Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 7,181 to 7,200 of 9,620

InsertPi

@ShadowGame the tutorial is downloadable because it is too big to post on the wiki.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

ShadowGame

@IAmAPerson
Is there a Way, in This Forum, to send a Private Message? If yes, can you send me the tutorial or only a commands list?

Edited on by ShadowGame

ShadowGame

Malltog

Malltog wrote:

Hello. Got ANOTHER question!
I'm making a simple game so as to learn sprites.

I've got this: (skipping past initialization, yes I do CLEAR)

I wrote:

@LOOP
SPREAD(CUR), X, Y
SPREAD(1),WX,WY
IF MAINCNTL%90==0 THEN GOSUB @WITCH
IF SPHIT(0,1) GOTO @END
IF SPHIT(2,1) GOTO @END
IF SPHIT(3,1) GOTO @END
IF BUTTON() AND 1 THEN GOSUB @UP
IF BUTTON() AND 2 THEN GOSUB @DOWN
IF BUTTON() AND 4 THEN GOSUB @LEFT
IF BUTTON() AND 8 THEN GOSUB @RIGHT
IF BUTTON()==0 THEN SPANIM 0,1,0 : AN = TRUE
IF BUTTON()==0 THEN SPANIM 2,1,0
IF BUTTON()==0 THEN SPANIM 3,1,0
IF BUTTON() AND 16 THEN CUR=(CUR+1)%3
IF CUR>0 THEN CUR=CUR+1
GOTO @LOOP

@UP
SPCHR CUR,76
IF AN THEN SPANIM CUR,4,20 : AN = FALSE
SPOFS CUR,X,Y-2,2
RETURN

@DOWN
SPCHR CUR,68
SPOFS CUR,X,Y+2,2
RETURN

@LEFT
SPCHR CUR,72
SPOFS CUR,X-2,Y,2
RETURN

@RIGHT
SPCHR CUR,64
SPOFS CUR,X+2,Y,2
RETURN

(snipped, the witch stuff doesn't touch CUR)

Does anyone know how CUR can get set to 4?

... No answers yet?

In other news, Carrot OS 1.0 is out!
Check the wiki page.
EDIT Not quite now, but later today. Stupid school.

Edited on by Malltog

Malltog

Nintendo Network ID: Malltog

boot

@IAmAPerson im not trying to copy you or anything but a while ago I abbandend a language I was working on. I dicided to continue, will it bother you that im making a language too? if so then I can just make it for myself. it actually has a lot of commands so far. im calling it Boot Basic. its basic enugh for a boot to use it :/. I did it a lot different then yours and its very, very basic to use. EX: the command SPRITE (number) displays the sprite number you give it.

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

607jf

@randomous Dat Yellow "SmileBoom" Dsi XL is Epic! Wish i had it. :3

Chao!, Nintendo, Need For Speed, Minecraft And More! 3Ds FC-4742-5514-6521.

InsertPi

ShadowGame wrote:

@IAmAPerson
Is there a Way, in This Forum, to send a Private Message? If yes, can you send me the tutorial or only a commands list?

No, there isn't. Also, with the syntax of commands, it requires a full explanation, so there's no "just command list". Anyway, do you not have a computer to download the file? If you do, are you nervous about viruses? It is virus free. First off, I don't know how to make one. Two, why would I do that?

@Boot I don't have the authority to keep you from doing that. Go on! I can't stop you. I don't mind anyway. Part of my inspiration to do SimpleC was @Bluerobin2's SmallMath, although mine is more like a simple, all-purpose C++.

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

mystman12

The updated version of my game is up. You can check the QR codes thread or the link in my sig for downloads. This version introduces the games main feature, charging! (It sounds SO exciting, doesn't it? ) Each stage will have four chargers, pumping these will add to their charge value, shown on the info to the right of the game screen. (Each charger corresponds to the value in the same corner. So, for example, the value of the charger in the upper right will be shown with the upper right value.) After each charger is past 100, the elevator opens, allowing the player to complete the stage and progress. For a full change log and more info, use the link in my signature. I hope you guys like what I'm doing.

Btw, I'm going to start needing some opinions to make this game as good as it can be. I'll need to know if pumping should add more or less to the values, if you should be able to pump faster or slower, if the pumps should lose charge faster or slower, etc. Keep in mind that I'm not quite ready yet, since there are no enemies yet, but everyone's opinion could definitely help.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

GraphicGenius

@IAmAPerson can you make a list of commands for the new SimpleC update? I tried some commands and I totally failed.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

twinArmageddons

i got bored today and wanted to see how fast i could remake aottg and in like 3 hours i completely remade it with bigger sprites, better physics, better animation, better scrolling, and completely bug free. instead of glitching out and flashing around the hook now it circles around it
im gonna finish 1 more update for aottg and then stop working on it to work on the new version

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

GraphicGenius

is it possible to take screenshots in Petit Computer? I've seen others do it before and I really want to do it.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

TAINT_Zzyex

yoyoyo fat Zz here! im in dat procrastinatin mode so ima going to put off ultima to finish my old project Tales of Alzonia. its a text adventure. also @programerpro i knows more langauges then youz! Engleesh, portuguese, spanneesh, apple BASIC, visual BASIC and smile BASIC. im also learning kana (the first japenese alphabet, the speaking langauge is two alphabets at once.

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

LeviCelJir

Hey guys Will this work:

@LOOP
B=BUTTON()
IF B AND 32 THEN GOTO @SHOT
IF SHOOT=1 THEN GOTO @MS
GOTO @LOOP

@SHOT
SHOOT=1
blah
blah
blah
RETURN

@MS
blah
blah
blah
RETURN

It gives me a syntax error at
IF SHOOT=1 THEN GOTO @MS
how do i fix that? thanks

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

TAINT_Zzyex

Leviceljir wrote:

Hey guys Will this work:

@LOOP
B=BUTTON()
IF B AND 32 THEN GOTO @SHOT
IF SHOOT=1 THEN GOTO @MS
GOTO @LOOP

@SHOT
SHOOT=1
blah
blah
blah
RETURN

@MS
blah
blah
blah
RETURN

It gives me a syntax error at
IF SHOOT=1 THEN GOTO @MS
how do i fix that? thanks

i would say its all those 'blahs'...

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

Malltog

@Leviceljir One equals is set to. Two equals is is equal to. So the correct line would be
IF SHOOT==1 THEN GOSUB @MS
And if you want to RETURN then use GOSUB not GOTO.

Edit Woah. Two people posted in the time it took me to write this.

Edited on by Malltog

Malltog

Slayer

IAmAPerson wrote:

@0Games it's not that hard. I'm posting a 3-page manual on how the language works and a list of commands. It's very easy, and MUCH, MUCH like C++. That's why I'm calling it SimpleC. One command even has the EXACT same syntax as its partner in C++.

Cool. I love C++, I have quite a bit of knowledge on it, which is why I haven't been using Petit Computer much lately.

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

yoyoyo fat Zz here! im in dat procrastinatin mode so ima going to put off ultima to finish my old project Tales of Alzonia. its a text adventure. also @programerpro i knows more langauges then youz! Engleesh, portuguese, spanneesh, apple BASIC, visual BASIC and smile BASIC. im also learning kana (the first japenese alphabet, the speaking langauge is two alphabets at once.

You are much too off-topic for my tastes. Also, SmileBASIC, Visual BASIC, and C++. Owned. Lol, I might as well best him in his own game as for programming.
Don't worry everyone, I haven't forgotten Apocalypse Rising. I'm working on zombie AI currently. I'm not focusing on where I'm stuck.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Malltog

Python, VB, C#, SmileBASIC (of course), Bash, CMD, Java, JavaScript, C++, and x86 assembly. And Ruby.
Take that, @0Games, who I originally called @IAmAPerson by mistake.
Though I never really learned graphics in anything other than SmileBASIC, and can't make anything useful in assembly (who can?). I also never really learned GUIs in Python.

Ok, enough offtopicness. Can anybody answer my question?

Edited on by Malltog

Malltog

TAINT_Zzyex

0Games wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

@0Games it's not that hard. I'm posting a 3-page manual on how the language works and a list of commands. It's very easy, and MUCH, MUCH like C++. That's why I'm calling it SimpleC. One command even has the EXACT same syntax as its partner in C++.

Cool. I love C++, I have quite a bit of knowledge on it, which is why I haven't been using Petit Computer much lately.

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

You are much too off-topic for my tastes. Also, SmileBASIC, Visual BASIC, and C++. Owned. Lol, I might as well best him in his own game as for programming.

same number bro. you forgot i know apple basic.

Edited on by theblackdragon

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

Slayer

Ok, I give up, people. How do I program some shooting with a bullet? My memorization of how to do that totally slipped and I can't remember how anymore. Zombie AI can wait for now, help me.

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

same number bro. you forgot i know apple basic.

I'm talking programming. C++ is far more powerful than apple basic.

Edited on by theblackdragon

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic