Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 6,901 to 6,920 of 9,620

InsertPi

@Hansausage I'll get them to you 2morrow. Also, ASC() gets a numerical value for each character. To save using this and GRP, enter this into your code:

INPUT "Profile name";PROFILE$
INPUT "Slot";SLOT
LOAD "GRP:PROFILE",0
FOR I=0 TO LEN(PROFILE$)-1
GPSET I,SLOT,ASC(MID$(PROFILE$,I,1))
NEXT
SYSBEEP=0
SAVE "GRP:PROFILE"
SYSBEEP=1

To load it:

INPUT "Load which profile slot";SLOT
SYSBEEP=0
LOAD "GRP:PROFILE",0
SYSBEEP=1
PROFILE$=""
FOR I=0 TO 29
PROFILE$=PROFILE$+CHR$(GSPOIT(I,SLOT))
NEXT

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Slayer

Hansausage wrote:

@Iamaperson Can you release the Alpha Versions please so that i can add that to the next update?

Look at the QR code sharing to find past versions of Minecraft DS, some might be Raycraft though.
I was spending my free time playing a game of good ol' Minecraft (The PC one, not DS) and I guess I should get working on Apocalypse Rising. I messed with the X and Y of movement, attempting to make the character faster. But apparently it just moves more. Oh well. I need help with shooting, and GameFAQs assistance is on standby. I'll post results later.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

SmokedSausage

IAmAPerson wrote:

@Hansausage I'll get them to you 2morrow. Also, ASC() gets a numerical value for each character. To save using this and GRP, enter this into your code:

INPUT PROFILE$
INPUT SLOT
FOR I=0 TO LEN(PROFILE$)-1
GPSET I,SLOT,ASC(MID$(PROFILE$,I,1)
NEXT
SYSBEEP=0
SAVE "GRP:PROFILE"
SYSBEEP=1

Thank you I will try that out. And thanks so much for the Alpha Versions!

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

InsertPi

@Hansausage I posted better saving code and loading code; look again!

Also, follow me on twitter! I post updates to my stuff, if anyone cares to keep up with that kind of stuff.

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

SmokedSausage

Could i get an explanation on how this code works? I am not THAT Advanced yet. And i get a missing operand error for ASCand i want to be able to debug that error

Twitter:

InsertPi

Hansausage wrote:

Could i get an explanation on how this code works? I am not THAT Advanced yet. And i get a missing operand error for ASCand i want to be able to debug that error

My bad. I forgot to post the final ) on the ASC command
GPSET I,SLOT,ASC(MID$(PROFILE$,I,1))

Anyway, here's a just of how it works. It gets the name if the profile and the slot. There can be up to about 150 (?) slots. It runs a FOR loop. It will loop from I (or any variable) to the second number. At the end of the loop, we put NEXT
FOR J=5 TO 10
'stuff here
NEXT
It will start J at 5 and loop until it reaches 10. Since I did not include STEP, it increases by 1 each time. You use step like this:
FOR J=0 TO 10 STEP 2
PRINT J ",";
NEXT
Your output will be:
Now, GPSET puts a dot on a specific point on the screen of a specific colour.
GPSET X,Y,COLOUR
The colour can't be "red" or "blue". It has to be a number. There we use ASC.
GPSET X,Y,ASC(stuff)
SLOT will be the Y axis, and J will be the X
GPSET J,SLOT,ASC(MID$(PROFILE$,I,1))
MID$ is used to inspect strings. Syntax:
STRING$=MID$(string$,initial position,character count)
PROFILE$ is out string. We want to inspect J in the string, and only 1 character at a time.
MID$(PROFILE$,J,1)
LEN() is used to find the length of a string, so I use:
FOR J=0 TO LEN(PROFILE$)-1
I subtract 1 because J starts at 0 and not 1. Let's put it all together!
FOR J=0 TO LEN(PROFILE$)-1
GPSET I,SLOT,ASC(MID$(PROFILE$,J,1))
NEXT
Tada! That's it! GSPOIT gets the colour value from a spot on the screen. CHR$ is the opposite of ASC; it gets the character value from a number.

Pixelrobin

@IamAPerson Remove the second layer. MCDS 1.6 is the laggist thing I have ever seen.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

InsertPi

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@IamAPerson Remove the second layer. MCDS 1.6 is the laggist thing I have ever seen.

I'm working on reducing lag. Sorry. If you hate the lag, you can either remove it manually (which is pretty easy) or just play a version before Beta 1.5. Orrrrr...

POLL: I agree that it is laggy as crap. I'm considering making the textures 8x8 again to reduce lag. Performance or looks? Your choice. Voting starts...NOW!

Edited on by InsertPi

InsertPi

Hansausage wrote:

.......Thanks for the explanation!

No problem! Did you have a hard time understanding it?

SmokedSausage

Little bit but it's not the way you explained it it's just my Programming experience.
I will eventually figure it out!

Twitter:

Discostew

Ok everyone.....

Untitled

You want to see something strange and mystical?

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

SmokedSausage

Discostew wrote:

Ok everyone.....

Untitled

You want to see something strange and mystical?

UNLEASH A WORLD OF STRANGENESS!!!!!!!!

Twitter:

InsertPi

Voting has ended because I have made up my mind! Performance! I'll make a quick release of 1.6.5 sometime hopefully tomorrow with 8x8 textures instead of 16x16.

Lego-Meister

I need help. What does GOSUB Out of Memory mean? This has plagued me MANY times before and I can't seem to figure it out.

Edited on by Lego-Meister

Some programmers pride themselves on how many more lines of code they can write. I pride myself on how many less.

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1447-0455 | Nintendo Network ID: Legos-Meister

noxuss

IAmAPerson wrote:

Voting has ended because I have made up my mind! Performance! I'll make a quick release of 1.6.5 sometime hopefully tomorrow with 8x8 textures instead of 16x16.

Easily go for the 8x8. It would still look great imo.

noxuss

Slayer

Discostew wrote:

Here it is. Gonna be gone for a bit, so I'll let you all stew over this.

I see:
This video is private.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic