DSiWare Forum

Topic: Petit Computer

Showing 661 to 680 of 9,549

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Peidorrento

661. Posted:

You don't. You have to load your custom sprites into the memory (like LOAD"SPU0:YOURSPRITEDATA") and use the reference numbers in the manual to display them (ex: spset 0,0,4,0,0,0,16,16 will set a sprite whose control number is zero, it is the first 16x16 sprite in SPU0, palet number 4, no horizontal rotation, no vertical rotation, no expanding (not sure here) and it is a 16 x 16 sprite).

Hope that helps.

Sprite wrote:

How do you load a specific custom charecter with spset

"A vingança nunca é plena, mata a alma e a envenena" - Seu Madruga
Presidente, CEO, Programador e único empregado da Peidosoft.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

662. Posted:

GrabSomeEyes wrote:

portealmario wrote:

@ramstrong I totally agree with your soapbox post
I think that someone should try to make a clone of minicraft for petit computer(I haven't learned enough to start myself). It is a game made by notch in 24 hours(with some similarities to minecraft) I'm sure someone(cough) @morphtroid (cough) could do it. It would be really cool to play it on the ds, and it would be easy to mod due to it's BASIC language. Do you think anyone would want to do it?

Actually, it's a project I've been wanting to make on Petit Computer for about a month. It's all way over my head though, the best I can do is maybe program an menu system/OS thanks to @boxtropica

I heard you guys were talking about wanting to make a Minecraft clone. I'm sorry to say this, but that's almost impossible on BASIC. I'd be able to make a Minecraft-ish thing, but it would be very low quality. I'd reccomend just going for something like an RPG or a platformer.

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GrabSomeEyes

663. Posted:

swordx wrote:

GrabSomeEyes wrote:

portealmario wrote:

@ramstrong I totally agree with your soapbox post
I think that someone should try to make a clone of minicraft for petit computer(I haven't learned enough to start myself). It is a game made by notch in 24 hours(with some similarities to minecraft) I'm sure someone(cough) @morphtroid (cough) could do it. It would be really cool to play it on the ds, and it would be easy to mod due to it's BASIC language. Do you think anyone would want to do it?

Actually, it's a project I've been wanting to make on Petit Computer for about a month. It's all way over my head though, the best I can do is maybe program an menu system/OS thanks to @boxtropica

I heard you guys were talking about wanting to make a Minecraft clone. I'm sorry to say this, but that's almost impossible on BASIC. I'd be able to make a Minecraft-ish thing, but it would be very low quality. I'd reccomend just going for something like an RPG or a platformer.

Not Minecraft, but Minicraft! :D
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ld48/ld22/index.html
Yeah, still way over my head either way.
Edit: And every one else's probably. But hey. It's possible.
Edit: Also, I think instead of releasing an English-Spanish handbook on it's own, I'm going to make it a part of an OS I'm working on, because the OS community needs more competition.

Edited on by GrabSomeEyes

Eos OS: http://conlogxl.forumotion.com/t12-eos-os-v10
3DS FC: 3695-0514-5044

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sprite

664. Posted:

I'm trying to program a game so how do I set a screen and make it so my sprite can move without looping it like in the tutorial.

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens. Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

AuthorMessage
Avatar

neoxid500

665. Posted:

1. For those of you who think minecraft is impossible on BASIC you're half-wrong; I have seen a 2-D type of randomly generated world that is quite massive and supports multiple weapons, backgrounds, armor, and breakable and place-able blocks.
2. @Morphtroid Few questions about PetitFarm
1) When do I have to clean my cows?
2) Does standing on my crops mess them up or something?
3) Is there any item that can be purchased to get rid of the "99" at the end of my cash amount?
4) What does the mysterious egg do? Does it really just deplete my energy?
But ya awesome game and can't wait for the next update! :D

neoxid500

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sprite

666. Posted:

What game. All I know about something like that was trisv11 and you couldn't place blocks as far as I knew

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens. Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GrabSomeEyes

667. Posted:

Well, in a 2D side scroller it'd be more of a Terraria clone (which of course is a Minecraft clone in it's own ways, but you understand what I'm getting at), bird's eye view/RPG-like format would leave it closer to a Minicraft clone, and 3D isn't very easy with BASIC, though I've seen it used quite well in projects like the Japanese Olion port, still FAR from getting anything near Minecraft though.
Edit: I remember placing ladders in trisv11.

Edited on by GrabSomeEyes

Eos OS: http://conlogxl.forumotion.com/t12-eos-os-v10
3DS FC: 3695-0514-5044

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sprite

668. Posted:

Oh yeah I was thinking like in terraria where you build a house

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens. Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

669. Posted:

GrabSomeEyes wrote:

swordx wrote:

GrabSomeEyes wrote:

portealmario wrote:

@ramstrong I totally agree with your soapbox post
I think that someone should try to make a clone of minicraft for petit computer(I haven't learned enough to start myself). It is a game made by notch in 24 hours(with some similarities to minecraft) I'm sure someone(cough) @morphtroid (cough) could do it. It would be really cool to play it on the ds, and it would be easy to mod due to it's BASIC language. Do you think anyone would want to do it?

Actually, it's a project I've been wanting to make on Petit Computer for about a month. It's all way over my head though, the best I can do is maybe program an menu system/OS thanks to @boxtropica

I heard you guys were talking about wanting to make a Minecraft clone. I'm sorry to say this, but that's almost impossible on BASIC. I'd be able to make a Minecraft-ish thing, but it would be very low quality. I'd reccomend just going for something like an RPG or a platformer.

Not Minecraft, but Minicraft! :D
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ld48/ld22/index.html
Yeah, still way over my head either way.
Edit: And every one else's probably. But hey. It's possible.
Edit: Also, I think instead of releasing an English-Spanish handbook on it's own, I'm going to make it a part of an OS I'm working on, because the OS community needs more competition.

Minicraft is definitely possible. I think that both Brozbost, a guy from the GameFAQ's forum, and Morphtroid could easily make a copy of Minicraft. I'd be able to if I knew how to make games scroll...

EDIT: @GrabSomeEyes You could also place bridges in Tristones.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

neoxid500

670. Posted:

swordx wrote:

GrabSomeEyes wrote:

swordx wrote:

GrabSomeEyes wrote:

portealmario wrote:

@ramstrong I totally agree with your soapbox post
I think that someone should try to make a clone of minicraft for petit computer(I haven't learned enough to start myself). It is a game made by notch in 24 hours(with some similarities to minecraft) I'm sure someone(cough) @morphtroid (cough) could do it. It would be really cool to play it on the ds, and it would be easy to mod due to it's BASIC language. Do you think anyone would want to do it?

Actually, it's a project I've been wanting to make on Petit Computer for about a month. It's all way over my head though, the best I can do is maybe program an menu system/OS thanks to @boxtropica

I heard you guys were talking about wanting to make a Minecraft clone. I'm sorry to say this, but that's almost impossible on BASIC. I'd be able to make a Minecraft-ish thing, but it would be very low quality. I'd reccomend just going for something like an RPG or a platformer.

Not Minecraft, but Minicraft! :D
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ld48/ld22/index.html
Yeah, still way over my head either way.
Edit: And every one else's probably. But hey. It's possible.
Edit: Also, I think instead of releasing an English-Spanish handbook on it's own, I'm going to make it a part of an OS I'm working on, because the OS community needs more competition.

Minicraft is definitely possible. I think that both Brozbost, a guy from the GameFAQ's forum, and Morphtroid could easily make a copy of Minicraft. I'd be able to if I knew how to make games scroll...

EDIT: @GrabSomeEyes You could also place bridges in Tristones.

And ladders; Tristones was what I was referring to.
If you want to download and try it it's already on the QR code thread... somewhere :P

neoxid500

AuthorMessage
Avatar

portealmario

671. Posted:

Well, I don't think tristones gas very many features
Edit:similar to minecraft that is...

Edited on by portealmario

meng 😐
3ds friend code:1762-2769-7142

AuthorMessage
Avatar

portealmario

672. Posted:

neoxid500 wrote:

swordx wrote:

GrabSomeEyes wrote:

swordx wrote:

GrabSomeEyes wrote:

portealmario wrote:

@ramstrong I totally agree with your soapbox post
I think that someone should try to make a clone of minicraft for petit computer(I haven't learned enough to start myself). It is a game made by notch in 24 hours(with some similarities to minecraft) I'm sure someone(cough) @morphtroid (cough) could do it. It would be really cool to play it on the ds, and it would be easy to mod due to it's BASIC language. Do you think anyone would want to do it?

Actually, it's a project I've been wanting to make on Petit Computer for about a month. It's all way over my head though, the best I can do is maybe program an menu system/OS thanks to @boxtropica

I heard you guys were talking about wanting to make a Minecraft clone. I'm sorry to say this, but that's almost impossible on BASIC. I'd be able to make a Minecraft-ish thing, but it would be very low quality. I'd reccomend just going for something like an RPG or a platformer.

Not Minecraft, but Minicraft! :D
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ld48/ld22/index.html
Yeah, still way over my head either way.
Edit: And every one else's probably. But hey. It's possible.
Edit: Also, I think instead of releasing an English-Spanish handbook on it's own, I'm going to make it a part of an OS I'm working on, because the OS community needs more competition.

Minicraft is definitely possible. I think that both Brozbost, a guy from the GameFAQ's forum, and Morphtroid could easily make a copy of Minicraft. I'd be able to if I knew how to make games scroll...

EDIT: @GrabSomeEyes You could also place bridges in Tristones.

And ladders; Tristones was what I was referring to.
If you want to download and try it it's already on the QR code thread... somewhere :P

That is the most quotes I've ever seen

meng 😐
3ds friend code:1762-2769-7142

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

673. Posted:

Well my Petit Blocks is kinda like a very watered down version of a bad Minecraft clone, if that counts.

neoxid500 wrote:

1. For those of you who think minecraft is impossible on BASIC you're half-wrong; I have seen a 2-D type of randomly generated world that is quite massive and supports multiple weapons, backgrounds, armor, and breakable and place-able blocks.
2. @Morphtroid Few questions about PetitFarm
1) When do I have to clean my cows?
2) Does standing on my crops mess them up or something?
3) Is there any item that can be purchased to get rid of the "99" at the end of my cash amount?
4) What does the mysterious egg do? Does it really just deplete my energy?
But ya awesome game and can't wait for the next update! :D

1) Once a day will keep them happy.
2)Standing on your crops has no effect on them.
3)Not at the moment, but I plan on adding something for that.
4)The power egg increases your max stamina by 10 (max 200).

BONUS
Each day you play you gain 1 hunger point (max 8), your hunger is added to the stamina you consume when you use your weapons.
eating anything heals 1 hunger point, eating a great and powerful cake leaves your hunger at 0 instantly.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ramstrong

674. Posted:

Sprite wrote:

@ramstrong
Yet you don't yell at the other guy on the tutorial

That implies that I yelled at you. That is false. The word "please" denotes request, not command. I don't yell in real life, either. Whatever gives you the idea? Do people yell at you in real life? Can you change your behavior so people don't yell at you so much?

This link may help. It's about cancer, but any sufficiently enlightened people should be able to modify to suit.
http://patsteer.com/2012/04/no-such-thing-as-a-dumb-question-...

Sprite wrote:

I'm trying to program a game so how do I set a screen and make it so my sprite can move without looping it like in the tutorial.

That statement can be interpreted in so many ways, I don't even know what you mean. Since the tutorial shows you 2 different ways to move the sprites, I think one of them should fit your purpose just fine.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ramstrong

675. Posted:

swordx wrote:

Minicraft is definitely possible. I think that both Brozbost, a guy from the GameFAQ's forum, and Morphtroid could easily make a copy of Minicraft. I'd be able to if I knew how to make games scroll...

There's a scrolling tutorial in the site where MM2 was showcased. I forget exactly where, but it was in one of the tutorial pages. Pretty good explanation, IMHO. If no one can find it, I can dig around and post a link to the tutorial page.

Edit: Found it.
PTC Tutorial – Large Background Scrolling http://lazerlight.x10.mx/category/tutorial/
September 22, 2012

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ramstrong

676. Posted:

Moved from QR sharing thread

bloodofgore wrote:

The megaman game really shows what can be done. Think of what petit computer will be like in a span of one year. Think of all the cools games that will come out. I can almost guarantee a version of minecraft will come out. I wouldn't doubt if a 3-D game came out.

If you look at Japanese games, you'll get a preview. It has been out for sometime in Japan.

Making 3D renderer is surprisingly easy. I did one in about one hour. It's only wireframe, and not too complicated either, but except for rotation, which requires trig, it's ridiculously easy. Perpective is only SX=PX/PZ; SY=PY/PZ. Scale P=P*scale. Translation P=P+translate. Really, that's all it takes.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

AuthorMessage
Avatar

81Rambler

677. Posted:

I had a question regarding the COLSET command. Short version I want to use in-software ascii characters to draw a brick wall (using character number 3 from BGF0), but I found the available base colors (0-15) don't really suit my needs (I'm looking for a very faded red, something to blend in with an off-white background, in the range of #H330000).

That said my plan, instead of using three seperate GPAINT commands I'd just change one of the exsisting color palettes within that range to the color needed (save for using color 1 as black will be a nessesary color later). I'd like to know then what is the "color bank name" I'd need to use to change the colors used by that character set?

Also a strange phenomenon I discovered when I was experimenting with GPUTCHAR, when I would use color 2 in the palette number I would end up with something of a GPAINT effect with a dark blue color on a bulk of my background. I'm just curious if anyone could explain why that is.

81Rambler

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GrabSomeEyes

678. Posted:

@portealmario Well, at least you got your question answered.
Edit: I removed all of the quotes due to it being... ridiculous.

Edited on by GrabSomeEyes

Eos OS: http://conlogxl.forumotion.com/t12-eos-os-v10
3DS FC: 3695-0514-5044

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sprite

679. Posted:

I mean @ramstrong that I need to post a screen like in petite farm like the page where you have your house and crops.

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens. Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

AuthorMessage
Avatar

triotip

680. Posted:

hey guys i've put my other game on hold for a while.
i have a new project, a redstone simulator
edit: i also have another game in concept phase

Edited on by triotip

triotip