DSiWare Forum

Topic: Petit Computer

Showing 8,021 to 8,040 of 9,498

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GraphicGenius

8,021. Posted:

Hey guys, what's wrong with this?:
IF SPHITSP(0,1)=FALSE THEN GOTO @MOVE:IF SPHITSP(2,1)=FALSE GOTO @MOVE
I have assigned the sprites and I put the @label but it gives me a Syntax Error every time.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Discostew

8,022. Posted:

GraphicGenius wrote:

Hey guys, what's wrong with this?:
IF SPHITSP(0,1)=FALSE THEN GOTO @MOVE:IF SPHITSP(2,1)=FALSE GOTO @MOVE
I have assigned the sprites and I put the @label but it gives me a Syntax Error every time.

'=' is for assigning
'==' is for comparing.

Use the latter in IF statements

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slayer

8,023. Posted:

Discostew wrote:

@0Games Here's another idea. Are you using VISIBLE at any point?

No, I never used VISIBLE.

"Hello sir, may I take your order?"
"Yes, I'll have a cheeseburger and fries..."
"I AM the cheeseburger and fries!"
Things you need to know about me:
I hate Texas.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GraphicGenius

8,024. Posted:

@Discostew Thanks!
I already knew that I must of just forgot it in my game.
Plus, how do you check if a number is odd or even?

Edited on by GraphicGenius

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TAINT_Zzyex

8,025. Posted:

Knock it off — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter: MetricCat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slayer

8,026. Posted:

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

Knock it off — TBD

I'm not sure what that was before...
I'm curious though...

"Hello sir, may I take your order?"
"Yes, I'll have a cheeseburger and fries..."
"I AM the cheeseburger and fries!"
Things you need to know about me:
I hate Texas.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Discostew

8,027. Posted:

0Games wrote:

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

Knock it off — TBD

I'm not sure what that was before...
I'm curious though...

TBQH, I thought that was a name of a new game, "Knock it off" - TBD (To Be Decided), but then I saw that theblackdragon had edited the post.

Anyways, about your problem with console printing. I've examined many different aspects related to the console printing to see if one of them is the cause, and with no success, I think it's time we see the code. If you don't want to make it public, you could sent it to me directly via my email shown on my website.

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slayer

8,028. Posted:

Discostew wrote:

0Games wrote:

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

Knock it off — TBD

I'm not sure what that was before...
I'm curious though...

TBQH, I thought that was a name of a new game, "Knock it off" - TBD (To Be Decided), but then I saw that theblackdragon had edited the post.

Anyways, about your problem with console printing. I've examined many different aspects related to the console printing to see if one of them is the cause, and with no success, I think it's time we see the code. If you don't want to make it public, you could sent it to me directly via my email shown on my website.

It might take a while, but I'll make it work. I'm fine with showing it here. I'll post it later because I'm busy right now.

"Hello sir, may I take your order?"
"Yes, I'll have a cheeseburger and fries..."
"I AM the cheeseburger and fries!"
Things you need to know about me:
I hate Texas.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slayer

8,029. Posted:

Here it is. I also designed a box and made intro text not interfering with the code, but here it is excluding the intro-
'Game prep
CLS
B=BTRIG()
PNLTYPE "OFF"
@MAINMENU
CLS
X=0:Y=1
@CURSOR
CLS
LOCATE 0,0:?"Apocalypse Rising Alpha 1.0"
LOCATE 1,1:?"New Game"
LOCATE 1,2:?"Load Game"
LOCATE X,Y:?">"
B=BUTTON(1)
IF (B AND 1) THEN Y=Y-1
IF (B AND 2) THEN Y=Y+1
IF Y>2 THEN Y=1
IF Y<1 THEN Y=2
IF B AND 16 THEN GOTO @NEWGAME
This isn't part of my code, but the Load Game feature won't be implemented in this first version. Just for clarification.
VSYNC 1
GOTO @CURSOR
'New game
CLS
@NEWGAME
@SURVIVESP
LOAD"SCU0:SURVIVE"
LOAD"SPU1:SHM19R"
SPSET 0,64,2,0,0,0
SPOFS 0,12,12
LOCATE 0,0:?"100"
That's where it didn't print the text.
'Controls
CLS
@CONTROLS
IF BTRIG()==1 GOTO @UP
IF BTRIG()==2 GOTO @DOWN
IF BTRIG()==4 GOTO @LEFT
IF BTRIG()==8 GOTO @RIGHT
GOTO @CONTROLS
@UP
SPREAD(0),X,Y
SPOFS 0,X,Y-13, 30
GOTO @CONTROLS
@DOWN
SPREAD(0),X,Y
SPOFS 0,X,Y+13, 30
GOTO @CONTROLS
@LEFT
SPREAD(0),X,Y
SPOFS 0,X-13,Y,30
SPANIM 0,4,15,0
GOTO @CONTROLS
@RIGHT
SPREAD(0),X,Y
SPOFS 0,X+13,Y,30
SPANIM 0,4,72,0
GOTO @CONTROLS
Well, that's it. Just 68 lines, not too lengthy (at least compared to everyone else's games, am I right?).
EDIT: Sorry for the double post, by the way.

Edited on by Slayer

"Hello sir, may I take your order?"
"Yes, I'll have a cheeseburger and fries..."
"I AM the cheeseburger and fries!"
Things you need to know about me:
I hate Texas.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Discostew

8,030. Posted:

0Games wrote:

LOCATE 0,0:?"100"
That's where it didn't print the text.
'Controls
CLS

There's your problem. You're clearing the screen right after you print, which bring me back to one of the first questions.

Discostew wrote:

Are you using CLS at any point after that line?

Edited on by Discostew

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slayer

8,031. Posted:

Discostew wrote:

0Games wrote:

LOCATE 0,0:?"100"
That's where it didn't print the text.
'Controls
CLS

There's your problem. You're clearing the screen right after you print, which bring me back to one of the first questions.

Discostew wrote:

Are you using CLS at any point after that line?

OH, I see. I should've seen that a mere comment seperated the two, which wouldn't stop the program from erasing the text immediately.
Edit: I've fixed it now. 100 displays in the top corner of the screen, and once I have zombies from Hansausage I can direct the program to decrease health when a zombie touches the survivor and eventually program death. Thanks, Discostew. I wouldn't have seen that.

Edited on by Slayer

"Hello sir, may I take your order?"
"Yes, I'll have a cheeseburger and fries..."
"I AM the cheeseburger and fries!"
Things you need to know about me:
I hate Texas.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bluerobin2

8,032. Posted:

@0Games a health bar would look better imo.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GraphicGenius

8,033. Posted:

How do you check if a number is odd or even?

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LeviCelJir

8,034. Posted:

Hey guys today Ima tell ya a project I am working on. TERRARIA DS! (WOOHOO)
Here's what I have so far:
Terrain generator, block building and breaking, kinda working saving, terraria music, and terraria block sprites. (making more today) I hope yall are excited for this project.
And Twin (like always) made this project possible so thanks twin!
That's it for now!

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

iprice

8,035. Posted:

Screenies or it didn't happen ;) :P

I code, therefore I am.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LeviCelJir

8,036. Posted:

iprice wrote:

Screenies or it didn't happen ;) :P

Hahaha Some people don't have cameras that take high quality pictures. I could try though. But I would probably post it in a blog before I post it here. Plus my computer is getting sent in for repairs so it would be hard to make qrs

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

iprice

8,037. Posted:

I doubt there's anyone that doesn't have access to a single digital camera nowadays. They are everywhere.

Photos (or vids) don't have to be high quality - all we want to see is actual work in progress.

I code, therefore I am.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bluerobin2

8,038. Posted:

GraphicGenius wrote:

How do you check if a number is odd or even?

IF number%2!=0 THEN (number is odd)

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LeviCelJir

8,039. Posted:

iprice wrote:

I doubt there's anyone that doesn't have access to a single digital camera nowadays. They are everywhere.

Photos (or vids) don't have to be high quality - all we want to see is actual work in progress.

If you want a picture I'll give you one. But Before I give a pic I gotta make some changes and make a wood house :3 So It may not be for a couple days.

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

noxuss

8,040. Posted:

Leviceljir wrote:

iprice wrote:

I doubt there's anyone that doesn't have access to a single digital camera nowadays. They are everywhere.

Photos (or vids) don't have to be high quality - all we want to see is actual work in progress.

If you want a picture I'll give you one. But Before I give a pic I gotta make some changes and make a wood house :3 So It may not be for a couple days.

I really want qrs for this

noxuss