Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 7,141 to 7,160 of 9,620

Discostew

UltraWolf2X wrote:

@Discostew Search feature? How do I do that? @ProgrammerPro A 2d Minecraft game.

In EDIT mode (where you type in the code), there is a Magnifying Glass icon just under the ENTER button. You press that, and enter what you want to search. You then use UP/DOWN on the D-Pad to cycle through all instances of the keyword you put in.

Oh, and I should thank you for your question, because when you asked that, I looked for the particular function it was stored in, and then I followed how the code executed, leading to my code where it grabs and decompresses the graphical data so it can use CHRSET to write them in. In my sub-function @CFR8X82 (which handles extracting 2-bit data), I remembered that it uses 4 HEX$ functions. After some tinkering, I reduced it to 1 HEX$ and handled the inner part differently. Results? On a 40001 iteration loop, I reduced processing time from 384 frames to 266 frames. Almost cut off 1/3 the time it takes to expand an 8-bit value into a 16-bit hex string.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

InsertPi

@programmerpro you probably don't have a command at the end to halt the program. Commands like BUT or SLP do that. BUT waits for a button press to continue.

BUT[button ID]

SLP waits for a set amount of seconds.

SLP[5]

If you don't have one of those 2 at the end, then it won't pause. Also, when you write a line, there'll be a space at the beginning of the line. DON'T TAKE OUT THAT SPACE. It's very important.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

UltraWolf2X

Thanks, Discostew, I want to change the Megaman sprite into my own, and can one of you download Petit tunnel and post the qr's for me please? I want to play it but I can't download nothing on the computer...
EDIT: I wish Hairbanman was here so I can ask him where the sprite graphics are for his Tristones.

Edited on by UltraWolf2X

Herpa-Derp Derp!!!
My 3DS Friend Code: 3609-1380-2642

Pixelrobin

@IamAPerson I'm sorry for puting it in that way. I'm not angry and I don't hate what you're doing. I think you're going in the right direction, but the language is far from complete.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

InsertPi

@Bluerobin2 it's ok. I know it's nowhere near complete. I've worked on it for 2 days (LITERALLY). I just added another graphic command (equilavant to GPAINT (DRAW.FILL)) and about to start on sprites, more lines, and better WHEN statements. (Also, do you guys like the C-like way of doing it, with the { }?)

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

TAINT_Zzyex

new quote from a book im reading. @discostew thx for your help, you was rightz

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

ShadowGame

@IAmAPerson
How did you make SimpleBasic?
How did you change run, load etc on the touchscreen to out and so on?

Is it possible to make an own Language with short commands like:

Change: If btrig()==16 goto @
To: if a==press goto @
And if yes: How i can do this??
How can I change your commands?
That it Prints the Text by P<
And not by Out<

Sorry for so many questions.

Edited on by ShadowGame

ShadowGame

GraphicGenius

@IAmAPerson now that I actually know how to do it, SimpleBasic is amazing!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

InsertPi

@programmerpro thanks!
@ShadowGame I used MID$ and LEN a lot. MID$ finds things in the middle of a string. LEN gets the length of a string. The hardest part, I'd say, was making the interface instead of the interpreter itself! xD Anyway, the commands on there are all programmed to be 4 letters. But you could do P<<<. Anyway, open it in edit mode and scroll down to the bottom. You'll see a lot of DATA. Change that. It should be self-explanatory. Just make sure it's 4 letters!

One more thing, I'm making it easier (I hope) by improving the basic commands. So instead of INS>0 or INV>0, there's now INP>STR[0] or INP>VAR[0]. And that's just one thing of MANY.

Malltog

ShadowGame wrote:

How did you change run, load etc on the touchscreen to out and so on?

@IAmAPerson already answered this, but his answer was specific to his program.
In general, you can change those top five keys using the KEY command.
I haven't used it and I can't find it in the manual right now but I remember it's there.

Malltog

Nintendo Network ID: Malltog

InsertPi

I'm adding objects (sprites) and the language has changes SO MUCH I hardly recognize it as the same language. I call it C--. It's influenced VERY much by C++, but it's a LOT less powerful. I thought C-- fit it well. The main differences are the lack of having libraries and the fact that it isn't object-oriented. Anyway, here's how to use objects:
OBJCT.SET[control number;x coord;y coord;sprite number]
OBJCT.MOV[control number;new x;new y]
OBJCT.SIZ[control number;size]
OCLR
Finally, since the commands are getting more complex, instead of a command list, I'll just make a full-out tutorial. What file type should I use? I can use .doc .docx .pdf. I'm not gonna use .txt cause of formatting limitations.

I'll resume work on MCDSEdit after this coming update, then after I release MCDSEdit, I'll resume on Minecraft DS. This completely contradicts my general rule of working on only one major project. :/

Edited on by InsertPi

ShadowGame

@IAmAPerson
Thanks and your SimpleBasic is really good!!
How can i add new commands?
I would make a Simple Language for a friend .

ShadowGame

Malltog

@IAmAPerson There's already a C--, too. Also, I'd recommend RTF because it's accessible to people on Macs or Linux or FreeBSD or others.

Malltog

Nintendo Network ID: Malltog

InsertPi

@ShadowGame adding commands is hard to explain, but I'll try. Add how many commands your adding to COMMCOUNT at the top. Then add the first 4 letters of the command to the DATA at the bottom under @COMMANDS. Then where you see the long sequence of
IF J==something THEN something
Add to that what you wanna do. If the command sequence is too long, add it on a subroutine.

@Malltog I can't find another C--. Link?

Edited on by InsertPi

ShadowGame

@IAmAPerson
Thanks!
If have only One problem:
I made a command to load sprites.
You must set the variable SP for the sprite select:
Spset SPN,SP,0,0,0,1,16,16
The problem: if i Set the variable SP to, lets say, 76 then it doesnt Show the sprite with Nr 76 (a Boy).
Its always the sprite with the arrow to the right. Why?

ShadowGame

Arn0ld

IAmAPerson wrote:

I'm adding objects (sprites) and the language has changes SO MUCH I hardly recognize it as the same language. I call it C--. It's influenced VERY much by C++, but it's a LOT less powerful. I thought C-- fit it well. The main differences are the lack of having libraries and the fact that it isn't object-oriented. Anyway, here's how to use objects:
OBJCT.SET[control number;x coord;y coord;sprite number]
OBJCT.MOV[control number;new x;new y]
OBJCT.SIZ[control number;size]
OCLR
Finally, since the commands are getting more complex, instead of a command list, I'll just make a full-out tutorial. What file type should I use? I can use .doc .docx .pdf. I'm not gonna use .txt cause of formatting limitations.

I'll resume work on MCDSEdit after this coming update, then after I release MCDSEdit, I'll resume on Minecraft DS. This completely contradicts my general rule of working on only one major project. :/

Looks great and kudos to you on your new language, I do have one question though: for object move what about interpolation time? You know, how long it takes something to get somewhere.

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

InsertPi

Just added sprites and successfully made a program where you can move a sprite with the D-pad! Tell me if you want code. Added commands to do this: OBJECT.SET, OBJECT.MOV, labels, GOTO, BUT[] in WHEN.
@ShadowGame ahhh the frustration of interpreter engines. Sorry. Can't help. :/
@Xtremetdifan put a SLP commad in the loop. For me, the lag of the interpreter in one loop is about how long a VSYNC 1 is, so no problem there! To increase speed, change how much is added to both axi when you move.

Edited on by InsertPi

ShadowGame

@IAmAPerson
I would have the code (or QR-Codes), please.
I really like your SimpleBasic!!

ShadowGame

GraphicGenius

IAmAPerson wrote:

Just added sprites and successfully made a program where you can move a sprite with the D-pad! Tell me if you want code. Added commands to do this: OBJECT.SET, OBJECT.MOV, labels, GOTO, BUT[] in WHEN.
@ShadowGame ahhh the frustration of interpreter engines. Sorry. Can't help. :/
@Xtremetdifan put a SLP commad in the loop. For me, the lag of the interpreter in one loop is about how long a VSYNC 1 is, so no problem there! To increase speed, change how much is added to both axi when you move.

post the qrs!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic