Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 6,681 to 6,700 of 9,620

InsertPi

@Leviceljir awesome! I got it now. But how to make custom BGs and load them in? And can I have transparency with backgrounds? Thanks!

Also, does anyone know if there is a forum for petit computer for Germany? I know it was released in Europe recently, but maybe not in Germany. I'm learning German, and it'd help if I did something I loved surrounded by a language I'm trying to learn. I won't leave! Just wondering.

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

ramstrong

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

anyone need sprites?

Yeah. Can you add start up screen, background pic, and custom sprites to my WITCH 0.5 program?

IAmAPerson wrote:

Soon I would like to know some about sprites. I'm planning some new features for MCDS Beta 1.8 and I need to know some. Now, don't get the big idea that I want to know the most advanced commands about sprites. I am clueless. All I know about sprites is SPSET and SPOFS. That's it. SCRED? I know nothing. SPANIM? Nothing. SPHIT? No clue. Making custom sprites? Definitely nothing. I am CLUELESS! Plz help? And also, please make simple. Thanks!

Edit: Also, backgrounds! I know nothing about backgrounds. What am I planning? No one knows. •cough 1.6 isn't just a bug fix update cough• Sorry about that.

Have you tried going through the Tutorial thread? Plenty of sprite tutorials there. If there's something you don't understand after that, just ask!

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

LeviCelJir

IAmAPerson wrote:

@Leviceljir awesome! I got it now. But how to make custom BGs and load them in? And can I have transparency with backgrounds? Thanks!

Also, does anyone know if there is a forum for petit computer for Germany? I know it was released in Europe recently, but maybe not in Germany. I'm learning German, and it'd help if I did something I loved surrounded by a language I'm trying to learn. I won't leave! Just wondering.

Goto to chred and just... make them where you see the default backgrounds then save it.
then go into the program you want it in and put:
LOAD"BGU0:your custom backgrounds"
same with sprites
and backgrounds can be transparent

Edited on by LeviCelJir

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

TAINT_Zzyex

Pootrick2 wrote:

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

anyone need sprites?

YES link from the original legend of zelda an otorock (@Morphtoroks profile pic) and a moblin

ok that should be easy

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

Discostew

Just increased accuracy of jumping onto sprite platform. They worked before, but Megaman would do a 1-frame rubberband effect when he'd try to land on one. That has been rectified because I increased the collision box area, rather than the immediate area collisions would take place. As it was already, I not only had the collision box, but also absolute areas of the collision area. It seems sprites won't reveal collisions until a frame after they do with SPHIT, but since I had absolutes to work with, I increased the area so I could check against these absolutes earlier. Now, Megaman has no more rubber-banding on these.

Not only that, but it also fixed a problem I had ran into. What if two platforms cross each other? I haven't checked if they are parallel on the X-axis, but on the y-axis, should two platforms cross, Megaman will always be on the one that is higher. Example, a platform is moving up and one is moving down. If Megaman is on the bottom one while they cross, he'll stay on it. If Megaman is on the top one as they cross, he'll switch to the other one going up. This is how it works on the original MM2, so I'm happy about that. I will have to check them on equal vertical positions as their cross horizontally though.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Slayer

Leviceljir wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

Soon I would like to know some about sprites. I'm planning some new features for MCDS Beta 1.8 and I need to know some. Now, don't get the big idea that I want to know the most advanced commands about sprites. I am clueless. All I know about sprites is SPSET and SPOFS. That's it. SCRED? I know nothing. SPANIM? Nothing. SPHIT? No clue. Making custom sprites? Definitely nothing. I am CLUELESS! Plz help? And also, please make simple. Thanks!

Edit: Also, backgrounds! I know nothing about backgrounds. What am I planning? No one knows. •cough 1.6 isn't just a bug fix update cough• Sorry about that.

Backgrounds are easy I made Steve's fist in Beta 1.1 with them.
This is a basic Background line
BGFILL layer, X-tile,Y-tile,X-tile,Y-tile,The background you want,pallete,rotate horizontal,rotate vertical

Example:
BGFILL 0,0,0,0,0,10,3,0,0

A random background that i haven't checked yet
Hope i helped!

Steve's fist? Awesome!
@IAmAPerson SPANIM animates a sprite as you probably know, I posted a tutorial on how to use SPANIM in the tutorial thread. Here's a little tutorial on SPHIT-
AReturns 1 (or TRUE--same thing) when two sprites collide, otherwise returns 0. The 2nd parameter is the first ID number of the other sprite you want to check for up to the max of spriteIDnumber 99. If you set SPHIT(0,95), for instance, SPHIT would return 1 if sprite 95-99 collided with sprite ID 0.

EXAMPLE:
X=100
SPSET 0,64,0,0,0,0
SPSET 1,96,0,0,0,0

@LOOP
X=X-1
IF X==-16 THEN X=50
SPOFS 1,X,0
LOCATE 0,3RINT SPHIT(0)
VSYNC 1:CLS
GOTO @LOOP

OUTPUT:
Wizard sprite collides with boy sprite causing 1 to appear below it.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

InsertPi

@Leviceljir you dont happen to still have your modded Beta 1.1, do you? I'm too lazy to make the fist texture. But dont worry, that was NOT was i was planning to do with backgrounds. hehehehehehe.....

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

LeviCelJir

@IAmAPerson yeah... but I don't think or know how to make qrs... I can't get PTCutilities either :/

InsertPi

Leviceljir wrote:

@IAmAPerson yeah... but I don't think or know how to make qrs... I can't get PTCutilities either :/

go to "save to sd card" and select the program; hit save. NOTE THE DIRECTORY. load the sd card's files on the computer and go to the directory it showed you. there should be a ptc file. load it in PTCUtilities OR the SmileBoom QR Code Converter. follow the directions there and it should present you with the qr codes. up load them to a public image sharing site like Imgur and post the link to the pics once theyre uploaded. tada!

LeviCelJir

IAmAPerson wrote:

Leviceljir wrote:

go to "save to sd card" and select the program; hit save. NOTE THE DIRECTORY. load the sd card's files on the computer and go to the directory it showed you. there should be a ptc file. load it in PTCUtilities OR the SmileBoom QR Code Converter. follow the directions there and it should present you with the qr codes. up load them to a public image sharing site like Imgur and post the link to the pics once theyre uploaded. tada!

1. I usually use a laptop
2. I don't like useing my sd card for computer things after my data got deleted...

Discostew

Saving to SD is the only way to get your code and stuff from PTC, just as QR codes are the only way to get someone else's code into it outside of typing it all by hand. I transfer my code and junk from PTC to my laptop all the time. There's no way I'd have been able to get my project this far in this amount of time without having access to my stuff on my computer.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

TAINT_Zzyex

the only way to get your data deleted is by doing something stupid... also @pootrik should i do swords and shields along with link?

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

Slayer

I'll get to Apocalypse Rising after I beat this giant purple bat.

InsertPi

@Leviceljir there is no harm. All you're doing is copying a file onto your laptop. Then the SD card can go right back into the DS.

I'm considering changing Minecraft DS to Minecraft DSi, since it does not run on the standard DS. Yes or no? Also, when PTC3D comes out, I can just redo Minecraft DS with the new, (hopefully) faster commands, add some stuff, and name it Minecraft 3DS.

Slayer

IAmAPerson wrote:

@Leviceljir there is no harm. All you're doing is copying a file onto your laptop. Then the SD card can go right back into the DS.

I'm considering changing Minecraft DS to Minecraft DSi, since it does not run on the standard DS. Yes or no? Also, when PTC3D comes out, I can just redo Minecraft DS with the new, (hopefully) faster commands, add some stuff, and name it Minecraft 3DS.

DS sounds a LOT more official and just sounds better altogether, though I wouldn't complain if you changed it to Minecraft DSi.
That giant purple bat has too much health and Neku's Pyrokinesis Pin interferes with moving. If you play The World Ends With You, have beaten Day 7 of Week 1, and can help me, visit here if you have a GameFAQs account: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/935689-the-world-ends-with-you...
Or I might be making a thread about that on NL in DS/DSi
Okay, enough off topic, I just need a lot of help. So what is the proper code to have the program go to a loop when it's on a certain option in a menu? (Button is A)

mystman12

@Leviceljir Here are a few tips for when you put your SD card into your computer. First, never delete anything from the "private" or "Nintendo 3DS" folders, unless you're ABSOLUTELY SURE what you're doing. (But I really don't recommend doing it at all.) The DCIM folder is just your pictures, so it doesn't really matter what you do there. I like to make backups of my SD card every so often just in case. All you have to do is copy everything on the SD card to a folder on your computer. (Make sure you don't cut things from the SD card) Finally, when you remove the SD card, make sure you're not doing something like copying to it or pasting from it, and use safe remove. Safe remove should be somewhere in your task bar and it's icon looks like a plug with a green arrow. Click it once and a menu should popup which lets you choose what you want to "eject". Choose the SD card and wait for a popup that says it is safe to remove your SD card. (I'm not sure how to do this on Mac, it's called ejecting, that's all I know) Most newer laptops have built in SD card slots, but they can be hard to find (Like on mine, it's a small, unmarked slot on the front of the laptop, and I didn't find it until I looked in the manual.) If your laptop doesn't have one, you could buy an adapter that plugs into your USB port. (I actually got one for $2 from amazon, and it lasted over 2 years, but it was kind of scary to use, because it got cracked, and stopped recognizing certain SD cards. I'd probably get one that was a little more expensive, just to be on the safe side.) Oh, and make sure your 3DS is off when you take your SD card out.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

TAINT_Zzyex

0Games wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

DS sounds a LOT more official and just sounds better altogether, though I wouldn't complain if you changed it to Minecraft DSi.
That giant purple bat has too much health and Neku's Pyrokinesis Pin interferes with moving. If you play The World Ends With You, have beaten Day 7 of Week 1, and can help me, visit here if you have a GameFAQs account: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/935689-the-world-ends-with-you...
Or I might be making a thread about that on NL in DS/DSi
Okay, enough off topic, I just need a lot of help. So what is the proper code to have the program go to a loop when it's on a certain option in a menu? (Button is A)

just a fact. the world ends with you is known as 'its a wonderfull world' in japan. incredable deference right? also i am officaly porting ultima IV to ptc. [search it] if you dont know what it is i will tell you. its the greatest text-based rpg ever made. after 15-20 years its still awsome.

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

Pixelrobin

@IamAPerson I'm using Minecraft Dsi to hopefully push Mojang in the right direction. OK with you?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

InsertPi

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@IamAPerson I'm using Minecraft Dsi to hopefully push Mojang in the right direction. OK with you?

Well, I'd like to keep this a 3rd party game. I'll even add a disclaimer soon. And I've decided to keep it Minecrft DS and when PTCom3D comes out, I'll make Minecraft 3DS. If you wish to push Mojang in the right direction, google "DScraft" and show that to them.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic