Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 7,981 to 8,000 of 9,621

Slayer

I tried LOCATE 0,0:?"100" in a good place. It didn't work! This is starting to get annoying.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Discostew

0Games wrote:

I tried LOCATE 0,0:?"100" in a good place. It didn't work! This is starting to get annoying.

Explain what you mean by "it didn't work"? Did it come up with an error? Are you using CLS at any point after that line? Are you printing against a background of a solid color, and if so, what do you have COLOR set to? The console can print from an assortment of 16 colors, with each one taking the 16th color from each 16-color palette row. If you have a solid black background, and you used COLOR 1 prior to printing, your text will be written with a black color (assuming you haven't changed the palette either manually or through a LOAD command) and it will look like it was not printed. Here is the list of colors that be used for printing on the console when using "COLOR x" prior to it on the default background palette.

0 - White, 1 - Black, 2 - Grey, 3 - Yellow, 4 - Light Green, 5 - Green, 6 - Peach, 7 - Orange
8 - Brown, 9 - Turquoise, 10 - Purple, 11 - Blue, 12 - Pink, 13 - Red, 14 - Dark Grey, 15 - Light Grey

(Colors taken from the 55th page of the Petit Computer manual on their website)

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

TAINT_Zzyex

Discostew wrote:

I haven't truly decided what I want to do after Megaman 2 PTC, but I have had thoughts about making The Guardian Legend (another NES game). I already made one of the song tracks for it posted earlier. The main problem for me with that is the vertical scrolling shooter portion, as there are no "map rips" for those parts that I could find on the internet. Having examined the game itself so far, the actual playable area (when you take out the HUD at the bottom of the screen) is exactly 256x192, so that's a nice coincidence. I could throw the HUD and other stuff on the bottom screen if need be.

ehem I have some ultima 4 sprites and grps I could hook you up with, i've lost the will to program it...

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

Lego-Meister

IAmAPerson wrote:

@Lego-Meister or you can do

GFILL 0,0,255,191,colour

Yes, but using colset changes the BG without messing up the graphic sceen. It changes the backmost layer.

Edited on by Lego-Meister

Some programmers pride themselves on how many more lines of code they can write. I pride myself on how many less.

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1447-0455 | Nintendo Network ID: Legos-Meister

TAINT_Zzyex

[quote=IAmAPerson]

Lego-Meister wrote:

@Lego-Meister or you can do

don't use blockquote just clip and do [/quote[
(with the last braket faceing in). also i've decided to make a game similar to a game in the mud and blood series. What war should I make the game based in?

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

noxuss

Alright guys, so I'm making a 2d defense style game. and every wave, I want there to be a different amount of enemys, and different kinds (only one kind for each wave though). Would this be possible? I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of like a FOR-NEXT loop but I suck with them.

noxuss

TAINT_Zzyex

noxuss wrote:

Alright guys, so I'm making a 2d defense style game. and every wave, I want there to be a different amount of enemys, and different kinds (only one kind for each wave though). Would this be possible? I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of like a FOR-NEXT loop but I suck with them.

what im doing is

GOSUB @wavePRINT "WAVE OVERWAVE=WAVE+1
IF WAVE=WAVE+1THEN ENEMY=ENEMY+1IF WAVE=5 THEN GOTO @WAVE 5
every 5 waves a new enemy type could be added. Also 1 enemy is added per wave.

Edited on by TAINT_Zzyex

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

Slayer

Discostew wrote:

0Games wrote:

I tried LOCATE 0,0:?"100" in a good place. It didn't work! This is starting to get annoying.

Explain what you mean by "it didn't work"? Did it come up with an error? Are you using CLS at any point after that line? Are you printing against a background of a solid color, and if so, what do you have COLOR set to? The console can print from an assortment of 16 colors, with each one taking the 16th color from each 16-color palette row. If you have a solid black background, and you used COLOR 1 prior to printing, your text will be written with a black color (assuming you haven't changed the palette either manually or through a LOAD command) and it will look like it was not printed. Here is the list of colors that be used for printing on the console when using "COLOR x" prior to it on the default background palette.

0 - White, 1 - Black, 2 - Grey, 3 - Yellow, 4 - Light Green, 5 - Green, 6 - Peach, 7 - Orange
8 - Brown, 9 - Turquoise, 10 - Purple, 11 - Blue, 12 - Pink, 13 - Red, 14 - Dark Grey, 15 - Light Grey

(Colors taken from the 55th page of the Petit Computer manual on their website)

I did not use COLOR, I'm using a background. It didn't show an error or anything, the text just didn't show. I expected it to, but it just didn't do anything. It ran normally as well. I'll remember these, they will help. Maybe I just need a different color for text...

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Pixelrobin

noxuss Its very possible, But I think a two dimensional array is your friend there.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

noxuss

Bluerobin2 wrote:

noxuss Its very possible, But I think a two dimensional array is your friend there.

Ooh, that's a good idea, but I'm not sure where to start.

noxuss

Lego-Meister

Look at this I found. Amazing stuff right?
Japan PTC Contest Winners

Some programmers pride themselves on how many more lines of code they can write. I pride myself on how many less.

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1447-0455 | Nintendo Network ID: Legos-Meister

Discostew

@0Games Here's another idea. Are you using VISIBLE at any point?

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

GraphicGenius

Hey guys, what's wrong with this?:
IF SPHITSP(0,1)=FALSE THEN GOTO @MOVE:IF SPHITSP(2,1)=FALSE GOTO @MOVE
I have assigned the sprites and I put the @label but it gives me a Syntax Error every time.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

Discostew

GraphicGenius wrote:

Hey guys, what's wrong with this?:
IF SPHITSP(0,1)=FALSE THEN GOTO @MOVE:IF SPHITSP(2,1)=FALSE GOTO @MOVE
I have assigned the sprites and I put the @label but it gives me a Syntax Error every time.

'=' is for assigning
'==' is for comparing.

Use the latter in IF statements

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Slayer

Discostew wrote:

@0Games Here's another idea. Are you using VISIBLE at any point?

No, I never used VISIBLE.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

GraphicGenius

@Discostew Thanks!
I already knew that I must of just forgot it in my game.
Plus, how do you check if a number is odd or even?

Edited on by GraphicGenius

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

TAINT_Zzyex

Knock it off — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

Slayer

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

Knock it off — TBD

I'm not sure what that was before...
I'm curious though...

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Discostew

0Games wrote:

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

Knock it off — TBD

I'm not sure what that was before...
I'm curious though...

TBQH, I thought that was a name of a new game, "Knock it off" - TBD (To Be Decided), but then I saw that theblackdragon had edited the post.

Anyways, about your problem with console printing. I've examined many different aspects related to the console printing to see if one of them is the cause, and with no success, I think it's time we see the code. If you don't want to make it public, you could sent it to me directly via my email shown on my website.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Slayer

Discostew wrote:

0Games wrote:

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

Knock it off — TBD

I'm not sure what that was before...
I'm curious though...

TBQH, I thought that was a name of a new game, "Knock it off" - TBD (To Be Decided), but then I saw that theblackdragon had edited the post.

Anyways, about your problem with console printing. I've examined many different aspects related to the console printing to see if one of them is the cause, and with no success, I think it's time we see the code. If you don't want to make it public, you could sent it to me directly via my email shown on my website.

It might take a while, but I'll make it work. I'm fine with showing it here. I'll post it later because I'm busy right now.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic