DSiWare Forum

Topic: Petit Computer

Showing 8,441 to 8,460 of 9,440

AuthorMessage

607jf

8,441. Posted:

Man im busy. @Persson Sweet!, 2.0 out Already?. Hey can I?, Jk I won't bother you I know you'r Busy. :P

Chao!, Nintendo, Need For Speed, Minecraft And More! 3Ds FC-4742-5514-6521.

AuthorMessage

LeviCelJir

8,442. Posted:

Does anyone know why this won't work?
PNLSTR 0,0,VARIABLE,0
I need it to work for a secret project (shhh)

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

AuthorMessage

InsertPi

8,443. Posted:

@leviceljir

PNLSTR 0,0,STR$(VARIABLE)

Main developer and programmer of Minecraft DS!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter: @PhilLovesPi

AuthorMessage

twinArmageddons

8,444. Posted:

is it possible to make a calculator that can handle really large numbers by using STR$() and VAL()?

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

AuthorMessage

randomous

8,445. Posted:

@twinArmageddons You couldn't VAL() a string if the value is larger than a Petit Computer decimal variable will hold (similarly, you can't STR$() a number which is larger than Petit Computer can handle). For instance, you couldn't do something like VAL("1234567"). However, if you wanted to, you could perform math on arbitrarily large numbers (and with arbitrarily precise decimals) if you stored the numbers as strings only and treated each character as a digit. You'd have to implement all the math yourself though.

randomous

AuthorMessage

JLMan

8,446. Posted:

twinArmageddons wrote:

is it possible to make a calculator that can handle really large numbers by using STR$() and VAL()?

Not that I know of. Unless you forgot about the VAL stuff in create a system that can add, subtract, multiply, and divide strings without using VAL. However, you could make a system that adds, subtracts, multiplies and divides numbers stored with variables ONES, TENS, HUNDREDS, until you reached a really high place i.g. trillions or higher.

You want to stop the rebelion of the Blue? Go ahead. Try. You already lost.

AuthorMessage

twinArmageddons

8,447. Posted:

randomous wrote:

However, if you wanted to, you could perform math on arbitrarily large numbers (and with arbitrarily precise decimals) if you stored the numbers as strings only and treated each character as a digit. You'd have to implement all the math yourself though.

that's what i meant, thanks. i may try making a calculator that does this later

AuthorMessage

Fadeintodust

8,448. Posted:

I've ran into a snag.
I want it so, that when the Y button is held, the instant up or down is pressed, a value will either go up or down.
IF (BUTTON AND 128) AND (BTRIG AND 1) seems to work, but not when trying to do the same for the down button.

Fadeintodust

AuthorMessage

Lego-Meister

8,449. Posted:

You could just do IF BTRIG AND 129 for up and IF BTRIG AND 130 for down.

Some programmers pride themselves on how many more lines of code they can write. I pride myself on how many less.

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1447-0455 | Nintendo Network ID: Legos-Meister

AuthorMessage

Fadeintodust

8,450. Posted:

Lego-Meister wrote:

You could just do IF BTRIG AND 129 for up and IF BTRIG AND 130 for down.

Doesn't quite work the way I want it to. It'll only change the value, if Y and Up or Down is pressed at the same time. I wanted it so that player could hold the Y button, and press up or down to change the value.

I have found a solution though.
IF {BUTTON() AND 128) + (BTRIG AND 1)==129
Seems to work fine. Although, I wonder if there's a better way to do this.

Fadeintodust

AuthorMessage

twinArmageddons

8,451. Posted:

Untitled
aot 3d, another distraction from my other projects :P
it uses 32x32 textures, and that weird thing in the back is a titan and it looks ugly from this distance
Edit: now you can choose between 8x8 16x16 or 32x32 textures to help with lag, and i started programming some 3dmg

Edited on by twinArmageddons

AuthorMessage

MechaPikachu

8,452. Posted:

@Fadeintodust have you tried something like "IF (BUTTON()==128) AND (BTRIG()==1) THEN VALUE =VALUE+1" and "IF (BUTTON()==128) AND (BTRIG==2) THEN VALUE=VALUE-1" on another line? If it's a trigger that you're looking to use, try setting another IF statement stating when a certain event will take place like, "IF VALUE=1 THEN {GOTO, GOSUB,or other command} ELSE {COMMAND}" and reset the value of your variable in a subroutine or in your main loop if needed.

These are not the codes you are looking for.

AuthorMessage

MechaPikachu

8,453. Posted:

@twinArmageddons glad to see someone is as obsessed with AoT as I am here. I had an idea to possibly create a simple, dumbed down version of Final Fantasy in the theme of AoT but I'm definitely not of that skill level yet.

AuthorMessage

damolii

8,454. Posted:

Yea... that. XD

Anyways I posted my entry for the contest. It's only music and PRINT. though......

P.S: It's called "Merry :)" including the ":)".

Edited on by damolii

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

8,455. Posted:

@randomous how do you control quarter, full and half notes in mml?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage

MechaPikachu

8,456. Posted:

@Bluerobin2 You need to place the number designating the length of the note after the name of the note in the MML.
Ex. B1 is a whole note, C2 is a half note, F#4 is a quarter, G8 is an eighth...etc, etc. Might I add, if you need to make a note last for two bars, you'll use "&" like "B1&B1" lasts for 8 counts.

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

8,457. Posted:

Oh thanks! I knew about the slur thought ;)

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage

MechaPikachu

8,458. Posted:

@Bluerobin2 You're welcome! And I was just adding it in just in case.

AuthorMessage

twinArmageddons

8,459. Posted:

MechaPikachu wrote:

@twinArmageddons glad to see someone is as obsessed with AoT as I am here. I had an idea to possibly create a simple, dumbed down version of Final Fantasy in the theme of AoT but I'm definitely not of that skill level yet.

i thought i was the only one :D
if you like aot then you should try aottg ;)
http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Attack_on_Titan_Tribute_Game
[shameless advertising]

AuthorMessage

Slayer

8,460. Posted:

MCDS lag reduction? I downloaded 1.9 and my FPS is about 1 or 2. I need better FPS.

"Hello sir, may I take your order?"
"Yes, I'll have a cheeseburger and fries..."
"I AM the cheeseburger and fries!"
Things you need to know about me:
I hate Texas.