Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 7,961 to 7,980 of 9,620

LeviCelJir

8000th

EDIT: OMG YESSSSSS.....

I did it... I don't know why it was so important to me... I waited for about 2 hours... but yay...

Edited on by LeviCelJir

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

ramstrong

You are the instigator now. Please stop. — TBD
@randomous
I usually just do DATA blah, blah, blah using spreadsheet and be done with it. I can see that using GRP can be faster, but as I still have to scan the QR codes individually, anyway, I don't see any compelling reason to have it. The only exception would be if your program will automatically generate QR codes all by itself because then I can skip a step in doing so. If you can integrate that function with QR Stitcher, then yes, I'd be very interested in having it!

EDIT: But I don't want a C++ class. I want a button that loads a file with text/binary option. Automatically spread into multiple GRP as necessary for convenience. I hope that's not too time consuming.

Leviceljir wrote:

8000th EDIT: OMG YESSSSSS.....

Um... I think your calculation is a bit off.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong Nice to see you back and active again! I was wondering if you made any other cool programs recently. Your blog seems a bit more on the cooking journals and Raspberry pi stuff (Not that I don't enjoy them). You could say I need some inspiration.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

randomous

@ramstrong Lol I think that's a little outside the scope of the class. QR generation is really icky (at least, I've never seen a nice way to do it), and it's not worth skipping the one step. However, I guess it wouldn't be too hard to make a bunch of wrappers and compile it into an executable which would let you turn a file into GRPs, and automatically splitting them would be easy. But QR generation? Ughghgghgh (hurl) lol.

randomous

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@ramstrong Nice to see you back and active again! I was wondering if you made any other cool programs recently. Your blog seems a bit more on the cooking journals and Raspberry pi stuff (Not that I don't enjoy them). You could say I need some inspiration.

Expect to see Virtual Keyboard projects out in November. Then followed by Sprite Games Collection. Then I don't know. These would go into year 2014. I'll be updating Nintendo pics as well. I'll be active in Nanowrimo project. I already have the idea firmly in place. I need to write the outline, sketch characters, and write a bunch of cool PTC projects. So, yes, they're coming. Don't know when exactly, though. Check back the directory pages every month. You should see the dates in verified upcoming posts. I guess I overdid it in cooking, but Raspberry Pi still has a lot more going on with it.

Oh, the nanowrimo? That's not on that blog. It'll be on my Nanowrimo blog.

EDIT:
Sorry to leave here so soon after I "returned" but I'm going to concentrate on my blogs for now, with Nanowrimo and all. I took off November last year, too. I know I owe you a more detailed explanation than that, but since it's personal, I won't tell it here. Look for an entry in my personal ramstrong blogspot on Sunday if you're interested in the whole story. Thanks.

@randomous

Sorry. I thought you have a library for automatically generating QR codes. In that case, I withdraw my request. Don't worry about it. Like I said, I'm used to do it using DATA statements.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

InsertPi

@Lego-Meister or you can do

GFILL 0,0,255,191,colour

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Ralph

IAmAPerson wrote:

or you can do

GFILL 0,0,255,191,colour

Why not GCLS?

Edited on by Ralph

Ralph

InsertPi

Ralph wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

@Lego-Meister or you can do

GFILL 0,0,255,191,colour

Why not GCLS?

Or that. I prefer the GFILL way. IDK why. It's slower and more complicated. :/

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Slayer

I haven't really tested my theory in which I had to put the LOCATE text print for the health in a different place other than after the controls. I've been playing for my backloggery a lot, so I didn't have time to do that.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

bigdog00

Someone please give me an update on what I missed. I couldn't put it down and now I am writing a zombies game (top down) for it. I started writing it on the computer, but then ported it over for petit computer. My only problem is that I can make a list of zombies on the PC but I have to make every single variable for every zombie and make ZHLT(health) ZX(Zombie X) ZY(Zombie Y) ZACTIVE(If the zombie is alive) and stuff like that. can I make a list for them instead? and, did I miss any important posts or new games worth scanning or what? Please fill me in and thanks!

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

bigdog00

@ramstrong RaspberryPi? Yeah!!! I am writing the PC version of DeadWorld: Infestation for the RasPi! Deadworld is the game I just mentioned above about me porting it over to the DS.

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

ramstrong

bigdog00 wrote:

Someone please give me an update on what I missed. I couldn't put it down and now I am writing a zombies game (top down) for it. I started writing it on the computer, but then ported it over for petit computer. My only problem is that I can make a list of zombies on the PC but I have to make every single variable for every zombie and make ZHLT(health) ZX(Zombie X) ZY(Zombie Y) ZACTIVE(If the zombie is alive) and stuff like that. can I make a list for them instead? and, did I miss any important posts or new games worth scanning or what? Please fill me in and thanks!

PTC doesn't support lists. If Zombies are sprites, there are attached variables that you can use. I'm too busy to explain it right now, so I'll let other people explain it for you.
PS:There's a Raspberry Pi thread in NL somewhere if you want to post there.

Petit Computer Journal

noxuss

Yo people, I'm out here lurking and playing your awesome games. They are all soooo fun . Anyways, does anyone know how to use SPOFS to make something go the same speed no matter where it's heading?

noxuss

Discostew

I haven't truly decided what I want to do after Megaman 2 PTC, but I have had thoughts about making The Guardian Legend (another NES game). I already made one of the song tracks for it posted earlier. The main problem for me with that is the vertical scrolling shooter portion, as there are no "map rips" for those parts that I could find on the internet. Having examined the game itself so far, the actual playable area (when you take out the HUD at the bottom of the screen) is exactly 256x192, so that's a nice coincidence. I could throw the HUD and other stuff on the bottom screen if need be.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

twinArmageddons

i did what persson said to reduce lag in aottg and i removed a ton of lag. now the forest isn't nearly as laggy although it's still a bit laggy. hopefully i can shorten some more stuff and reduce the lag even more i also started working on a new character selection with 8 characters, although i'll only use 4 of them. i'm also working on adding custom character support with a set of template sprites. you'll have to make the sprites in CHRED and they'll have to be 64x64

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

Slayer

I tried LOCATE 0,0:?"100" in a good place. It didn't work! This is starting to get annoying.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Discostew

0Games wrote:

I tried LOCATE 0,0:?"100" in a good place. It didn't work! This is starting to get annoying.

Explain what you mean by "it didn't work"? Did it come up with an error? Are you using CLS at any point after that line? Are you printing against a background of a solid color, and if so, what do you have COLOR set to? The console can print from an assortment of 16 colors, with each one taking the 16th color from each 16-color palette row. If you have a solid black background, and you used COLOR 1 prior to printing, your text will be written with a black color (assuming you haven't changed the palette either manually or through a LOAD command) and it will look like it was not printed. Here is the list of colors that be used for printing on the console when using "COLOR x" prior to it on the default background palette.

0 - White, 1 - Black, 2 - Grey, 3 - Yellow, 4 - Light Green, 5 - Green, 6 - Peach, 7 - Orange
8 - Brown, 9 - Turquoise, 10 - Purple, 11 - Blue, 12 - Pink, 13 - Red, 14 - Dark Grey, 15 - Light Grey

(Colors taken from the 55th page of the Petit Computer manual on their website)

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

TAINT_Zzyex

Discostew wrote:

I haven't truly decided what I want to do after Megaman 2 PTC, but I have had thoughts about making The Guardian Legend (another NES game). I already made one of the song tracks for it posted earlier. The main problem for me with that is the vertical scrolling shooter portion, as there are no "map rips" for those parts that I could find on the internet. Having examined the game itself so far, the actual playable area (when you take out the HUD at the bottom of the screen) is exactly 256x192, so that's a nice coincidence. I could throw the HUD and other stuff on the bottom screen if need be.

ehem I have some ultima 4 sprites and grps I could hook you up with, i've lost the will to program it...

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic