd

Mariominer

I have it working-all I have to do is put in a couple of IF statements, some PRINT commands, and boom, a redstone proof-of-concept. Maybe I'll post the code, but It'd have to be source code. It works, because I tested it by locating the source of you and subtracting the location of the charge. It showed more than 0, so it worked. Because it's a system of priority, it'll have to NOT PASS A CHARGE THROUGH THE LAMPS! It'll work where it will detect that it's nearby, and turn it on.

Hairmanban19

@Zane-dude you just triple posted... Please delete two of those posts. You also double posted on the QR code sharing forum. Thanks in advance -Hairmanban19

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

TexMurphy

Posted "most-likely-final" SOPA Italian Card Game on the qr forum. I can finally say I completed a game. Now what should I work on?

TexMurphy

Mariominer

YES!!! I just tested my redstone proof-of-concept, and it worked. Because of the priority thing and the fact that the charge can be in only one place, the lever is more like a button. Also, if you create a wire like this:
W=wire
L=lever
R=redstone lamp
A=air
AWWR
LWAA
AWWR
It will only light one at a time, and go only one direction. I still can't believe it worked! I need to go optimize it so that it can read the end of a circuit and go back to the editor.
EDIT: Hmmm… Wait a second. The way it would have to work, it would count the wire it just came through! I just made it with a button.

Edited on by Mariominer

Mariominer

Ok. Now that I have the testing done, can anyone come up with the next item for me to implement? This Time I'll take ANY ITEM FROM THE REDSTONE CATEGORY except things dependent on blocks, like hoppers, comparators, ect. Any help will be appreciated.

InsertPi

Minecraft DS Beta 2.0.0 Prerelease 2 can be found on its PTC Wikia page.

The menu MML is from Randomous. I'm sure he'd be okay with it. I don't have the QRs though. I APPENDed and deleted the original file. :/

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

TobuKatsu

@DiscoStew Sorry to bother you, but, COL wont PKG at all. Randomouse couldnt help either, he said he used 9 Fs to PKG it but it still didnt PKG.

3DS FC : 4613 - 7463 - 3640
我的名字是TobuKatsu。Меня зовут ТобуКатсу. 私の名前はトブカツです。나는 이름을 케이린 입니다.
很高兴认识你。Очень приятно. よろしくお願いします。 만나서 반가워요.

randomous

Oy @Discostew, I need your help. I want to save the colors that I set when I package a program, but for some reason, they're not getting packaged. For instance, I'll load a color palette:

LOAD "COL1:WHATEVER"

Then I'll try to save a program using the package string:

SAVE "MYPROG", "04000"

But the colors won't get saved. I've even gone to the extreme and tried to save everything

SAVE "MYPROG", "FFFFFFFFF"

But still it won't work. Do you have any wisdom on this subject?

Edit: Oops, looks like Tobu already asked. Sorry about that.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Discostew

Well, I ran into a problem with it not loading when I first began testing it, but now I'm not. Then again, it began working after I tested it in "View Gallery", then later in "Write Program" right after. When you first load in a COL, are you making sure the BGPAGE or SPPAGE are also set to the correct page when you load?

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Mariominer

So… can anyone recommend a strategy for my redstone simulator? I am thinking to do another item-but I'll leave that up to you. Also, I want to package a custom text file to design the redstone and the lever, so it doesn't look like a key. Suggestions? Comments?

TobuKatsu

@DiscoStew im not using bgpage or sppage at all, so wouldnt it be default top screen?

Discostew

TobuKatsu wrote:

@DiscoStew im not using bgpage or sppage at all, so wouldnt it be default top screen?

Even though COLx refers to the top page (while COLxL is for the bottom), PTC has a funny way of handling such loading and setting of data from what I can tell. While not touching BGPAGE or SPPAGE may still allow some things to point to the upper screen, I don't think everything does. By default, it could be some odd value like -1 upon initialization instead of either 0 or 1, but we can't tell because that is not readable.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

batchstan

Hey guys! I'm working on some sort of top down space game (I don't really know where its going). So far I've made the controls and map loading. I'm having trouble deciding how to limit the ship's speed however. It uses a newtonian style control scheme so if I were just to cap the speed then I feel like there would be some strange effects when the play changes velocities. Any suggestions for this? Or should I just allow the player to reach excessive speeds?

batchstan

TobuKatsu

@DiscoStew So, do I put BGPAGE and SPPAGE at the beggining of my code and then save?

T-bender

@Mariominer can you make minecarts? Or just the rails, so that any object can move on it... M=MineCart rail

LMAA
WMAA
WMAA
WRAA - a redstone rail with a redstone lamp at the end

Progress:

Mariominer

@T-bender, Ok. That should be simple enough, and I'll use the idea of allowing redstone lamps to travel on the rail, because mine carts would have no purpose as there is no player.
Edit: I'm currently experiencing an odd glitch where the redstone lamps replace the rails.
EXAMPLE:
S=switch
R=rail
L=lamp
A=air
SLRRR
AAAAR
AAAAR
Will become
SLLRL
AAAAR
AAAAL
So it replaces every other rail with a lamp.

Edited on by Mariominer

LeviCelJir

@bigdog00 When are you going to give me the qrs? I want to continue work on it.

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

T-bender

@LeviCelJir as I said before, I can't scan your RaySpace engine because the resolution of the QR image is too low... I was trying to make the shooter from the original Raycast engine, but that would be a waste of time if I can use your code Xd

Progress:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic