Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 8,761 to 8,780 of 9,620

BonChoi

Wow I haven't been on here in a while. So... I'm going to make an OS. The OS will not be like any OS out there. It will be a "simulation" of MS-DOS pre-5.0.
Any thoughts?

Programmer for Minecraft DS!

Press B!

randomous

I just wanted to say thanks to those of you who used my QR Stitcher program! It makes me feel good that other people are getting use out of my program.

I've been wanting to add better functionality to the stitcher ever since I made it nearly 9 months ago. I finally got around to it after seeing @Moorpheel's resources in separate files... it made me realize that many many programs have multiple resources, and it seems like they're either always on separate sheets or manually placed together. So now the stitcher can stitch multiple resources into a single image! Here's an example: https://db.tt/YsLftf0j

This means that if you have the QR codes for sprites, colors, the program, etc all in separate folders, you'll be able to mash them all up into a single image instead of having separate ones for each resource. It even automatically creates subtitles based on the name of the directory, so there's literally no work involved beyond choosing the directory. You can choose to place the resources on separate lines if you don't like them all jumbled up as well. It also names the files based on the given title, so no more "qrstitch1.png" every time. On top of all that, it doesn't care about the QR code size anymore, so you can stitch together the mismatched sizes that PTC Utilities produces.

I really hope you can get much more use out of it than before!

http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Petit_Computer_QR_Stitcher

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Pixelrobin

Wow thanks randomous!

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

InsertPi

I hadn't a clue that PTC had the memory to do this...
Untitled

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

randomous

@Bluerobin2 @Moorpheel Thanks! If anybody actually uses it and has some suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

Edit: @IAmAPersson Yeah, I'm always surprised by how much memory Petit Computer has too. It's not like it's a lot, but I always expect the system to complain every time I make a new array. For instance, I just added a 100,000 sized array on top of the hundred thousand other array spots, and I would have bet money that it would have pushed me over the limit. But it didn't, so yay!

Edited on by randomous

randomous

SmokedSausage

IAmAPersson wrote:

I hadn't a clue that PTC had the memory to do this...

"They're comin' right fer us!"

Anyway lol, @Leviceljir just helped me out with SURVIVE. he added quite a bit of new things and improvements...So here is a 1.5 Changelog.

What Levi did:
Animal AI, bears, aquirable pets, Craftable jetpacks and [strike]Cars[/strike] . Oh and you can attack in both directions now.

What i did:
Added shotguns, throwing stars, storage crates, better day/night cycle (Thanks @Randomous), fixed a saving/loading bug, added easy modding support, addded a "Developer mode", animal traps and that's it.
Just tweaking up a few things then i will bug test and in a couple days (Hopefully) SURVIVE 1.5 will be out!

[EDIT] Well, I was working on SURVIVE a little bit and well....Let's just say i got bored of fixing bugs. You can now go inside your shelter.
Untitled

Shelters currently generate a bed (Now required to save your game) and three storage crates.

Edited on by SmokedSausage

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

Hairmanban19

@Hansausage wow! You're getting some great progress on SURVIVE. @Morpheel i downloaded Petit Forest yesterday and i've had a bit of fun with it so far! The sprites are nice too!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

ZombieChiggers

hey everyone it has been a VERY VERY long time. how is it going and ive got a new idea for a program-text based pac man where you can talk to the ghosts!

Cameron Stover VVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALSO VVVVVVVV and i like trains (BOOM!) also minecraft and trollface!
INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

3DS Friend Code: 4854-7026-5042

InsertPi

@Randomous I recently was able to add 256x256 maps to Minecraft DS, on top of memory for 99+ slime AI slots, all the textures, and tons of other miscellanious data.

Also, I created a prime number generator in PTC! It calculates and displays all primes from 2 to 520,000 and displays them. It takes about 10-15 minutes to do the whole cycle however. The PC version calculates from 2 to 18+ quintillion (ulong integer), so if abyone wants either of the programs, just ask!

One more thing. Minecraft DS Beta 2.0.0 is about to add survival after a bunch of other added things. Since survival implementation will take a WHILE, I've made the decision to release to the general public Minecraft DS Beta 2.0.0 Prerelease 1! Yous should have the QRs by tomorrow. CHANGELOG:

• Started translations. So far: English, German (Deutsch)
  • New menus! Thanks to @TwinArmageddons and @LeviCelJir !
  • New gamemode! Troll Mode. Spawns 100 slimes. Survive as long as you can. If you touch a slime, it executes CrashPTC. Don't hate me! That's why it's called Troll Mode.
  • Advanced world creation

Any and all feedback is appreciated!

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

LeviCelJir

IAmAPersson wrote:

@Randomous I recently was able to add 256x256 maps to Minecraft DS, on top of memory for 99+ slime AI slots, all the textures, and tons of other miscellanious data.

Also, I created a prime number generator in PTC! It calculates and displays all primes from 2 to 520,000 and displays them. It takes about 10-15 minutes to do the whole cycle however. The PC version calculates from 2 to 18+ quintillion (ulong integer), so if abyone wants either of the programs, just ask!

One more thing. Minecraft DS Beta 2.0.0 is about to add survival after a bunch of other added things. Since survival implementation will take a WHILE, I've made the decision to release to the general public Minecraft DS Beta 2.0.0 Prerelease 1! Yous should have the QRs by tomorrow. CHANGELOG:

• Started translations. So far: English, German (Deutsch)
  • New menus! Thanks to @TwinArmageddons and @LeviCelJir !
  • New gamemode! Troll Mode. Spawns 100 slimes. Survive as long as you can. If you touch a slime, it executes CrashPTC. Don't hate me! That's why it's called Troll Mode.
  • Advanced world creation

Any and all feedback is appreciated!

I want to use troll mode yet i dont yet i do

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

InsertPi

Oops! Forgot to add to the changelog:

• New map sizes! 128x128 and 256x256! NOTE: Terrain generation on these is messed up. They are also not saveable due to their massive size.

Mariominer

@Bluerobin2, nice work on Flappy Bird PTC Edition!

Like a boss? Please, I AM a boss. You're welcome

3DS Friend Code: 1543-5315-3818 | Nintendo Network ID: Storybookten9

Slayer

I'm working on sprites for Ghost Scrolls. How big are sprites in PTC?
This is all I need to know, then I can start working on the sprites.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

TexMurphy

@Slayer Sprites are 16x16 pixels standard. BUT, they can be create bigger as long as they fall into one of the formats shown in the manual. Found under Basic Sprite - Rules for Storing Sprites. Then they can be SPSCALED up or down in your program. SPSET with two more parameters can change the width and height of the sprite to match the one you've created.

Edited on by TexMurphy

TexMurphy

Slayer

TexMurphy wrote:

@Slayer Sprites are 16x16 pixels standard. BUT, they can be create bigger as long as they fall into one of the formats shown in the manual. Found under Basic Sprite - Rules for Storing Sprites. Then they can be SPSCALED up or down in your program. SPSET with two more parameters can change the width and height of the sprite to match the one you've created.

Thanks, I'll get on it right now.
Is there a way to erase one individual sprite but keep everything else on-screen? Thanks in advance.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Arn0ld

I know I'm very late(and haven't posted in a while) but props to @bluerobin2 for his excellent flappy bird port

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic