Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 7,021 to 7,040 of 9,620

Gimmemorecoinz

ok guys I'm stumped trying to port Minecraft DS from petit computer to pc. Does anyone other than the person who made the raycasting engine that minecraft uses understand the commands in it?
especially the part where it's like

if !map(x, y) and !map(X, y-DX) then goto castyloop

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Gimmemorecoinz

@Calc84maniac will you help me port your raycasting engine to pc? I got most of it ported but there's a few issues with the code..

Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

calc84maniac

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

@Calc84maniac will you help me port your raycasting engine to pc? I got most of it ported but there's a few issues with the code..

I wouldn't really consider my engine as very suitable for PC, since it's pretty much designed for the limitations of Petit Computer. There are tons of better raycasting examples out there. (Out of curiosity, what language are you coding it in?)

calc84maniac

Gimmemorecoinz

calc84maniac wrote:

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

I wouldn't really consider my engine as very suitable for PC, since it's pretty much designed for the limitations of Petit Computer. There are tons of better raycasting examples out there. (Out of curiosity, what language are you coding it in?)

PlayBasic.
I'm doing this so that I can port the minecraft for DS engine to pC and add real multiplayer to it just for fun.

Discostew

@IAmAPerson

The former is faster, no matter if BUTTON() AND 16 is true or false. Assigning a value or string to a variable is expensive. Of my test, the former came out 3.36% faster if BUTTON() AND 16 is true, and 39.77% faster if BUTTON() AND 16 is false.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

InsertPi

@Discostew wow. I really need to rethink my hatred toward IF statements. o_O That's a BIG speed difference.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

GraphicGenius

IAmAPerson wrote:

I have a question. (Rare I ask these.) What's faster? IF statements or math. Example: is it faster to do:
IF BUTTON() AND 16 THEN X=X+1
or is it faster to do:
X=X+1*(BUTTON() AND 16)/16

I try as hard as I can to avoid IFs and use math instead. Is this the best and fastest method? Or is there a better way? While I'm at it, one more question. Is it faster to use a series of IFs or ON? I don't know, since ON requires a GOTO/GOSUB.

1st one. It works with sprites too.
Speaking about sprites, here's an animation for sprites to move around:

SPSET 0,64,0,0,0:X=110:Y=130
@ANIMATION
SPOFS 0,X,Y
B=BUTTON()
IF B=4 THEN X=X-2
IF B=8 THEN X=X+2
IF B=1 THEN Y=Y-2
IF B=2 THEN Y=Y+2
IF Y<10 AND Y>0 THEN Y=12
IF X<10 AND X>0 THEN X=12
GOTO @ANIMATION

Edited on by GraphicGenius

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

TAINT_Zzyex

randomous in my defence butt and a hole translate to the same thing in portugesse. also unfair ban for speaking in a different langauge

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

LeviCelJir

This time I PROMISE 1.6.6 will be released tomorrow ;D

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

TAINT_Zzyex

theblackdragon wrote:

@TAINT_Zzyex: I'm not sure what you're talking about, but since profanity and bans are on the table, did you have something to say to me...?

i was banned on the wiki for calling him a butt in portuggese, a laungauge i am fluent in, and in it a** is the same word, when he translated it thats what it said. i didnt meen to swear so i appealed on this, 'cause he goes here also. It was an unfair ban. he thought i had started a fight so i called him an ignorant butt. He translated it and it said the not nice version. then i was banned
EDIT: funny story... when i typed it i entered the wrong word. hahaha... but it wasnt the bad one it was the donkey version XD hahaha... right? the swear is c*. i didnt say that version of it. when he translated it it said ass as in donkey! btw i taught myself portugesse so i could play this brazilian rpg...

Edited on by TAINT_Zzyex

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

randomous

@Zzyex This isn't the place to do this; it's completely off topic.

randomous

TAINT_Zzyex

well @randomous were should i do this? the wiki you meanly banned me from?!? for a mistranslation on your part? ha! i cant do a lick on the wiki. all because you doubted my skills and banned me. i know the langauge. [i messed up once geez.]

Edited on by theblackdragon

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

Slayer

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

well @randomous were should i do this? the wiki you meanly banned me from?!? for a mistranslation on your part? ha! i cant do a lick on the wiki. all because you doubted my skills and banned me. i know the langauge. [i messed up once geez.] eú bumbum idioma

Your fowl foreign talk surpasses Google Translate.
And @randomous has a point, if you want to do this somewhere, do it somewhere else. There are plenty of other threads in Nintendo Life. This isn't the place for that here.
I play Ace Attorney. You don't wanna mess with me. XD
Dang it, I need to teach myself Japanese to play Rockman X8 for PC...

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

randomous

I apologize for the off-topic posts I have caused by this ordeal. @TAINT_Zzyex you've only been banned for a week. I'm sorry for assuming you were cursing, but you're still banned for your rude behavior with "Random = stupid" and "ban me? ban my butt!" (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt by assuming you said "butt" here, even though the common phrase uses the other word).

Edit: You can still post on your wall on the Wiki if you want. I'll read it.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

UltraDragnYoshi

Hello!
I've been lurking this(Actually, the QR thread) thread, for some time now. I finally decided to make an account
I'm not to good a programing. but I do like to draw Graphics!
I'm currently working on some minecraft style graphics.

I've currently drawn. Grass, dirt, Tree drunk, leaves, wood, TNT, water, gavel, sand, stone, torch and door.
They're actually meant for a 2d minecraft.

Edit:Pictures coming soon.

Edited on by UltraDragnYoshi

If anyone, will work on a 2D Minecraft. I'll gladly supply, all the graphics...

Slayer

Leviceljir wrote:

Uh oh. Did @IAmAPerson "retire" already? And to be honest, I feel like helping out with this, but my minor skills don't allow me...

LeviCelJir

0Games wrote:

Leviceljir wrote:

Uh oh. Did @IAmAPerson "retire" already? And to be honest, I feel like helping out with this, but my minor skills don't allow me...

WHAT No no I was just helping him with something. He'll "retire" after 2.0 And I know nothing about graphics.

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

InsertPi

@0Games no, I have not "retired" yet. I'm working on MCDSEdit right now, and while I'm on that project, @Leviceljir is being nice and working on Minecraft DS until I resume. And no skill is too small! If I need something beyond your knowledge, I'll teach you!

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Slayer

IAmAPerson wrote:

@0Games no, I have not "retired" yet. I'm working on MCDSEdit right now, and while I'm on that project, @Leviceljir is being nice and working on Minecraft DS until I resume. And no skill is too small! If I need something beyond your knowledge, I'll teach you!

Thanks. Nice to know you're still on board.
I'm calling it a day. I'll work on AR tomorrow.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic