Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 881 to 900 of 9,620

GrabSomeEyes

steriaca wrote:

@grabsomeeyes : Looking forward to your Risk homage.

Thanks, it might be a while though, balancing it with school and all.
I just got Pokemon White II today so that'll overtake my life for a while.

Eos OS: http://conlogxl.forumotion.com/t12-eos-os-v10
3DS FC: 3695-0514-5044

Sprite

Sprite wrote:

Same thing happened to me fixed my L R BUT NOT CAMERAS

Don't be. The wait music was funny though. it played LoZ music
EDIT : I meant to type in quotes for GRABSOMEEYES

Edited on by Sprite

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens.
Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

GrabSomeEyes

Well. I like what I've done so far.
Kind of skeptical about whether or not I'll be able to figure out how to get the game to work though.
Maybe I should play Risk... I've never played it. That might help.
Edit: This post was originally meant to be an update on how the graphics are turning out. It's a map. It's static. Nothing really interesting. Lots of BGPUT. Yeah.
Edit:
Completion status: Background (map), title screen.
Now for the fun part. Coding in real game mechanics... yay.

Edited on by GrabSomeEyes

portealmario

Do you have any story suggestions for me? I am having a problem thinking of a story

meng 😐
3ds friend code:1762-2769-7142

steriaca

My Program Updates:

Lady & Tiger: Done and waiting for my next free day to create and put up QRs.

Heads Or Tailes: Much like Lady & Tiger, done. Might take longer to create QRs for.

Color Demo: Done. Pondering if I should QR it...might be useful to new programers.

Lady & Tiger + (name pending): An advance version of Lady & Tiger, with 2 Tigers, and ways to deal with them. Unwriten.

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

GrabSomeEyes

I'm having a little bit of trouble... with the title screen.
So, I want the "Press Start!" text to flash, as of right now it disappears each 2/3rds (WAIT 40) of a second after it reappears (also occurring at 2/3rds of a second), but that kind of interferes with my actual title screen controls, which are just:
@TITLECON
B=BUTTON()
IF (B AND 1024) GOTO @MENU
@TITLECON
(I have other coding and whatnot around and within this area, but that's all the coding I need for the controls, the WAIT commands coming before would slow the controls down and make them unresponsive if I implemented them in the control area, and the text won't flash if I don't put anything in the control area).
Anybody know a way around this? I'm thinking about just leaving it static to make it easier to code.

KiwiFruit

GrabSomeEyes wrote:

So, I want the "Press Start!" text to flash, as of right now it disappears each 2/3rds (WAIT 40) of a second after it reappears (also occurring at 2/3rds of a second), but that kind of interferes with my actual title screen controls, which are just:
@TITLECON
B=BUTTON()
@TITLECON

You want to have a counter that count down from 60. And then a condition set, "if count<=40 then locate 8,11: print "press start". Then another to erase the press start. "if count>=41 then locate 8,11: print " ". Then reset the counter back to 60 if it reach 0, "if count<=0 then count=60". Then add count=count-1. All that goes in the loop. Oh, vsync 1 is require to keep at 60 fps. Without that in a loop, the game will be very fast. wait and vsync are similar to each other.
So this program should look more like.
count=60
@TITLECON
B=BUTTON()
count=count-1
if count<=40 then locate 8,11: print "press start"
if count>=41 then locate 8,11: print " "
if count<=0 then count=60
vsync 1
@TITLECON

There's 100 character in one line so I like to pile command after the then. Like IF 3>0 THEN COUNT=COUNT-1: INVINCIBLITY=50: PRINT"YOU ARE INVINCIBLE!!!". The : allows you to type more command on that line.

Hopes that helps.

EDIT: I might have the > and < messed up. If it isn't work able, you can switch the > < signs/

Edited on by KiwiFruit

KiwiFruit

petiSnail

GrabSomeEyes wrote:

@TITLECON
B=BUTTON()
@TITLECON

@L
B=BUTTON()

IF MAINCNTL%30<20 THEN ? "PRESS START"

VSYNC 1:CLS
GOTO @L
There you go. You can vary the '30' and '20' for different flash timing. Good luck with your project

Edited on by petiSnail

petiSnail

GrabSomeEyes

Alright, thanks a lot for your help guys!
I'll try them out in just a bit.
Edit: I tried each of them, @KiwiFruit I think I understood yours better but I couldn't get it to work exactly like I wanted it to, probably my fault overall.
@petiSnail I ended up going with your method, with a little tinkering it was just like I wanted it to be.
Now I've got the menus down so I should be onto actual gameplay soon.

Edited on by GrabSomeEyes

KiwiFruit

I'm happy that his advice help you. I didn't know about the %(remainer) function yet and how to use it. I know about the MAINCNTL, which keeps track how many frames have elapsed. Happy programming!

KiwiFruit

pHUNTERq

Hey people, I just made an account to post here. After seeing all the cool things people have made, I decided I should stop stalking this thread and join in on the fun. So it's time for me to come out of the darkness and share what I made using this awesome tool I made a Zelda type game, it's nothing much really, more like a toy, but if you want to try it out, I'm going to post it in the QR thread.

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8964-7467

petiSnail

Couple of updates from SmileBoom:

1. SmileBoom has updated their official NA site with a Q&A. Its not much, but at least they're still alive and kicking ^^
http://www.petitcomputer.com/qanda/
2. Also, They have updated the Japanese version to 2.3 (bugfixes mainly). No word if we're getting it.
http://tinyurl.com/9juuhue

Edited on by petiSnail

petiSnail

MushroomCooCoo

I am starting to work on a game and my movement is good but for some reason not all of my animations work right. And does anyone know how to make it not play the loading noise? Please help!

My program is as follows:

CLS:CLEAR
LOAD"SPU1:MAIN",FALSE
SPSET 1,64,0,0,0,0
SPSCALE 1,160,1
A=68
@START
GOSUB @MOVE
GOSUB @ANIM
GOTO @START
@MOVE
BT=BUTTON()
IF (BT AND 1) THEN AY=AY-3:A=76
IF (BT AND 2) THEN AY=AY+3:A=68
IF (BT AND 4) THEN AX=AX-3:A=72
IF (BT AND 8) THEN AX=AX+3:A=64
IF (BT AND 5) THEN AY=AY-3:AX=AX-3:A=72
IF (BT AND 9) THEN AY=AY-3:AX=AX+3:A=64
IF (BT AND 6) THEN AY=AY+3:AX=AX-3:A=72
IF (BT AND 10) THEN AY=AY+3:AX=AX+3:A=64
IF (BT AND 0) THEN AY=AY+0:AX=AX+0
IF AX<8 THEN AX=8
IF AX>220 THEN AX=220
IF AY<8 THEN AY=8
IF AY>150 THEN AY=150
VSYNC 5
RETURN
@ANIM
SPCHR 1,A
SPANIM 1,4,5
SPOFS 1,AX,AY,20
VSYNC 5
RETURN

Thanks 8'D

MushroomCooCoo

Discostew

@MushroomCooCoo

Can you be a little more specific as to how your animations are not working right? SYSBEEP=FALSE can help you with that loading sound, but be sure to turn it back on afterwards.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

MushroomCooCoo

@Discostew

For some reason my up, down and diagnal down left won't display while the rest work properly. I don't see any reason for these to not work though, am I missing something?

MushroomCooCoo

Discostew

Oh, I think I know what the problem might be. I've ran into it myself. When doing the comparison for the buttons, you need to understand one thing. IF statements only know TRUE or FALSE, with TRUE being a value other than 0, and FALSE being only 0. When doing comparison statements using AND, it will check only those bits that match, and return those bits, which form a value. If any of those bits are set, then the IF statement will consider the statement TRUE.

Take a look at "IF (BT AND 5) THEN.....". You made that to check if you are pressing up and left. However, 5 is equivalent to if it was the statement 1 OR 4, not necessarily 1+4. What this means is that if you press UP or LEFT (1 or 4), the statement becomes true, and the code is executed, even though that isn't what you want. To fix this, simply add after the parenthesis "==5" to form "IF (BT AND 5)==5 THEN...". It will then check if the value is exactly if you pressed UP and LEFT, instead of UP or LEFT. If you do this will all of your button comparisons, it will prevent doing multiple stuff (like if you are pressing UP and LEFT, it won't also execute the code relates to if you only pressed UP since UP is part of the pressed buttons that form the UP/LEFT diagonal).

And just for the sake of convenience, you don't need the comparison at the end where IF (BT AND 0), because in either case, it does nothing.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

bloodofgore

This is a nooby question, but how do I set the variables for data? Another question, I'm creating a puzzle game using text graphic, how do I make something appear, and stay there without being erased? Is there something else I need to use to set sprites other than PRINT? Just a bit confuzzled.

bloodofgore

bloodofgore

A little update on my programs...

Vype
~~~~~~~
Added
-Notepad
-Calculator
-Minecraft Wiki
-Ability to change background image
-Turn music on and off
-Petit Pet
-Touch the touchscreen and hold for 3 seconds to go back to the menu (Unless said otherwise)
Planned
~~~~~~~~~
-Drumset
-Custom Backgrounds
-Set shortcuts
-Coding referance

Troint
~~~~~~~
Planned

-Custom music
-Custom maps
-Custom character (don't know if possible, don't expect this )
-Add and remove blocks (no it is not a minecraft/terraria clone, it is a puzzle game)
-Physics
-Storyline
-All sprites will be the default text sprites besides the character. (So you can has custom character)
-2 Player wireless play (it will show speed and score by sending files to your friend near you, unless if sending a file keeps sending the file in the steam and you can keep playing while sending the data, being side by side during the game will not be possible)

And that is so far all.

bloodofgore

MushroomCooCoo

I know this may make me sound really dumb but I need total background help. Like what is the best type of background? How do I put them in my game? How can I make them scroll like in a zelda game? And anything else I may need to know.

I am making a Zelda like game called Sword of Legends (or something like that) (name suggestions welcome). Don't worry, when I have it done I will post the qr codes right here so you can enjoy the fruits of your labor.

MushroomCooCoo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic