Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 7,901 to 7,920 of 9,620

ramstrong

Took you three tries to get it right. Well, you did it. Next time, it'll be all correct on the first post, right?

Nice picture of beat-up clock, there. Is that yours, or did you pick it up from somewhere and not giving credit to the original photographer? Also, a screenshot of the game would be nice.

I didn't bother trying your game, because the way I see it, gameplay is about tapping screen quickly and randomly, and well, I guess I don't need a DS for that.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

TAINT_Zzyex

ramstrong wrote:

Took you three tries to get it right. Well, you did it. Next time, it'll be all correct on the first post, right?

Nice picture of beat-up clock, there. Is that yours, or did you pick it up from somewhere and not giving credit to the original photographer? Also, a screenshot of the game would be nice.

I didn't bother trying your game, because the way I see it, gameplay is about tapping screen quickly and randomly, and well, I guess I don't need a DS for that.

the clock was taken by an annoymous tumblr user

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

TAINT_Zzyex

Leviceljir wrote:

@TAINT_Zzyex I tried Beat The Clock and I saw no clocks in it...

There will be EDIT: sometime... I just was to lazy to add the sprites in yet...

Edited on by TAINT_Zzyex

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

TAINT_Zzyex

ShadowGame wrote:

I've got a question:
Is Petit Computer Utilites legal to download?

poorly translated disclamer

Disclaimer / Caution
Please use angle , the self-responsibility in the rabbit .
I will not take any responsibility for any problem .
There is no guarantee of future support .
Since it does not matter Smile Corporation 's boom , and Nintendo 's ,
Do not hang the inconvenience to the company 's there .

Edited on by TAINT_Zzyex

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

TAINT_Zzyex

page will be updated tommarow and all the issues will be fixed in patch 0.1.2! I am currently fixing the bug I said how to fix (line 15) the "not enough coin" glitch, the lvl 3 max problem, the level up to fast problem, the coin giving error, and i am going to experiment with a boss battle...
What should I do about gosub 'running out of memory'

Edited on by TAINT_Zzyex

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

Slayer

Well, I'll be as fine as to work on Apocalypse Rising. I do need animation which I will handle, but the direction baffled me. How do I do the up, down, and left animations for walking?

I have nothing really to say about myself.

TAINT_Zzyex

0Games wrote:

Well, I'll be as fine as to work on Apocalypse Rising. I do need animation which I will handle, but the direction baffled me. How do I do the up, down, and left animations for walking?

for left change the -correct me if im wrong- 4th didget of spset to 1 (use same left sprites). for up and down, make sprites that are walking up and down. If you wanted to know how to make them actualy, do this-
@DEFAULT
SPSET #,#,#,#,#,#

X=100
Y=100
IF BUTTON()==# THEN GOSUB @RIGHT
GOTO @DEFAULT

@RIGHT
SPOFS #,#,#,#
X=X+10
RETURN
This should work...

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

twinArmageddons

never use SPSET in a loop, unless it's absolutely necessary.
use SPCHR to change the sprite, and the sprite numbers for left and right are 64 and 72

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

TAINT_Zzyex

twinArmageddons wrote:

never use SPSET in a loop, unless it's absolutely necessary.
use SPCHR to change the sprite, and the sprite numbers for left and right are 64 and 72

1-Regarding SPSET havn't used sprites in a while, thx for the reminder. 2-Regarding SPSHR just doing SPSET and changing digit 4 (i think) to one works also. The 1 tells the program to reverse the sprite.

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

Pixelrobin

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

SPSET and changing digit 4 (i think) to one works also. The 1 tells the program to reverse the sprite.

However SPSET takes more memory because its deleting then re-writing the sprite.

SPCHR is like SPSET, but it doesn't delete the current data first. And yes, you could set the flip and pallet characteristics as well with SPCHR.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

TAINT_Zzyex

Bluerobin2 wrote:

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

SPSET and changing digit 4 (i think) to one works also. The 1 tells the program to reverse the sprite.

However SPSET takes more memory because its deleting then re-writing the sprite.

SPCHR is like SPSET, but it doesn't delete the current data first. And yes, you could set the flip and pallet characteristics as well with SPCHR.

I never realy thought about sprites much when theres so much other ways to make games.

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

ramstrong

0Games wrote:

I posted the answer to this in the Tutorial thread a short while ago, actually. Feel free to check it out.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Petit Computer Journal

randomous

Wow, this is... well, extremely surprising. In my number recognition program, the written numbers are stored as a series of straight lines. In order to cut down on processing, I reduce the number of lines to a low value, such as 20 (usually you have around 40-80 lines in a number). Just to mess around, I decided to lower that number to 4. Somehow, numbers can still be recognized with near 100% accuracy when they've been reduced to just 4 lines. I'm really surprised by this... honestly, I figured that even 10 lines was too low to accurately represent the digits, but 4? Goodness... now I know what my teacher meant about "feature selection" producing surprisingly accurate results with very few features (the features in this case are lines).

Edited on by randomous

randomous

ramstrong

Hey guys, just a real quick demo on how to do multi-thread using Petit Computer. This one is easy because each thread runs separately, so there's no conflict possible. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

'MULTI TIMER BY HARRY HARDJONO
'A MULTI-THREAD DEMO

CLS:CLEAR
DIM N(20)
DIM M(20)
DIM C(20)
DIM L(20)
DIM A(20)
DIM T$(20)

@TMRDATA
DATA 0,99,"MAXTIMER"
DATA 1,1,"QUICK TIMER"
DATA 2,2,"SLOW TIMER"
DATA 3,3,"EGG TIMER"
DATA 4,4,"SNOOZER"
DATA -1,-1,"DONE"

@INIT
CLS
LOCATE 0,22:?"A START ","B PAUSE ","X RESET"
P=1:RESTORE @TMRDATA
FOR I=0 TO 19
A[I]=FALSE
IF P THEN READ N[I]:'TIMER NUMBER
IF P THEN READ M[I]:M[I]=M[I]*3600:'TIMER MINUTES
IF P THEN READ T$[I]:'TIMER LABEL
IF N[I]<0 THEN P=0:TC=I-1
NEXT
CS=0:'CURSOR
TH=0:'THREAD

@LOOP
'PROCESS INPUT
VSYNC 1:B=BTRIG()
IF (B AND 1) THEN CS=CS-1:IF CS<0 THEN CS=TC
IF (B AND 2) THEN CS=CS+1:IF CS>TC THEN CS=0
IF (B AND 16) THEN A[CS]=TRUE
IF (B AND 32) THEN A[CS]=FALSE
IF (B AND 64) THEN GOSUB @TRESET

'PROCESS THREAD
TH=TH+1:IF TH>TC THEN TH=0
IF A[TH]==FALSE GOTO @SHOW
IF MAINCNTL>L[TH] THEN C[TH]=C[TH]+(MAINCNTL-L[TH])
IF C[TH]>M[TH] THEN GOSUB @ALARM

@SHOW
IF C[TH]==M[TH] THEN COLOR 13 ELSE COLOR 0
TM=FLOOR((M[TH]-C[TH])/3600)
TS=FLOOR(((M[TH]-C[TH])%3600)/60)
TM$=RIGHT$(("00"+STR$(TM)),2)
TS$=RIGHT$(("00"+STR$(TS)),2)
LOCATE 0,TH:?" "*31
IF CS==TH THEN LOCATE 0,TH:?">";
LOCATE 3,TH:?N[TH];
LOCATE 6,TH:TM$;":";TS$,T$[I]
L[TH]=MAINCNTL
GOTO @LOOP

@TRESET
A[CS]=FALSE
C[CS]=0
BGMSTOP
RETURN

@ALARM
BGMPLAY 6
A[TH]=FALSE
C[TH]=M[TH]
RETURN

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

cigsthecat

Hey guys- I'm just getting started learning arrays and I am following a nice tutorial by Gimmiemorecoinz in the tutorial thread. In it you make an array and fill it with items from a grocery list. This is the entirety of my code:

INDEX=5

DIM LIST$(INDEX)

LIST$(0)="MILK"
LIST$(1)="BREAD"
LIST$(2)="EGGS"
LIST$(3)="OREGANO"
LIST$(4)="GARLIC POWDER"

PRINT "MY GROCERY LIST"

FOR T=0 TO 4

PRINT LIST$(T)

NEXT T

When I run this I get a "Duplicate definition" error on line 4, which is the "DIM LIST$(INDEX)" line. What's wrong with this code? I had this error in another little bit of test code I tried as well.

cigsthecat

iprice

You need to clear the memory in PTC before using DIM again (basically, after running a program in PTC all variables are still held in memory so if you've already used DIM (when last run) it knows and throws an error.

Use CLEAR (IIRC) at the start of the program.

I code, therefore I am.

cigsthecat

Aha! That makes sense, thank you. I suppose using CLEAR every time right before DIM is the way to go.

cigsthecat

GraphicGenius

iprice wrote:

You need to clear the memory in PTC before using DIM again (basically, after running a program in PTC all variables are still held in memory so if you've already used DIM (when last run) it knows and throws an error.

Use CLEAR (IIRC) at the start of the program.

Wow! I was just gonna ask about that but now I understand it!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic