DSiWare Forum

Topic: Petit Computer

Showing 7,981 to 8,000 of 9,569

AuthorMessage

boot

7,981. Posted:

ramstrong wrote:

boot wrote:

I think @morpheel completely abandoned petit computer. I was just on his page and 5 hours ago he commented n a different page. I hope that he comes back to this page!

Haven't seen him since Pokemon came out. I don't think we'll see him anytime soon, TBH. He'll be back right around Petit Computer 3D.

I was scanning tutorial page and only 2 people are active there recently: Me, and Gimmemorecoinz. Except, Coinz left (Does anybody know why she left?). So, there's only me. If there's only me, then I won't be posting there anymore. I'd rather do it on my blog instead.

Of course, I don't have a tutorial blog. It's a journal, not tutorial. So, it won't be as educational as it can be. Either I'll have to start something else, or you'll have to suffer my journalistic style. Sigh.

Any volunteer to post on Tutorial thread?

coinz left because some fights and pposts on the live chat on the wiki. shes back now but not often. and w/ the knowledge I have on petit computer I could post there sometimes. i know about sprites, input and output, some music, mem, and other things.

Just your average talking boot. The Boot that can program.

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

7,982. Posted:

Oh hi sorry.

Since I have nothing relevant to say in this thread (other things and games got in the way and I just lost interest in PC again), I simply haven't posted.
This is not a casual chat or pokemon thread after all!

Yeah, I'll probably be all about PC again when or after the new version comes out!

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

boot

7,983. Posted:

Morpheel wrote:

Oh hi sorry.

Since I have nothing relevant to say in this thread (other things and games got in the way and I just lost interest in PC again), I simply haven't posted.
This is not a casual chat or pokemon thread after all!

Yeah, I'll probably be all about PC again when or after the new version comes out!

YAY ur not dead after all... im glad we now u will be back!

Just your average talking boot. The Boot that can program.

AuthorMessage

TAINT_Zzyex

7,984. Posted:

also with that gosub question according to the crappy manual (this is untested) return returns to the first tag it passes...
oh and about coins, ask twin about that, its a delightful story.

Edited on by TAINT_Zzyex

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter: MetricCat

AuthorMessage

PixelRobin

7,985. Posted:

RETURN goes back to the line that called it.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage

TAINT_Zzyex

7,986. Posted:

Untitled
inspiration at its finest. Want me to tell you whats happening during election day tommarow? ADVANCE WARS WWII GAME heck yeah

Edited on by TAINT_Zzyex

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter: MetricCat

AuthorMessage

Slayer

7,987. Posted:

OH, I know what's going on. I'm not putting it in the right place for it to display. I put it straight after the controls and that might be why it isn't working.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

AuthorMessage

Lego-Meister

7,988. Posted:

I just discovered there IS a way to change the bg color. You have to use COLSET "BG",0,"colorcode". The odd thing is that the program has to be running in order to see it and it has to be used every time you start the program.

Some programmers pride themselves on how many more lines of code they can write. I pride myself on how many less.

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1447-0455 | Nintendo Network ID: Legos-Meister

AuthorMessage

randomous

7,989. Posted:

Would anybody be interested in a C# class that converts a sequence of bytes into the bytes of a GRP file? It's basically a "transform" in that it takes a List<byte> as input and produces another List<byte> as output. I can make wrappers to make life easier, but I figured that if you were willing to use this, you'd know how to work with a list of bytes. Plus, I really don't see anyone actually needing this, so I don't know... I just thought I'd ask. You can directly write the returned list of bytes to a file since it has all the appropriate header information and junk.

The only reason I'm asking is that I'd need to clean up the class if I were to post it on the Wiki, and if nobody's going to use it, I'd rather not spend the time making fancy wrapper functions and a whole slew of error checking.

What it does in a nutshell:
(Ordered list of stuff to put in the GRP of any size) -> (Full GRP as bytes)

randomous

AuthorMessage

LeviCelJir

7,990. Posted:

8000th

EDIT: OMG YESSSSSS.....

I did it... I don't know why it was so important to me... I waited for about 2 hours... but yay...

Edited on by LeviCelJir

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

AuthorMessage

randomous

7,991. Posted:

@Leviceljir Uhhh congratulations I guess.

randomous

AuthorMessage

ramstrong

7,992. Posted:

You are the instigator now. Please stop. — TBD
@randomous
I usually just do DATA blah, blah, blah using spreadsheet and be done with it. I can see that using GRP can be faster, but as I still have to scan the QR codes individually, anyway, I don't see any compelling reason to have it. The only exception would be if your program will automatically generate QR codes all by itself because then I can skip a step in doing so. If you can integrate that function with QR Stitcher, then yes, I'd be very interested in having it!

EDIT: But I don't want a C++ class. I want a button that loads a file with text/binary option. Automatically spread into multiple GRP as necessary for convenience. :D I hope that's not too time consuming.

Leviceljir wrote:

8000th EDIT: OMG YESSSSSS.....

Um... I think your calculation is a bit off. ;)

Edited on by theblackdragon

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

AuthorMessage

PixelRobin

7,993. Posted:

@ramstrong Nice to see you back and active again! I was wondering if you made any other cool programs recently. Your blog seems a bit more on the cooking journals and Raspberry pi stuff (Not that I don't enjoy them). You could say I need some inspiration.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage

randomous

7,994. Posted:

@ramstrong Lol I think that's a little outside the scope of the class. QR generation is really icky (at least, I've never seen a nice way to do it), and it's not worth skipping the one step. However, I guess it wouldn't be too hard to make a bunch of wrappers and compile it into an executable which would let you turn a file into GRPs, and automatically splitting them would be easy. But QR generation? Ughghgghgh (hurl) lol.

randomous

AuthorMessage

ramstrong

7,995. Posted:

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@ramstrong Nice to see you back and active again! I was wondering if you made any other cool programs recently. Your blog seems a bit more on the cooking journals and Raspberry pi stuff (Not that I don't enjoy them). You could say I need some inspiration.

Expect to see Virtual Keyboard projects out in November. Then followed by Sprite Games Collection. Then I don't know. These would go into year 2014. I'll be updating Nintendo pics as well. I'll be active in Nanowrimo project. I already have the idea firmly in place. I need to write the outline, sketch characters, and write a bunch of cool PTC projects. So, yes, they're coming. Don't know when exactly, though. Check back the directory pages every month. You should see the dates in verified upcoming posts. I guess I overdid it in cooking, but Raspberry Pi still has a lot more going on with it.

Oh, the nanowrimo? That's not on that blog. It'll be on my Nanowrimo blog.

EDIT:
Sorry to leave here so soon after I "returned" but I'm going to concentrate on my blogs for now, with Nanowrimo and all. I took off November last year, too. I know I owe you a more detailed explanation than that, but since it's personal, I won't tell it here. Look for an entry in my personal ramstrong blogspot on Sunday if you're interested in the whole story. Thanks.

@randomous

Sorry. I thought you have a library for automatically generating QR codes. In that case, I withdraw my request. Don't worry about it. Like I said, I'm used to do it using DATA statements.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

AuthorMessage

InsertPi

7,996. Posted:

@Lego-Meister or you can do

GFILL 0,0,255,191,colour

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter: @PhilLovesPi

AuthorMessage

Ralph

7,997. Posted:

IAmAPerson wrote:

or you can do

GFILL 0,0,255,191,colour

Why not GCLS?

Edited on by Ralph

Ralph

AuthorMessage

InsertPi

7,998. Posted:

Ralph wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

@Lego-Meister or you can do

GFILL 0,0,255,191,colour

Why not GCLS?

Or that. I prefer the GFILL way. IDK why. It's slower and more complicated. :/

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter: @PhilLovesPi

AuthorMessage

Slayer

7,999. Posted:

I haven't really tested my theory in which I had to put the LOCATE text print for the health in a different place other than after the controls. I've been playing for my backloggery a lot, so I didn't have time to do that.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

AuthorMessage

bigdog00

8,000. Posted:

Someone please give me an update on what I missed. I couldn't put it down and now I am writing a zombies game (top down) for it. I started writing it on the computer, but then ported it over for petit computer. My only problem is that I can make a list of zombies on the PC but I have to make every single variable for every zombie and make ZHLT(health) ZX(Zombie X) ZY(Zombie Y) ZACTIVE(If the zombie is alive) and stuff like that. can I make a list for them instead? and, did I miss any important posts or new games worth scanning or what? Please fill me in and thanks!

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter: bigdogdt