Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 7,441 to 7,460 of 9,620

LeviCelJir

IAmAPerson wrote:

Good news (especially to @Leviceljir)!!! I have officially put MCDSEdit on hold (I dunno how long) to work on Minecraft DS again! I'm working on Beta 1.7 right now, and just added auto world conversion to make old worlds playable! (Be careful; risk of corruption for worlds older than 1.6 is certain.) I just converted my 1.6.6 map into 1.7 without editing the code/using external editing tools!

I hope My 1.5 world doesn't get corrupted :/ But I can't wait!

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

InsertPi

Leviceljir wrote:

I hope My 1.5 world doesn't get corrupted :/ But I can't wait!

It might be. :/ I suggest making a backup before conversion. Also, you might wanna look at the future plans for 1.7. I think you will like it.

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

twinArmageddons

since gimmemorecoinz left and probably wont finish petit smash bros i decided to make pokemon smash bros which is basically smash bros but with pokemon characters :3
http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Pokemon_Smash_Brothers
it has 40 qr codes though
theres 4 characters (2 secret) 3 stages (1 not finished) 2 modes (singleplayer/multiplayer) you can change the amount of lives in a battle theres 4 generic attacks theres a working shield and im working on special moves dodging and grabbing and the enemy ai is kinda slow when its moving but nethertheless its still a decent opponent
also this is my first time using bg tiles so please let me know how i did

Edited on by twinArmageddons

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

mystman12

How can I find the absolute value of something. I want to do something like this:

IF THE ABSOLUTE VALUE OF VARIABLE1 AND VARIABLE2 > VARIABLE3 THEN DO STUFF

I found some sort of ABS command, but I want something I can use in an IF statement, and I'm not completely sure how to use ABS, even after looking in the manual.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

InsertPi

mystman12 wrote:

How can I find the absolute value of something. I want to do something like this:

IF THE ABSOLUTE VALUE OF VARIABLE1 AND VARIABLE2 > VARIABLE3 THEN DO STUFF

I found some sort of ABS command, but I want something I can use in an IF statement, and I'm not completely sure how to use ABS, even after looking in the manual.

IF ABS(VARONE)>VARTWO THEN do stuff here

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

Malltog

IAmAPerson wrote:

The SimpleSimpleC interpreter is done!

SimpleSimpleC?

Anyway, I'm baack!
But not for long.
I've been spending a lot of time in Minecraft (PC) lately and am making a puzzle map. So yeah.

Malltog

Nintendo Network ID: Malltog

mystman12

Wait, I don't think that's what I want. I need the absolute value of two numbers, like how the absolute value of 1 and 4 is 3. I then just need to see weather or not it's greater/smaller than something else. The program needs to be something like this:

IF absolute value of VAR1 and VAR2> VAR3 THEN stuffs

Does absolute value mean something different in programming than it does in algebra?

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!

InsertPi

Malltog wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

The SimpleSimpleC interpreter is done!

SimpleSimpleC?

An interpreted language inside of SimpleC

mystman12 wrote:

I need the absolute value of two numbers, like how the absolute value of 1 and 4 is 3. I then just need to see weather or not it's greater/smaller than something else. The program needs to be something like this:

IF absolute value of VAR1 and VAR2> VAR3 THEN stuffs

Does absolute value mean something different in programming than it does in algebra?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Do you mean the absolute value of 1-4 instead of 1 and 4?

Edited on by InsertPi

mystman12

Last year in my Algebra I learned about absolute value, at least that's what I think it was called. It was like 1|4 was three, and all you had to do to find the answer was subtract the numbers and remove the negative if there was one. That's what I need to do here.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!

twinArmageddons

mystman12 wrote:

Last year in my Algebra I learned about absolute value, at least that's what I think it was called. It was like 1|4 was three, and all you had to do to find the answer was subtract the numbers and remove the negative if there was one. That's what I need to do here.

i don't think that's absolute value
absolute value is like the distance from zero it basically just turns negative numbers positive
|3|=|-3|

GraphicGenius

@IAmAPerson can you post a SimpleC video tutorial? I've been waiting forever to understand how to use it.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

randomous

@IAmAPerson OK, here's that song I told you I'd make (a while back):

Untitled

If anybody else wants it, please feel free to use it. Original song composed by C418. I did not come up with this song, I only ported it (by hand, I might add). The song is from Minecraft, if you didn't know already.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

noxuss

How could I check for collision? I want to make simple physics for a platforming game, but I want the character to fall downwards if he is in the air. Any ideas?

noxuss

twinArmageddons

noxuss wrote:

How could I check for collision? I want to make simple physics for a platforming game, but I want the character to fall downwards if he is in the air. Any ideas?

@LOOP
IF BTRIG() AND 32 THEN GOSUB @JUMP
IF AIR THEN Y=Y+V:V=V+0.15
IF Y>100 THEN Y=100:AIR=FALSE:V=0
VSYNC 1
GOTO @LOOP
@JUMP
IF AIR THEN RETURN
V=-4:BEEP 8:AIR=TRUE
RETURN
in the future you'll probably want more advanced collision detection

noxuss

twinArmageddons wrote:

noxuss wrote:

@LOOP
IF BTRIG() AND 32 THEN GOSUB @JUMP
IF AIR THEN Y=Y+V:V=V+0.15
IF Y>100 THEN Y=100:AIR=FALSE:V=0
VSYNC 1
GOTO @LOOP
@JUMP
IF AIR THEN RETURN
V=-4:BEEP 8:AIR=TRUE
RETURN
in the future you'll probably want more advanced collision detection

I see how this would work. However, during my init of my program, what should I set those variables as? By the way, you seem like a great and fast programmer.

noxuss

twinArmageddons

noxuss wrote:

twinArmageddons wrote:

noxuss wrote:

<snip>

I see how this would work. However, during my init of my program, what should I set those variables as? By the way, you seem like a great and fast programmer.

thanks do this for init
@INIT
ACLS:CLEAR:X=100:Y=50:AIR=TRUE:V=0
then use spset and spofs to put a sprite
also V means velocity

noxuss

twinArmageddons wrote:

noxuss wrote:

twinArmageddons wrote:

noxuss wrote:

<snip>

thanks do this for init
@INIT
also V means velocity

Sorry I don't know much. This is all making sense, but how would I actually make it affect the character itself? and, how would I specify if something is air, and if something is not? Thanks for the help c:

noxuss

twinArmageddons

noxuss wrote:

twinArmageddons wrote:

noxuss wrote:

twinArmageddons wrote:

noxuss wrote:

<snip>

thanks do this for init
@INIT
also V means velocity

Sorry I don't know much. This is all making sense, but how would I actually make it affect the character itself? and, how would I specify if something is air, and if something is not? Thanks for the help c:

sorry i dont know how to do very advanced collision detection but try doing this for a sprite
@INIT
<insert code>
SPSET 0,64,0,0,0,1
@LOOP
SPOFS 0,X,Y
<insert code>
VSYNC 1
GOTO @LOOP
also the AIR variable just checks if you're in the air

noxuss

sorry i dont know how to do very advanced collision detection but try doing this for a sprite
@INIT
<insert code>
SPSET 0,64,0,0,0,1
@LOOP
SPOFS 0,X,Y
<insert code>
VSYNC 1
GOTO @LOOP
also the AIR variable just checks if you're in the air

aha, that was easy, can't believe I didn't think of that

noxuss

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic