Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 7,521 to 7,540 of 9,620

boot

@IAmAPerson am I the third vote? I think levice voted for me on the wiki.

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

VincentFaraday

I'm still working on Hawthorne Effect, but I would like to start working on a King's Quest type game (i don't want to get burned out). I could either make it like the older games where you have type what you want to do, or I could make it touch based. Also what player perspective should be used? Preferences?

I wish I was on the Enterprise.

3DS Friend Code: 1048-8460-1195

boot

I updated my profile page.

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

InsertPi

boot wrote:

@IAmAPerson am I the third vote? I think levice voted for me on the wiki.

You, randomous, and Abgar are all at 1 vote, and Levi is at 4.

@randomous how did you achieve your screenshot system in Village? I want the option to show the Stevie fist in Minecraft DS screenshots, but the problem is that it's not graphical. @Leviceljir what is it? Sprite or background?

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

LeviCelJir

@IAmAPerson Backgroundsssssssssssssss

@EveryoneElse
LeviCelJir Operating System (LCJ OS) 1.0.0 Is......... COMPLETE!
Expect Qrs Tomorrow or Wednesday but probably tomorrow

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

randomous

@IAmAPerson Well, that would be magic. And GPUTCHR.

GPUTCHR will put an 8X8 character on the GRP at a location of your choosing. Just note that if you want to draw a 16X16 sprite, you need to use GPUTCHR 4 times at 4 different offsets. This also means that you don't call GPUTCHR on the regular sprite number, you call it on the sprite that your thing would start at were it an 8X8 sprite. This is just the sprite # multiplied by 4 for 16X16 sprites, so nothing big there. Oh yeah, and the GRP will take up the color palette of the sprite you placed, so you have to be careful.

Experiment with it, it'll give you a better idea of what it actually does.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

InsertPi

@randomous what about backgrounds? Is that possible?

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

randomous

Yes, GPUTCHR needs you to tell it which character sheet to read from, which can be anything (even fonts).

randomous

Pixelrobin

I STILL WANT PTC 3D TO HAVE POLYGONAL SUPPORT. It could be done could it? even if it was very basic. You could have your standard polygonal shape commands; things like PBOX, PSHERE,PLINE,etc. Then you could load some basic models with MOD files. Oh and textures with TEX files. And I'll be happy even if you could only have 20 or 30 polygons. Just please smileboom! (Fingers crossed)

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Pixelrobin

oh and a command could look like this:
PBOX X,Y,Z,X,Y,Z,(texture, could be a default color one),(use 3D depth?)

Oh and "hit boxes would have to be full shape since ptc ain't a miracle worker.

InsertPi

@JLMan 3D lines will make, well, 3D. A 3D raycasting engine only needs 2D commands, and that's why it's used in Minecraft DS.

calc84maniac

Yeah, I think what you're talking about is wireframe (which is composed only of lines in 3D space). Though that's not entirely too difficult to do with 2D line commands if you project 3D points onto a 2D plane.

calc84maniac

Pixelrobin

@calc84maniac I actually made a 3d engine with ptc. But it was really laggy.

InsertPi

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@calc84maniac I actually made a 3d engine with ptc. But it was really laggy.

Do you mind posting it? It'd be interesting to see. I enjoy figuring out other people's code.

noxuss

Is there anyway to assign variables to certain bg tiles? I want to have a variable called air that decides if the player can fall through the tile.

noxuss

SmokedSausage

@Randomous Could you tell me around which line or label that your snapshot code is at in Village? I would like to examine it.

Edited on by SmokedSausage

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

GraphicGenius

I need a tutorial for sprite collision to work on my game of Pong. @IAmAPerson I know you probably can't answer this but I hope @Randomous can. I just need it badly or I can't make my game.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

SmokedSausage

@GraphicGenius For sprite collision may I suggest using SPHITSP()? Syntax is IF SPHITSP(1ST CONTROL #,OPPONENT CONTROL #)==TRUE THEN DO STUFF

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic