Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 8,021 to 8,040 of 9,620

TAINT_Zzyex

Anyone know 'bout ahtpk? Im making it on ptc as ewtdg. 10$ ta who ever gets dat.

Edited on by TAINT_Zzyex

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

GraphicGenius

Who is looking forward to my Pong game?

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

InsertPi

I need help. I'm working with my THOLITU interpreter's FOR loops, and it won't loop. Here's the FOR statement itself:

@FOR
FORLINE(ASC(MID$(LINE$(I),5,1)))=I
FOR K=13TO LEN(LINE$(I))-1
IF MID$(LINE$(I),K,1)=="*"THEN Y=VARIABLE(ASC(MID$(LINE$(I),K+1,1))):K=LEN(LINE$(I))-1
IF MID$(LINE$(I),K,1)!="*"AND MID$(LINE$(I),K,1)!=">"THEN Y=VAL(STR$(Y)+MID$(LINE$(I),K,1))
IF MID$(LINE$(I),K,1)==">"THEN K=LEN(LINE$(I))-1
NEXT
FORNUM(ASC(MID$(LINE$(I),5,1)))=Y
RETURN

and here's the equivalent to NEXT:

K=FORLINE(ASC(MID$(LINE$(I),3,1)))
IF MID$(LINE$(K),9,1)=="="THEN EVL=1
IF MID$(LINE$(K),9,1)==">"THEN GVL=1
IF MID$(LINE$(K),9,1)=="<"THEN LVL=1
IF EVL AND VARIABLE(ASC(MID$(LINE$(I),3,1)))==FORNUM(ASC(MID$(LINE$(K),3,1)))GOTO@NEXT
IF GVL AND VARIABLE(ASC(MID$(LINE$(I),3,1)))>FORNUM(ASC(MID$(LINE$(K),3,1)))GOTO@NEXT
IF LVL AND VARIABLE(ASC(MID$(LINE$(I),3,1)))<FORNUM(ASC(MID$(LINE$(K),3,1)))GOTO@NEXT
RETURN
@NEXT
UTS$=MID$(LINE$(K),11,1)
IF UTS$=="+"THEN VARIABLE(ASC(MID$(LINE$(I),3,1)))=VARIABLE(ASC(MID$(LINE$(I),3,1)))+1
IF UTS$=="-"THEN VARIABLE(ASC(MID$(LINE$(I),3,1)))=VARIABLE(ASC(MID$(LINE$(I),3,1)))-1
I=K
RETURN

Whew, that's a lot of code to troubleshoot. Since you guys do not have the WHOLE program, you'll need to know this:
LINE$(5)=" ^*~{I}!<<:+: *N>{"
'Make sure that space is there--it is essential!
LINE$(7)=" *}I"
'Yet another necessary space!
I=5 during the @FOR sub, and I=7 during the @FOREND sub
VARIABLE(73)=5

This whole thing should loop 5 times. Thanks in advance!

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

ChangeV

Leviceljir wrote:

Hey guys today Ima tell ya a project I am working on. TERRARIA DS! (WOOHOO)
Here's what I have so far:
Terrain generator, block building and breaking, kinda working saving, terraria music, and terraria block sprites. (making more today) I hope yall are excited for this project.
And Twin (like always) made this project possible so thanks twin!
That's it for now!

I am also working on simple version of Terraria.
I made title screen and music.
Untitled
menu is not working because it is not programmed yet.

Here is QRcode of the demo.
Untitled

I am currently working on create character menu.

ChangeV

GraphicGenius

@IAmAPerson that looks hard.
Then again my game is too....

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

noxuss

Woahh that terraria game is so cool. The sprites don't work for me though. And the music is spot on

noxuss

Discostew

Almost 600 hours put into Petit Computer (based on 3DS statistics, not including on-PC work). Then again, I almost clocked in 100 hours on Pokemon X.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

ChangeV

noxuss wrote:

Woahh that terraria game is so cool. The sprites don't work for me though. And the music is spot on

I re-uploaded new QR code on original post above.

Discostew wrote:

Almost 600 hours put into Petit Computer (based on 3DS statistics, not including on-PC work). Then again, I almost clocked in 100 hours on Pokemon X.

I just checked activity log on my 3DS and 3DSLL.
295 hours of petit computer on 3DSLL and 77 hours of petit computer on regular 3DS.

ChangeV

TAINT_Zzyex

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

InsertPi

So many people making are Terraria... Why am I the only one attempting a Minecraft clone? I feel almost left out

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

LeviCelJir

IAmAPerson wrote:

So many people making are Terraria... Why am I the only one attempting a Minecraft clone? I feel almost left out

Dude you are the greatest programmer on petit computer I know. Minecraft is hard. And no one should steal your glory so keep making minecraft and you'll be fine.

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

LeviCelJir

JLMan wrote:

Why is everyone aming for a Terraria clone when they could be aiming for a 2D game like mario? I actually have a 2D engine and a physics engine that works with the 2D engine so I might try to make Mario if jumping starts to work properly.

ooooh i can use that for terraria

InsertPi

@Leviceljir I'm definately not the best. One of the main things Minecraft DS is known for is the 3D, which I didn't even make. @Calc84maniac did. MCDS is also super laggy. @Discostew has made MM2 with virtually no lag and doing stuff I didn't even know was possible in PTC. @Rabdomous has made Village, a huge project, and so on.

LeviCelJir

IAmAPerson wrote:

@Leviceljir I'm definately not the best. One of the main things Minecraft DS is known for is the 3D, which I didn't even make. @Calc84maniac did. MCDS is also super laggy. @Discostew has made MM2 with virtually no lag and doing stuff I didn't even know was possible in PTC. @Rabdomous has made Village, a huge project, and so on.

shh why u denying it...

LeviCelJir

ChangeV wrote:

Leviceljir wrote:

Hey guys today Ima tell ya a project I am working on. TERRARIA DS! (WOOHOO)
Here's what I have so far:
Terrain generator, block building and breaking, kinda working saving, terraria music, and terraria block sprites. (making more today) I hope yall are excited for this project.
And Twin (like always) made this project possible so thanks twin!
That's it for now!

I am also working on simple version of Terraria.
I made title screen and music.
Untitled
menu is not working because it is not programmed yet.

Here is QRcode of the demo.
Untitled

I am currently working on create character menu.

OMG the terraria is even moving!!! nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slayer

I can't check my hours. Why? DSi XL...
It's gonna break down soon enough. Sometimes when I lay it on a table instead of holding it, the screen goes black until I lift it. I've had it for years, so no surprise, as well as other problems. Getting a 3DS XL next.
I've started planning control numbers of all the sprites. 0 is the player, I'm setting the bullets that are fired to 1, because I'll clear the sprite when it's fired a certain distance, which brings me to another question...
How do I detect where a sprite is on the screen? I need to erase the sprite at a certain distance.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

GraphicGenius

What is wrong with this?
A=RND(20)
IF A>12 THEN DGNL$="DOWN" IF THEN ELSE DGNL$="UP"

Discostew

GraphicGenius wrote:

What is wrong with this?
A=RND(20)
IF A>12 THEN DGNL$="DOWN" IF THEN ELSE DGNL$="UP"

Remove those keywords in bold.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

SmokedSausage

Why...Levi I told you not to make this a big deal. Alot of that code in that engine is mine from Pixelli and you don'e even give me credit!?
Pixelli was MINE and I am not even done with it and you are using it for your own use...without giving me crdit.
Anyway @0Games I will have your QR codes up tonight. Sorry for such a late release. Here is what i have done.
Zombie AI
Health (Bar form)
Better movement engine
I bet you could get the rest done amirite?

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic