Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 6,561 to 6,580 of 9,620

607jf

Sorry if i havent seem to have been on much, IRL crap has invaded my time, im still following though.

Chao!, Nintendo, Need For Speed, Minecraft And More! 3Ds FC-4742-5514-6521.

Slayer

607jf wrote:

Sorry if i havent seem to have been on much, IRL crap has invaded my time, im still following though.

Heh. I have nothing else to do than browse WiiWare. No eShop for me...
I am hunting down tutorials on this programming language... I wish I had more knowledge of this like most people here...

I have nothing really to say about myself.

GraphicGenius

I found out how to do graphics, but I still don't know what to do @Pootrick2!
What should I do to help on the game?

Edited on by GraphicGenius

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

randomous

@Discostew That's true, I'll try that. Changing SPHOME may meddle with some things, but all in all, it should be fine... hopefully lol.

randomous

TAINT_Zzyex

damolii wrote:

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Sprites FINAL edition of my rpg sprites. more will come i guess. these are all that i will have in my first game. (ize got movement in) when i have a battle system i will post

You could just try and use mine.......

i have 4 people per party so yours wouldnt work well... also i have the game on the wiki the movment stopped working so i posted it for help. just search trpg

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

GraphicGenius

The forums have been really slow today. And I still don't know what to do @Pootrick2! I really need to know because I just read everything in the manual and now I know a lot. And if there's anybody new to Petit Computer I will give as many tutorials as wanted!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

InsertPi

Good news! I have render distance working! It loads all blocks until 16 blocks in front of you (in all directions). I'm gonna make it to where each time you press the Y button, it will toggle 8 block render, 16 block render, render distance off. What the Y button does currently will be put in the touch GUI. Beta 1.5.5 is almost here!

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

randomous

@Discostew Well, that did the trick... I think. I've only tried stationary targets so far (I haven't programmed enemy movement yet), but it seems to work well. Thank you very much! I actually just let the system decide the SPCOLVEC by using SPOFS (according to the manual, SPCOLVEC is automatically set based on previous position mixed with interpolation time).

randomous

mystman12

I found a great way to load background tiles into my game, and tomorrow I'll try to fix up movement. Then I'll release some new QR codes, in case any of you are interested.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

BonChoi

WHO SUMMONED ME?!?!
LOL j/k I haven't been on because of school and I have nothing to be on about :/
Just so ya know I'm not dead

Programmer for Minecraft DS!

Press B!

InsertPi

More improvements to the render distance, bug fixes, and LOL @0Games!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

InsertPi

Sorry for double post, but how do you draw in different shades of a colour? Like light red, red, and dark red without having to use different colour IDs. Something like 3A, 3B, and 3C?

ShadowGame

Hello,
i would ask somethings about Petit Computer.
I would make a shot if you press the touchscreen, but it doesnt work. Here the code:
My code set the variable "move" to R,L,U and D and if the touchscreen is pressed, then it
goes to @TCH

Here is the rest of the code for this:

IF MOVE==L THE GOSUB @L ELSE THEN
IF MOVE==R THEN GOSUB @R ELSE THEN
IF MOVE==U THEN GOSUB @U ELSE THEN
IF MOVE==D THEN GOSUB @D ELSE THEN GOSUB @LOOP RETURN
@R
Then comes SPSET, SPOFS And after this how it must move
(the right shot must move to the right and so on)

The problem: It always go to @L. When i write IF MOVE==R in the first line on then it goes
to @R. Why it always uses the first one?

Question 2:
How can i make that sprites are on the touchscreen? I know how to make with backgrounds but not with sprites.

Question 3:
How can i load own sprites? I know: LOAD "SPU0:FILENAME" but that only loads the sprite... How can i blit it on the screen

Please help me. The first question is the importantst for me.

Edited on by ShadowGame

ShadowGame

GraphicGenius

twinArmageddons wrote:

@programmerpro maybe you should start working on the main gameplay

I was asking @Pootrick2 but you can join the team if you want.

BonChoi

IAmAPerson wrote:

Sorry for double post, but how do you draw in different shades of a colour? Like light red, red, and dark red without having to use different colour IDs. Something like 3A, 3B, and 3C?

I was annoyed by that when coding textures for Minecraft DS back when it was still in alpha :/
There would be a certain color I'd want and it would be like 4F. I'd type that into the data and it would give me a type mismatch error.

Programmer for Minecraft DS!

Press B!

InsertPi

Shhhh.... This is what it looks like with my inventory open. With it closed, it looks like this without the "Please choose a block" and the block selection.
Untitled
What's that you say? Since the DS doesn't support multi-touch you can't press walk and dash at the same time? I've found a way where you can, don't worry.

mystman12

@ShadowGame Could you post the code that changes the variable? I don't see anything wrong with what you posted, so I need to see more. You can create your own sprites in the CHRED program. Once you've created and saved your sprites, you can load them into the game with code like this: LOAD "SPU#:FILENAME" (Or BGU#:FILENAME for background tiles. You can select which type of sprite you want to use with the 3 buttons to the right of the sprite editor.) You need to place a number in the # spot. That tells the program which page to load the file into, (It works something like that, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) and it's best to load it into the same page number as the one you used while creating the sprites(The numbers under the sprite editor let you select which page you want to use) As for loading sprites on the bottom screen, I really don't know yet. I hope this helps!

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

ShadowGame

Thanks mystman12!
I found another way to solve that was i explained at question 1, but now i have another problem.
I made that the player only can go 20 steps and if the steps are at 0 then you lose.
Now i would program this, but i got an error if i type this in:

@LOOP
IF STEPS==0 THEN GOTO @LOSE ELSE THEN GOTO @LOOP2 RETURN

What is wrong?

PS: It works to set STEPS -1

Thanks

ShadowGame

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic