Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 7,741 to 7,760 of 9,620

twinArmageddons

im finally going to get some sprites done

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

ramstrong

randomous wrote:

Hmm, nobody tried out the number recognition program? I thought machine learning was cool! Lol oh well, here's a much better version which is far more accurate at recognizing your handwritten numbers.

Looks great! Trying to outdo Palm's Graffiti, I see. Although the method works great, I'm thinking that it's too loose. If you can afford some templates, instead of freeform, I have a much easier method to recognise numbers. Still, for alphabets, your method is great. Congrats!

GraphicGenius wrote:

Hey guys how do you make music?

PTC Tutorial thread is your friend...

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

randomous

@ramstrong I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what loose means in regards to the recognition lol. Is it too forgiving? If so, that's what I was shooting for: to correctly recognize numbers even if they're super ugly. I've also optimized it now so that it only takes a consistent 6 frames (1/10th of a second) to come up with an answer, which I'm very happy about. Time to make Sudoku! Well, actually, it's time to plan out Sudoku and then make it quite some time later. Thanks for looking at the program!

randomous

Pixelrobin

@randomous sudoku? That souds fun! You should play around with the gui a bit to make it look like a Brain Age game

I kinda had the idea of working on an advanced GRP editor on the side. Kinda like Photoshop for PTC.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

ramstrong

randomous wrote:

@ramstrong I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what loose means in regards to the recognition lol. Is it too forgiving? If so, that's what I was shooting for: to correctly recognize numbers even if they're super ugly. I've also optimized it now so that it only takes a consistent 6 frames (1/10th of a second) to come up with an answer, which I'm very happy about. Time to make Sudoku! Well, actually, it's time to plan out Sudoku and then make it quite some time later. Thanks for looking at the program!

Ah, I meant that my lousy handwriting sometimes resembles a 9, a 6, or a 0 depending on how I hold my 3DS. Whereas a square with connectable dots/lines will provide some kind of structure. But loose is good in this case. If you haven't done so, check out Palm's Graffiti Technique. I sure would love to have that kind of capability on PTC!

No problem in checking it out. Only 3 QRs, so why not?

EDIT: I managed to write number recognition code. It runs in 0 frame. It's too tight, I'm afraid. Will have to see if I can scrounge up some learning code. But it should be able to recognize letters with care. i.e. some modifications on drawing, just like Graffiti.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

InsertPi

@randomous I have a problem with the NUMRECOG. I was just playing around with it, and out of nowhere it crashed saying something about an error with a POW command. I was trying to see how accurate it was by just writing really sloppy, and it did this. It has happened multiple times, and I thought you might wanna fix this. I find this really cool and very accurate btw!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

twinArmageddons

i finished some beautiful titan sprites :3 now all i need to finish before the grand unveiling is the other character sprites and the bonus level with 50 titans

TAINT_Zzyex

fity?

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

twinArmageddons

i'm adding a bonus level if you finish the mission to kill 32 titans you have an option to kill 50 titans for more points
the titan sprites take up so much spaaaaaace >.<
Edit: i think all this time i've been forgetting to mention the most important part of this: upward and downward scrolling

Edited on by twinArmageddons

SmokedSausage

|__ PIXELLI PROGRESS UPDATE __|

Revamped main menu with on the top screen showing a scrolling background of a randomly generated world
Bottom screen shows Single-Player Extras (World Editor, Credits, Other programs by me), And an exit button
Added A world simulator with sprites a randomly generated world and a new feature to be able to edit your rabdomly generated world on the bottom screen and watch changes apply on the top (build house, cool things like that)
Tweaks to world editor and simulator to be only able to place blocks (BGU tiles) that i think resemple blocks (Stone woods etc.)

What do you guys think?
FEEDBACK IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!
EDIT: @randomous Is it okay if I use your K.K. Bossa for main menu music? It will be added in credits. (you are already there For the help yesterday)

Edited on by SmokedSausage

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

InsertPi

All you people complaining about the inventory bug in Minecraft DS:
100 little bugs in the code,
100 little bugs!
Take one out,
Patch it around,
120 little bugs in the code!

I have fixed the bug. (I think)

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

TAINT_Zzyex

wellllllllll... Did you fix the REJECT ZZYEX BUG >:.(

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

randomous

@IAmAPerson Thanks for letting me know. I fixed the bugs, so no matter how you write, it won't crash.

@ramstrong Well, I guess I'll just give up on mine then, since yours will be SO much better lol (sarcasm). I can't wait to see it!

As a side note, text just isn't sufficient to represent language, is it?

Edited on by randomous

randomous

InsertPi

@Zzyex yes, you are now in the credits.
Very soon, I'll be able to change my name again. I'm tempted to change it to Pokeyoshi's nickname for me on the wiki: IAmAPeurson. For the lolz. Should I? Maybe something different? Or should I change it at all? I want to make sure I change it to something I'll want for the next 3 months, cause that's the most often you can change it.

Slayer

IAmAPerson wrote:

@Zzyex yes, you are now in the credits.
Very soon, I'll be able to change my name again. I'm tempted to change it to Pokeyoshi's nickname for me on the wiki: IAmAPeurson. For the lolz. Should I? Maybe something different? Or should I change it at all? I want to make sure I change it to something I'll want for the next 3 months, cause that's the most often you can change it.

IAmAPersson! I know it isn't much of a change, but you know...
Once I can I'm switching back to slayer. 40 more days.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

TAINT_Zzyex

oh, crap i wish i could un-tweet that!

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

Gimmemorecoinz

hi I'm back in the community I found more free time. How many of you are still participating. I'm going to be making some simpler , more well designed games.

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

InsertPi

YES!!! I finished my terrain generator for Minecraft DS! I had to make it myself because of how stuff is done in MCDS. Anyway, time to make some small adjustments and then implement!

@Gimmemorecoinz yay ur back!

EDIT: Look at today's daily blog for details about the terrain generator!

Edited on by InsertPi

Slayer

I'm still discreetly working on a secret project! Is there any way for me to use a level editor separated from the game that I could use? I'm considering of using the Pixelli one, as @Hansausage offered, but I'm not really sure how to take a level editor from a game. I'm bad at blind art and I require assistance.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic