Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 7,981 to 8,000 of 9,620

Lego-Meister

IAmAPerson wrote:

@Lego-Meister or you can do

GFILL 0,0,255,191,colour

Yes, but using colset changes the BG without messing up the graphic sceen. It changes the backmost layer.

Edited on by Lego-Meister

Some programmers pride themselves on how many more lines of code they can write. I pride myself on how many less.

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1447-0455 | Nintendo Network ID: Legos-Meister

TAINT_Zzyex

[quote=IAmAPerson]

Lego-Meister wrote:

@Lego-Meister or you can do

don't use blockquote just clip and do [/quote[
(with the last braket faceing in). also i've decided to make a game similar to a game in the mud and blood series. What war should I make the game based in?

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

noxuss

Alright guys, so I'm making a 2d defense style game. and every wave, I want there to be a different amount of enemys, and different kinds (only one kind for each wave though). Would this be possible? I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of like a FOR-NEXT loop but I suck with them.

noxuss

TAINT_Zzyex

noxuss wrote:

Alright guys, so I'm making a 2d defense style game. and every wave, I want there to be a different amount of enemys, and different kinds (only one kind for each wave though). Would this be possible? I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of like a FOR-NEXT loop but I suck with them.

what im doing is

GOSUB @wavePRINT "WAVE OVERWAVE=WAVE+1
IF WAVE=WAVE+1THEN ENEMY=ENEMY+1IF WAVE=5 THEN GOTO @WAVE 5
every 5 waves a new enemy type could be added. Also 1 enemy is added per wave.

Edited on by TAINT_Zzyex

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

Slayer

Discostew wrote:

0Games wrote:

I tried LOCATE 0,0:?"100" in a good place. It didn't work! This is starting to get annoying.

Explain what you mean by "it didn't work"? Did it come up with an error? Are you using CLS at any point after that line? Are you printing against a background of a solid color, and if so, what do you have COLOR set to? The console can print from an assortment of 16 colors, with each one taking the 16th color from each 16-color palette row. If you have a solid black background, and you used COLOR 1 prior to printing, your text will be written with a black color (assuming you haven't changed the palette either manually or through a LOAD command) and it will look like it was not printed. Here is the list of colors that be used for printing on the console when using "COLOR x" prior to it on the default background palette.

0 - White, 1 - Black, 2 - Grey, 3 - Yellow, 4 - Light Green, 5 - Green, 6 - Peach, 7 - Orange
8 - Brown, 9 - Turquoise, 10 - Purple, 11 - Blue, 12 - Pink, 13 - Red, 14 - Dark Grey, 15 - Light Grey

(Colors taken from the 55th page of the Petit Computer manual on their website)

I did not use COLOR, I'm using a background. It didn't show an error or anything, the text just didn't show. I expected it to, but it just didn't do anything. It ran normally as well. I'll remember these, they will help. Maybe I just need a different color for text...

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Pixelrobin

noxuss Its very possible, But I think a two dimensional array is your friend there.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

noxuss

Bluerobin2 wrote:

noxuss Its very possible, But I think a two dimensional array is your friend there.

Ooh, that's a good idea, but I'm not sure where to start.

noxuss

Lego-Meister

Look at this I found. Amazing stuff right?
Japan PTC Contest Winners

Some programmers pride themselves on how many more lines of code they can write. I pride myself on how many less.

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1447-0455 | Nintendo Network ID: Legos-Meister

Discostew

@0Games Here's another idea. Are you using VISIBLE at any point?

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

GraphicGenius

Hey guys, what's wrong with this?:
IF SPHITSP(0,1)=FALSE THEN GOTO @MOVE:IF SPHITSP(2,1)=FALSE GOTO @MOVE
I have assigned the sprites and I put the @label but it gives me a Syntax Error every time.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

Discostew

GraphicGenius wrote:

Hey guys, what's wrong with this?:
IF SPHITSP(0,1)=FALSE THEN GOTO @MOVE:IF SPHITSP(2,1)=FALSE GOTO @MOVE
I have assigned the sprites and I put the @label but it gives me a Syntax Error every time.

'=' is for assigning
'==' is for comparing.

Use the latter in IF statements

Discostew

Slayer

Discostew wrote:

@0Games Here's another idea. Are you using VISIBLE at any point?

No, I never used VISIBLE.

GraphicGenius

@Discostew Thanks!
I already knew that I must of just forgot it in my game.
Plus, how do you check if a number is odd or even?

Edited on by GraphicGenius

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

TAINT_Zzyex

Knock it off — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

Slayer

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

Knock it off — TBD

I'm not sure what that was before...
I'm curious though...

Discostew

0Games wrote:

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

Knock it off — TBD

I'm curious though...

TBQH, I thought that was a name of a new game, "Knock it off" - TBD (To Be Decided), but then I saw that theblackdragon had edited the post.

Anyways, about your problem with console printing. I've examined many different aspects related to the console printing to see if one of them is the cause, and with no success, I think it's time we see the code. If you don't want to make it public, you could sent it to me directly via my email shown on my website.

Discostew

Slayer

Discostew wrote:

0Games wrote:

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

Knock it off — TBD

I'm curious though...

TBQH, I thought that was a name of a new game, "Knock it off" - TBD (To Be Decided), but then I saw that theblackdragon had edited the post.

Anyways, about your problem with console printing. I've examined many different aspects related to the console printing to see if one of them is the cause, and with no success, I think it's time we see the code. If you don't want to make it public, you could sent it to me directly via my email shown on my website.

It might take a while, but I'll make it work. I'm fine with showing it here. I'll post it later because I'm busy right now.

Slayer

Here it is. I also designed a box and made intro text not interfering with the code, but here it is excluding the intro-
'Game prep
CLS
B=BTRIG()
PNLTYPE "OFF"
@MAINMENU
CLS
X=0:Y=1
@CURSOR
CLS
LOCATE 0,0:?"Apocalypse Rising Alpha 1.0"
LOCATE 1,1:?"New Game"
LOCATE 1,2:?"Load Game"
LOCATE X,Y:?">"
B=BUTTON(1)
IF (B AND 1) THEN Y=Y-1
IF (B AND 2) THEN Y=Y+1
IF Y>2 THEN Y=1
IF Y<1 THEN Y=2
IF B AND 16 THEN GOTO @NEWGAME
This isn't part of my code, but the Load Game feature won't be implemented in this first version. Just for clarification.
VSYNC 1
GOTO @CURSOR
'New game
CLS
@NEWGAME
@SURVIVESP
LOAD"SCU0:SURVIVE"
LOAD"SPU1:SHM19R"
SPSET 0,64,2,0,0,0
SPOFS 0,12,12
LOCATE 0,0:?"100"
That's where it didn't print the text.
'Controls
CLS
@CONTROLS
IF BTRIG()==1 GOTO @UP
IF BTRIG()==2 GOTO @DOWN
IF BTRIG()==4 GOTO @LEFT
IF BTRIG()==8 GOTO @RIGHT
GOTO @CONTROLS
@UP
SPREAD(0),X,Y
SPOFS 0,X,Y-13, 30
GOTO @CONTROLS
@DOWN
SPREAD(0),X,Y
SPOFS 0,X,Y+13, 30
GOTO @CONTROLS
@LEFT
SPREAD(0),X,Y
SPOFS 0,X-13,Y,30
SPANIM 0,4,15,0
GOTO @CONTROLS
@RIGHT
SPREAD(0),X,Y
SPOFS 0,X+13,Y,30
SPANIM 0,4,72,0
GOTO @CONTROLS
Well, that's it. Just 68 lines, not too lengthy (at least compared to everyone else's games, am I right?).
EDIT: Sorry for the double post, by the way.

Edited on by Slayer

Discostew

0Games wrote:

'Controls
CLS

There's your problem. You're clearing the screen right after you print, which bring me back to one of the first questions.

Discostew wrote:

Are you using CLS at any point after that line?

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

Slayer

Discostew wrote:

0Games wrote:

'Controls
CLS

There's your problem. You're clearing the screen right after you print, which bring me back to one of the first questions.

Discostew wrote:

Are you using CLS at any point after that line?

OH, I see. I should've seen that a mere comment seperated the two, which wouldn't stop the program from erasing the text immediately.
Edit: I've fixed it now. 100 displays in the top corner of the screen, and once I have zombies from Hansausage I can direct the program to decrease health when a zombie touches the survivor and eventually program death. Thanks, Discostew. I wouldn't have seen that.

Edited on by Slayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic