Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 7,781 to 7,800 of 9,620

Pixelrobin

@IamAPerson oh and give credit to randomous since he helped a bunch too.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

twinArmageddons

Untitled
i'm attempting to rescue him :3
this screenshot isn't as high quality as others because i had to take it manually

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

dudedude2211

@randomous Can you please tell me the mml for the menu theme in Minecraft DS?

Coding languages I know: I have gotten pretty good with Flash/Actionscript, and I have decent understanding of SmileBASIC. I would like to learn C++ and Source.

randomous

@dudedude2211 That link's broken, just wanted to let you know.

Errr I've got the mml posted around here somewhere. Let me look for it.... aha, here it is:

Untitled

randomous

dudedude2211

@randomous Thanks

Coding languages I know: I have gotten pretty good with Flash/Actionscript, and I have decent understanding of SmileBASIC. I would like to learn C++ and Source.

Pixelrobin

Where are the graphics for AOTTP?

InsertPi

@Bluerobin2 thank you! Also, about using DATA, I use GRPs for textures and such, but I use DATA for stuff like breakability, splash text, etc. I used to use DATA for the map generation, but I found it was MUCH easier to use:

FOR J=0 TO MS-1 STEP MS-1 'MS means map size
FOR I=0 TO MS-1
MAP(I,J)=3
MAPB(I,J)=5
MAP(J,I)=3
MAPB(J,I)=5
NEXT:NEXT

than to have 256 lines of DATA for a blank 64x64 map.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

ramstrong

@randomous

OK. I finally managed to write the learning process into my digit recognition system. It's still raw, only a developer can appreciate. Use A to enable learning mode. it asks for the character to be learned. Type the character, then draw all variations. If the pattern is pre-existing, it won't learn it. It'll just display that character. Press B when done. Press X to see the list of characters already learned. I put it some sample data 0-9, which you can modify.

DIGITS

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=3768290E373AEE41!614&am...

I have tried it with Capital and lowercase letters, and it works fine. I haven't tried it with full alphabet. Let me know if you want me to develop this further, and in what direction. Probably good to be able to load/save character coding table.

BTW
binary is a numbering system, not a language. However, machine language is, and it can be shown as binary, hex, or ascii.

As far as obfuscation is concerned, a difficult programming language is misguided. better to come up with obfuscated algorithm. The one I devised not only original coded interpreter and encrypted, but also checksummed, so it cannot be modified. the program actually loads the source code to be used as decrypting key. Needless to say, it cannot be maintained, and must be written from scratch every time.

EDIT:
The tutorial BlogSpot is http://petitcomputerbasic.blogspot.com/
Probably a good idea to read it before reading my journal.

That AOTT game looks mighty fine. I'm curious if somebody have a YouTube video of gameplay.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

randomous

@ramstrong Wow, what a really cool way to recognize numbers! I've honestly never thought of doing it this way, I've only ever considered point and angle comparisons. When you said rigid, I thought you meant connecting dots or something, I didn't realize it would record the order in which you hit each region! Yeah, that's quite a lot less processing than mine, and it's waaaayyy different. I wonder if differently shaped regions could produce different results? For instance, if you created some sort of tessellation, or maybe just a mesh of triangles. Either way, this is pretty awesome! It's having a hard time recognizing some numbers, but maybe I draw them differently than you do (it's more than likely). Thanks for crediting me; you really didn't have to, but it was very kind.

I don't know what I would personally use it for, but I could see it being extremely useful in many applications. For instance, this program would be much better suited than mine to recognize gestures. If you altered the region shapes the fit a particular purpose, you could do things like detect swipes, rotations, etc. all on the touch screen and all extremely quickly.

randomous

twinArmageddons

ramstrong wrote:

That AOTT game looks mighty fine. I'm curious if somebody have a YouTube video of gameplay.

thats actually a good idea i'm going to try and get a video of the gameplay

Discostew

I wonder how much will be the same in the 3DS version of PTC to our current version. Would be nice if little was required to transition from the old to the new.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Pixelrobin

@Discostew considering the large community and selection of games, I'm sure they will add something to support the Dsiware selection. Maybe even keep the same commands in addition to new ones. It would be quite unfortunate for people like you if they didn't.

twinArmageddons

Untitled
if anybody wants to test out the physics engine (with no titans or actual gameplay) i made the qrs for it
http://imageshack.com/a/img189/6121/1pma.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img51/4853/a1wb.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img824/3525/7slg.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img89/4793/qrb0.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img6/2061/i1b3.png
you need all those files if you want it to look good

Edited on by twinArmageddons

ramstrong

randomous wrote:

@ramstrong Wow, what a really cool way to recognize numbers! I've honestly never thought of doing it this way, I've only ever considered point and angle comparisons. When you said rigid, I thought you meant connecting dots or something, I didn't realize it would record the order in which you hit each region! Yeah, that's quite a lot less processing than mine, and it's waaaayyy different. I wonder if differently shaped regions could produce different results? For instance, if you created some sort of tessellation, or maybe just a mesh of triangles. Either way, this is pretty awesome! It's having a hard time recognizing some numbers, but maybe I draw them differently than you do (it's more than likely). Thanks for crediting me; you really didn't have to, but it was very kind.

I don't know what I would personally use it for, but I could see it being extremely useful in many applications. For instance, this program would be much better suited than mine to recognize gestures. If you altered the region shapes the fit a particular purpose, you could do things like detect swipes, rotations, etc. all on the touch screen and all extremely quickly.

Well, technically, it is connect the dot. Think of the regions as Voronoi diagram, and you got it. You don't need some special triangle mesh at all.

I'm having trouble defining number 8 so that it can be read consistently. If you look at the data, you see that it is shaped like the letter "Y" topleft, center, bottom, center, topright. That's the glyph of "8" in Palm PDA. The nice thing about it, is that you can define your own 8 character, and as long as it's not preexisting on another character, you can have it!

I think I should give you credit because my understanding of Virtual Keyboard technique expanded tremendously. I thought I'd maxed it already, and it turns out I was wrong. I never thought this technique is viable for many things. So, thank you for that.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

randomous

@ramstrong Lol I can't believe you brought up Voronoi diagrams, because I happen to be making a Nearest Neighbor classifier for my Pattern Recognition class (which splits up the feature space into Voronoi cells based on which point is closest). I see that it's connect the dots now, thanks for the explanation. And thank you for the credit.

randomous

InsertPi

THOLITU can now do basic stuff! The total list of command equivalents:
(SmileBASIC) PRINT
(SmileBASIC) INPUT
(SimpleC) MATH
(Most languages) IF...THEN
(SimpleC) SETV

Now of course, if you don't know the language, it'll look like |*,<_$]#{%

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

swordx

I FINALLY got to work on one of DA2's arcade machines. I'd show it to you guys, but it's too awesome to be revealed without a video, and it's not ready for a video.

swordx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic