Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 801 to 820 of 9,620

Sprite

It says that it will need to restart. According to the nintendo website it needs to be repaired.
Also I'm suprised there isn't a pac-man rip off besides dot racer.
Another thing does anyone think a side scroller Portal like game is possible

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens.
Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

GrabSomeEyes

I'd say a game like Portal Flash is possible, though it'd be a lot of work.
Dot-Racer is technically a Dodge 'Em rip-off (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_'Em) which came out around the same time Pac-Man did. (Both came out 1980).
Edit: Technicality aside, I'm surprised too. We'll probably see a lot more once our community gets out of the OS period.

Edited on by GrabSomeEyes

Eos OS: http://conlogxl.forumotion.com/t12-eos-os-v10
3DS FC: 3695-0514-5044

Sprite

Kudos (hope I spelled that right) on the OS

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens.

ramstrong

tiger667 wrote:

@bloodofgore
as far as touch buttons go you can't technically make them, but we can fake it.

If you want touch screen keyboard, I have a code fragment on Post #502.

But the original message, if I read you right, you want a pull down menu, right? You can use GPAGE because, really, drawing menu items isn't that long. Or, depending on the buttons you want, just double draw on the hidden pages, and GCOPY accordingly. You can set the background to COLOR 0 and therefore won't be copied to the other screen.

81Rambler wrote:

Well I'm showing my hand a bit early, but I just had a query regarding line lengths and if there's anyone with an idea on how to clean up my code a bit.

You have a good solution, yet still looking for a better one? That's great! Good is the enemy of the great.

If you want to minimize the use of variables, then I'm afraid I can't help you much beyond
IF ... GOTO @SKIP
or
IF ... THEN NEXT

If you want to make it simpler then you can either change the color to match the background to make it invisible, or you can display blank character:

FOR DY=5 TO 22
FOR DX=5 TO 28
IF (DY-5)%3==2 AND DY<=13 THEN T=0 ELSE T=ASC(MID$(C$,(DX-5)%4+(DY-5)%3*4,1))
GPUTCHR DX*8,DY*8,"BGF0",T,6,1
NEXT
NEXT

portealmario wrote:

I am having alot of trouble with data statements, and it seems like I can barely make a proper game w/o them, can any of you help me?

The tutorial thread has some info on them. Start there.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

swordx

I've been programming my game, and I just added a quest journal. I'm also working on adding books that can be bought from the library. I know my last version of Dungeon Adventure: The Cave of Monsters was very lacking, but expect the final version to even surpass the mighty Petit Farm. Also, I know of a game better than Petit Farm It's an RPG. The links to it is below.

First half: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=35cgcj7&s=6

Second half: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=j0a2pf&s=6

Sprites: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1zeh9x5&s=6

EDIT: Wow, very nice job on cleaning that bit up. Thanks!

Some of the books in my game will be on atronomy in that game universe.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

KAHN
i found this video, and i thought i'd share it with the forum. petit computer can be a great storyteller.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

theblackdragon

All right guys, a couple things:

(a) Some of you may have noticed I've cleaned up the latter portion of this thread. Please be careful of double, triple, quadruple-posting to a thread here at NIntendo Life, it bothers other users and clutters a thread. If you've got something to add to a thread and you were the last to post, please edit your last post to add it as opposed to posting yet again.

(b) We seem to have a problem with playing nice here in the latter portion of the thread. I've gone ahead and deleted most of the nastiness, so let's all start fresh and be excellent to one another, please — and if you're not in the mood to do so, just don't bother posting until you are. Some of you guys are indeed more knowledgeable than others up in this thread, but no one's forcing you to comment here. You're not under any obligation to help anyone else with their project(s), so please, don't get uppity and snarky if someone asks a question you've seen a bazillion times. If you don't want to answer it, either someone else will or they'll figure it out on their own.

Thanks, guys! :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

ramstrong

Morphtroid wrote:

It won't happen again.

I wish that is true, but in my experience, we should forever be vigilant. Let's concentrate on helping each other, OK?

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

swordx

ramstrong wrote:

Morphtroid wrote:

It won't happen again.

I wish that is true, but in my experience, we should forever be vigilant. Let's concentrate on helping each other, OK?

Yeah. That swordx is a bad one. Sleeps with one eye open

@TheBlackDragon

Very nice way of handling this. Now we all can (hopefully) get off on a fresh start.

@Morphtroid

What plans do you have for Petit Farm? This is just a suggestion, but I think it would be very cool if you added minigames to it.

swordx

Eel

Well, right now, the character is twice as fast.
I also designed two new shopkeepers, I want one to be a peddler so you can sell your crops instantly and the other one will live in the forest, I'm not sure yet but he'll either sell you super expensive things or let you play a gamble minigame.
I'd also love to increase the amount of money you can hold, but I'd need to make some changes everywhere that might or might not affect save files, so I'm not sure of how to approach that one quite yet.

In other words, nothing too big, but stll enough to keep me busy.

I'm also planning to petitize one of my favorite Game Maker creations but that will probably take a long long time.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Shadow1364

Ok this is what happened (explained thoroughly). I went into my barn one day and had fed all my cows the day before. When I got into my barn, all of the hay was gone exept for in front of cow #3. It did not look sick or anything so I ignored feeding it for that day, as it still had hay. However, the next day I went into my barn and the cow was gone (dead). This also had hay in front of where cow#3 was supposed to be. I continued my feeding of the other cows, but when feeding cow #2, the hay that I threw in front of it disapeared, so I gave it another one, and this time, it stayed put. I have not played since then for fear of messing up the game even more.
P.S. PetitChat is almost complete!
Edit: PetitChat is complete! Posting code soon!

Edited on by Shadow1364

FC: 1934-1622-0902

swordx

Morphtroid wrote:

Well, right now, the character is twice as fast.
I also designed two new shopkeepers, I want one to be a peddler so you can sell your crops instantly and the other one will live in the forest, I'm not sure yet but he'll either sell you super expensive things or let you play a gamble minigame.
I'd also love to increase the amount of money you can hold, but I'd need to make some changes everywhere that might or might not affect save files, so I'm not sure of how to approach that one quite yet.

In other words, nothing too big, but stll enough to keep me busy.

I'm also planning to petitize one of my favorite Game Maker creations but that will probably take a long long time.

Sounds cool! I hope your portting of your Game Maker creation goes well. Have you ever thought of making an RPG? I think you could make a really good one...

swordx

Eel

@Shadow: Wow that's odd, cows are supposed to go directly from normal to sick if they are not feed, not from normal to dead! (unless they're older than 90 days, in which case they can randomly die of old age).
They also refuse to eat only if they're already sick.
Did you try to talk with her to see if she was sick? It sounds pretty weird, I hope I can replicate it myself someday.

@Sword: Thanks.
I'm not really good at making long games though, and RPGs usually need stories and stuff like that... I'm more of a minigame/sandbox game person.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Shadow1364

@Morphtroid Ok then, I might have had the QRcode downloaded wrong or something weird like that. Btw heres a suggestion for an alternate Petit Farm, with it having all of the same stuff exept the days accualy going by in a gametime instead of real time, so it is a bit more like the other harvest moon games. Or if the farm music changed to the bgm after it during the afternoons, to add to the afternoon feel.
Update: Im working on a password program now in which you input your own password and may use or change it when you turn it back on. I already have that part completed but dont know what the game will be to go along with it yet. Im still working on posting Petit Chat's QR code.

FC: 1934-1622-0902

Sprite

@theblackdragon what was wrong with my comment on astrology?

Sprite

ok Looking foward to petit farm

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic