Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 8,681 to 8,700 of 9,620

TobuKatsu

i cant think of any conversations or conversation starters for my program, what would all youz say to start a conversation?

3DS FC : 4613 - 7463 - 3640
我的名字是TobuKatsu。Меня зовут ТобуКатсу. 私の名前はトブカツです。나는 이름을 케이린 입니다.
很高兴认识你。Очень приятно. よろしくお願いします。 만나서 반가워요.

Pixelrobin

So I finished Flapp Bird: PTC Edition! Yay! I had to scratch the idea of game modes because this "Small" program takes up 370 lines and I don't feel like working on it any more. The game has many resources to load so I decided to save it as a package.

The problem is that I've never saved anything as a package.

I know that it goes something like SAVE "NAMEHERE",hex string w/ 4 characters. I need to know what to put in "hex string". What do I hex? Program names? A simple search revealed Discostew's tutorial of which I've personally found confusing. So @Discostew or someone else, can you help me?

I need to package the following (in order loaded):
COL0 (Bottom Screen) - "FBGUICOL"
BGU0 (Bottom Screen) - "FBGUI"
COL2 (Bottom Screen) - "FBGRPCL2"
GRP1 - "FBSCRN1"
COL2 - "FBGRPCOL"
GRP0 - "FBSCRN0"
COL0 - "FBBGCOL"
COL1 - "FBSPRCOL"
BGU0 - "FBTILES"
BGU1 - "FBLOGO"
SPU0 - "FBSPRITE"

..And the program itself is called "FLAPBIRD"

Thanks in advance!

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

T-bender

I have 2 questions:

1. Is there any way to use the TALK command?
Maybe if I change the sfx, I can make words. But how?

2. How to save images and screens within my PRG?

If you want to download Zelda Four Swords in the eShop, you can only download today (sunday)... They re-released the game for a limited time in North America only, not in Europe

Progress:
Alarm Clock (PTC) 75% done
Shooter w/o a name yet (PTC) 0,01% done Xd

steriaca

I just watched a YouTube video about video games staring the Angry Video Game Nerd. Anybody thinking of makeing a Petit Computer game with James Roth's iconic charater?

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

T-bender

@steriaca Angry Video Game Nerd is funny! I've watched a lot of videos from him...

Hey! I have great news! A Flipnote Hatena remake by SudoFox.
Grab your DSi and go to settings, internet, advanced settings and set up your connection. Now tap it and change settings. tap -> until you see proxy settings. tap on yes, change and type in 'www.sudomemo.tk' and change port into 80. Now save it and go to Flipnote Studio and connect to Hatena...

Progress:
Alarm Clock (PTC) 75% done
Shooter w/o a name yet (PTC) 0,01% done Xd

bigdog00

damolii wrote:

bigdog00 wrote:

I think because I already have a top down zombies game that I will make a top down Black Ops 2 clone for petit computer. I will have 7 guns and 3 killstreak rewards by the end of today or tommorow. (B23R, Tac-45, Swat 556, MP7, Remington 870, Vector K10, LSAT) (Hellstorm missile (Called a HailStorm missile in this game), RC-XD, and an AGR). Also, I plan to have up to 2 bots (your choice of regular or veteran, and Nuketown 2025 as a map. Anyone second this?

Don't take this the wrong way, @bigdig00, but FPSs and simple programming languages don't necessarily mix. It's hard to synthesize the two, but I guess you feel up to it.....

No, I already tried to make an FPS and it wasn't good at all (Halo DS or Space Ops) and then I made a half decent FPS that I never released. I meant it would be top down, and it is. I need help with the bots, though, if anyone would. This could be a community project because I suck at programming good games. Also, My bro wanted to make an fps with the ray caster engine. please help or explain that to me.

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

bigdog00

I have another question. For those of you who play black ops (1 or 2), the bots not only fight you, but the other bots. How do I check if the player is closer than a bot to another bot or vice versa? (this is top down so there is an x and a y for each player). I need to know for the bots to fight each other. there will only be 2. I have a general idea, but I can't figure out why it's not working.

Edited on by bigdog00

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

Discostew

bigdog00 wrote:

I have another question. For those of you who play black ops (1 or 2), the bots not only fight you, but the other bots. How do I check if the player is closer than a bot to another bot or vice versa? (this is top down so there is an x and a y for each player). I need to know for the bots to fight each other. there will only be 2. I have a general idea, but I can't figure out why it's not working.

Distance formula.

http://www.purplemath.com/modules/distform.htm

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Hamjam00

Johnathan_L wrote:

i'm @bigdog00 step-bro. i'm working on JOS-PRO-2.05

Hey j, what does JOS do? i still havent gotten it from dylan lol

Python, C/C++, Lua, Ruby rule (java is too complex lol)

Twitter:

Johnathan_L

dose anyone have ideas for JOS-PRO-2.05?

Johnathan_L

Johnathan_L

Hamjam00 wrote:

Johnathan_L wrote:

i'm @bigdog00 step-bro. i'm working on JOS-PRO-2.05

Hey j, what does JOS do? i still havent gotten it from dylan lol

it is an OS that is better than iOS7! dirp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on by Johnathan_L

Johnathan_L

twinArmageddons

http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Mystery_Dung...
there's only 6 dungeons 4 pokemon and one boss fight atm. on the 5th floor of temporal tower you fight 4 sableyes and dialga.
i haven't added moves yet, and each pokemon's stats are randomized.
the dungeon generation is terrible atm, i'm trying to figure out how to make it generate dungeons similar to the game :/
any feedback is appreciated
Untitled

Edited on by twinArmageddons

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

InsertPi

To whomever asked about the TALK command:

The TALK command was only implemented in the Japanese Version of Petit Computer: Puchikon. The command doesn't cause a syntax error because it's easier on the programmers to just have it do nothing than to completely remove the command.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

twinArmageddons

CLEAR:FOR I=0TO 1B=BUTTON()CLS:LOCATE X,Y:?"o":X=X+((B AND 8)/16)-((B AND 4)/8)+((X<1)/2)-(X>29)
PNLTYPE"OFF"Y=Y+((B AND 2)/4)-((B AND 1)/2)+((Y<1)/2)-((Y>21)/2)VSYNC 1I=0NEXT
moving ball in two lines

PTCRL

I'm also wondering, how do i use print to display text on the lower screen? For the life of me, I can't seem to figure it out.

Sincerely,

PTCRL

PTCRL

twinArmageddons

PNLSTR x,y,"text",colour
example:
PNLSTR 10,10,"hi i like meemoos :^)",0

Petitlife935

what by what is the grid on petit computer. like if i want to use the LOCATE command i need to know the y axis and the x axis

Petitlife935

Pixelrobin

@Petitlife295 for text characters and BG tiles, it's 31 by 23 (counting the 0) and for standard stuff (graphics, etc) its 255 by 191 (counting the 0).

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic