Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 7,001 to 7,020 of 9,620

Pixelrobin

randomous wrote:

@mystman12 Cool, if I ever have time for Petit Computer again, I'll try to make that next.

There is always time for Petit Computer. What is this other time-consuming activity that hinders your epic creativity?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

randomous

@Bluerobin2 Lol school and work.

Would anybody care if I reused the felt pattern from Solitaire for Othello? I really like it lol.
Oh yeah, a fun tidbit (well, I think it's fun): the felt background in the two Solitaire games is randomly generated each time you start the game. That means you could see different patterns each time you play! That is, if you're into looking at the patterns in backgrounds lol.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

iprice

I have created a new game called "Drench" - http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Drench which I have entered into the "Petit Art Series" contest on the PTC Wiki.

If enjoy the game, please consider voting for it here - http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Petit_Art_Series

There are no real prizes, just virtual badges for the Wiki, so it's all a bit of fun, but it would still be nice to be appreciated by fellow PTC users. Positive and critical feedback encourages future growth.

So, please scan in Drench, have a play and vote for it.

Cheers

Edited on by iprice

I code, therefore I am.

steriaca

randomous wrote:

Would anybody be interested in Othello/Reversi on Petit Computer?

Humm... Yes, that would be a nice program.

Other games waiting to be writen, but as of yet not, are:
Blackjack
Poker
War (the card game)
Clock (the solitar game)
Camp Blood (the card game, rules fleshed out based on the rougth rules told in a Friday the 13th movie)

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

iprice

I second Othello. Great game

I code, therefore I am.

Malltog

Malltog wrote:

(snipped)
And I've got a question of my own! I've been trying to copy a PTC file from my SD card to my computer, code it on the computer, and then use PTC Utilities to generate QR codes, scan those in, and test it. A) Is there a better way to do it? B) The QR codes keep cutting off the last bit of code. What can I do to fix this?

Can somebody please answer my questions? Also, why can't I put capital letters in PTCUtilities' PRG Editor?

Malltog

Nintendo Network ID: Malltog

Slayer

randomous wrote:

@Bluerobin2 Lol school and work.

And don't forget schoolwork. It consumes time, that's why I can't work on Apocalypse Rising immediately when I get on sometimes.
I need shooting, and Trinitro21 on GameFAQs helped me, but my inexperience doesn't allow me to translate this nor understand...
GameFAQs Flashback:

0Games wrote:

Apocalypse Rising is actually nearly done, yesterday I implemented basic walking. I still need to animate it, but that's fine. I need SHOOTING, and I remembered how to do that, but the information doesn't come to mind at all...
I needed some assistance, so I decided to make a thread for help instead of making a thread for every problem I run into.
So shooting. How do I do that again...?

DracoXIV wrote:

Since idk how to do it myself, here's a witty response:

Pull the trigger.

cmart595 wrote:

That's hilarious man! Idk know how to do it either... get it from on of the sample games?

Trinitro21 wrote:

You'd have a 2D array to store the bullets' data(if it exists, x, y, direction). Then you'd have a subroutine to go through all the bullets, check if they exist, change their x values, and offset them. To shoot, go through the array, find a blank spot, assign the correct values, and set the sprite.

0Games wrote:

I suppose I could try to work that out. Good method.

I'm stuck on understanding that. Array tutorial or translation into code, I don't care, I just need this!

I have nothing really to say about myself.

iprice

A) PTC Utilities is so unstable that coding anything with it will likely take you more time than actually doing it on your actual system, plus it's impossible to test in PTC so you might as well get used to using PTC itself.

B) Add extra REM statements at the end of your code, maybe?

C) Because PTC Utilities really isn't a great editor. It's so buggy that other than for using it to create QRS it's pretty much useless.

I code, therefore I am.

Malltog

iprice wrote:

B) Add extra REM statements at the end of your code, maybe?

I completely agree. But why would it do that in the first place?

Anyhow, Carrot OS 0.2 is out in a few minutes. It's not very much changed from 0.1 on the outside but it's got a bit of a plugging-in API. Details in the QR post.

Malltog

InsertPi

Malltog wrote:

Why can't I put capital letters in PTCUtilities' PRG Editor?

It was coded for the Japanese, so it doesn't recognize shift+letter. You can copy and paste from notepad, wordpad, etc. but it's pretty unstable so try to do that only when using quotes, since commands are autocapitalized when run, and save often.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Ralph

Discostew wrote:

They are definitely sprites, but are manually enlarged from 16x16 to 64x64, copying into the last couple of sprite slots (since each 64x64 sprite frame takes up 1/4 of a slot). The sprites themselves can then be scaled up via SPSCALE, allowing up to double their original size before sprite clipping occurs (though sprite clipping can occur when rotating them).

Oh, I thought I remembered it using gputchr to enlarge the sprites.
Edit: nevermind

Edited on by Ralph

Ralph

InsertPi

@Ralph I typically use GPUTCHR for text that i want to use a graphic coord instead of LOCATE, I want it bigger or smaller, or I want to change spacing.

GPUTCHR X coord,Y coord,type of CHR,numerical value,color,scale

For text, I'd do:

TEXT$="How are you?"
FOR I=0 TO LEN(TEXT$)-1
GPUTCHR I*10,(y coord),"BGF",ASC(MID$(TEXT$,I,1)),0,1
NEXT

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

ShadowGame

If sphit(0,2)!=true then goto @loop Else goto @d Return
Gives an error. Whats false?

ShadowGame

TAINT_Zzyex

new profile pic.
Also anyone know a good large map editor without using r/l sort of like scred but bigger?
also anyone who plays clash of clans join ptc users.

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

InsertPi

ShadowGame wrote:

first off, dont add the RETURN at the end. try that. i dont completely know how sprites work

ShadowGame

Ok, thanks. I try this.

EDIT: This gives the Same error.
sphit(1,2) works, but sphit(0,2) not...

Edited on by ShadowGame

ShadowGame

Discostew

ShadowGame wrote:

Could you please tell us what the error says? just by looking at the code, I could guess a few things.

If you do have a sprite using index 0, then it will likely case an error.

The "Return" statement at the end is another possible error. Because GOTO goes directly to another label without ever coming back, the "return" will never be executed. Not exactly an error, but if you are wanting it to come back to this point of execution, then the GOTO needs to be a GOSUB. But, as afar as errors are concerned, because you are not separating the two statements with a ":", the interpreter will think it is all one statement rather than separate statements, and will probably bring up with an error.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

noxuss

ShadowGame wrote:

Ok, thanks. I try this.

EDIT: This gives the Same error.
sphit(1,2) works, but sphit(0,2) not...

Perhaps the sprite it calls for, is not currently set in the game, or has been deleted.

noxuss

InsertPi

I have a question. (Rare I ask these.) What's faster? IF statements or math. Example: is it faster to do:
IF BUTTON() AND 16 THEN X=X+1
or is it faster to do:
X=X+1*(BUTTON() AND 16)/16

I try as hard as I can to avoid IFs and use math instead. Is this the best and fastest method? Or is there a better way? While I'm at it, one more question. Is it faster to use a series of IFs or ON? I don't know, since ON requires a GOTO/GOSUB.

Malltog

I have a question.
Is there any way to get a list of all the files on the Petit Computer? Perhaps as a string array?
FILES is Run-Mode-only.

Edited on by Malltog

Malltog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic