Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 8,161 to 8,180 of 9,620

TAINT_Zzyex

IAmAPersson wrote:

People have a hard time understanding what we're working on with PTC. We are working on the equivalent of a high-end home computer...from the 80s. It won't run the full Terraria. It won't run the full Minecraft, especially lagless. I get this all the time as requests for Minecraft DS: I hope this becomes a full clone! I want less lag! More stuff and faster! Guys, it's not gonna happen. I can't make that. People complain about clones not being full clones. It's not possible. Take Minecraft (not my version) and put it on an '80s computer. What will happen? It won't even start up more than most likely. Please, before you make a big request, think about what we're working on.

agreed. BUT lots can still be acomplished.
PTC stands for PetiT Computer.

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

InsertPi

@ramstrong where's your background maker? I'm interested in it.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

ramstrong

IAmAPersson wrote:

@ramstrong where's your background maker? I'm interested in it.

A couple pages back. Or my blogspot. Search for "BGMaker". I don't feel like spending a lot of time here, anymore.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

randomous

@607jf I've already made that for him though (and earlier than that guy on that wiki I might add, which is a bit suspicious)

Untitled

It's slightly different.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

607jf

randomous wrote:

@607jf I've already made that for him though (and earlier, I might add, which is a bit suspicious)

Untitled

It's slightly different.

Ah, Ok I Wasnt aware As i havent been on much.

Chao!, Nintendo, Need For Speed, Minecraft And More! 3Ds FC-4742-5514-6521.

Slayer

607jf wrote:

Oh Ya, @persson the door's you where ganna add to 1.9.

Right after the speech, eh?
I thought about the answers and... well...
I'm just asking for a tutorial that isn't the basic stuff for complete beginners. I'm more skilled than the tutorial level and I need something more advanced. Stuff like GOSUB, advanced sprite things, stuff like that. The Coinz tutorial helped a LOT. That immediately taught me arrays in a few minutes of my time.
I'm tired of needing help and forgetting it all later. How do I finally get to the skill level where I don't need help anymore?

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Pixelrobin

@0Games You need to learn to figure things out on your own. Try things out. Make them work. Once you have mastered that, you can learn all of PTC. Of course you might need some help from the community sometimes, but really there's this thing called discovery. Good luck .

@Urchin8 I think you're diving into the deep end here. Starrt small like "How do I generate a random number?" or "How do I place a background tile?" or "How do I make sprites?" You're not going to get very far by asking people to do some code for you without your understanding. We're here to help if you have a reasonable question .

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

TexMurphy

@0Games How about sprite stuff like this: Sometimes it is more about the mathematics than the sprites. One thing I need to learn is the properties you can assign to a sprite SPSETV and sprite collision groups.
Untitled Untitled
Question: Are small qrs better than large qrs.
GOSUB sends control to a SUBroutine and then RETURNs control back to where the program called the subroutine.

Edited on by TexMurphy

TexMurphy

Slayer

Thanks everyone, JLMan, Bluerobin2, and TexMurphy, for the help and the sarcasm. Lol.
@TexMurphy I'd say large QRs. Then people can scan it then and there, with small ones I have to save the image and zoom to scan.

Edited on by Slayer

InsertPi

I might be on here more often because NL finally has a mobile version!

I have run into a couple legal issues with Minecraft DS. Using the name "Minecraft" in the title is breaking Mojangs rules and copyright laws. I will have to change the name back to its original name: Raycraft. (In case you didn't know, Minecraft DS was called Raycraft until Beta 1.0) What are your thoughts about having to change the name? I do hope you can understand.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

Slayer

IAmAPersson wrote:

I have run into a couple legal issues with Minecraft DS. Using the name "Minecraft" in the title is breaking Mojangs rules and copyright laws. I will have to change the name back to its original name: Raycraft. (In case you didn't know, Minecraft DS was called Raycraft until Beta 1.0) What are your thoughts about having to change the name? I do hope you can understand.

I wouldn't at all mind, but this isn't on SALE, you aren't getting paid for it, so you can legally call it Minecraft DS and you won't get sued by Mojang. You could change it back just to be sure, but it's still legal to call it Minecraft DS I believe. And I just use the real website on my Surface.
I'll look up code on Google, because I learned subroutines from the wiki. But believe me, it's not just SmileBASIC.

Oh wait, tutorials. Awesome.

Edited on by Slayer

Ralph

IAmAPersson wrote:

I don't think Mojang will sue you any time soon.

Ralph

Discostew

Ralph wrote:

IAmAPersson wrote:

I don't think Mojang will sue you any time soon.

I would have imagined by this time that if Capcom felt my project were threatening in any way, they would have sent me a C&D order by now. I'm glad they haven't, and I hope they don't.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

InsertPi

Ok, I guess it's ok to keep the name Minecraft DS.

portealmario

IAmAPersson wrote:

Make shure to just say that you are not affiliated with mojang in a disclaimer before the game starts. I'm sure you wouldn't be doing anything wrong if you didn't, but just to make sure people know

meng 😐
3ds friend code:1762-2769-7142

Slayer

portealmario wrote:

IAmAPersson wrote:

Make shure to just say that you are not affiliated with mojang in a disclaimer before the game starts. I'm sure you wouldn't be doing anything wrong if you didn't, but just to make sure people know

Funny, because that's EXACTLY what @Persson did.

GraphicGenius

@IAmAPerson this is off topic but please join my C++ Thread

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

InsertPi

JLMan wrote:

GraphicGenius wrote:

@IAmAPerson this is off topic but please join my C++ Thread

No one here is called IAmAPerson.

It's ok. I know who he meant.

boot

@persson found a 2 bad glitches in MCDS. i just scanned it and great job, exept for: when the title screen comes up and its spinning there is a giant block spot. and when i load a brand new 16x16 world(no save) there is a huge pile of dirt in the middle plz try to fix this in the next version and great job!

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic