"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter: MetricCat

AuthorMessage

Peidorrento

6,522. Posted:

Man, I can't believe that there are some people who actually remember me and my programs :P I was very touched by that, thank you guys.

About my programming projects, I have been very busy on my carrer, so I have stopped worked on Prisiorrento!® for quite a while. I am returning now, but I am doing it on C using Allegro.

Cheers!

"A vingança nunca é plena, mata a alma e a envenena" - Seu Madruga
Presidente, CEO, Programador e único empregado da Peidosoft.

AuthorMessage

randomous

6,523. Posted:

You want QR codes and you have a PTC file. There's an option called "PTC > QR" right on the main screen of PTC Utilities. A window pops up... there's a box called "Prog. Name". Drag your PTC file from your computer into this box. Select your options (I HIGHLY recommend selecting "1 piece"). Wait for the QRs to be generated. When done, click "Show QRCode files".

Edit: @Peidorrento Thank you again for the Klondike praise!

Edited on by randomous

randomous

AuthorMessage

Peidorrento

6,524. Posted:

randomous wrote:

You want QR codes and you have a PTC file. There's an option called "PTC > QR" right on the main screen of PTC Utilities. A window pops up... there's a box called "Prog. Name". Drag your PTC file from your computer into this box. Select your options (I HIGHLY recommend selecting "1 piece"). Wait for the QRs to be generated. When done, click "Show QRCode files".

Edit: @Peidorrento Thank you again for the Klondike praise!

You are very welcome. It is a very well done program :)

"A vingança nunca é plena, mata a alma e a envenena" - Seu Madruga
Presidente, CEO, Programador e único empregado da Peidosoft.

AuthorMessage

mystman12

6,525. Posted:

@randomous Thanks for the help, but I just figured it out! Although, I still can't figure out how to load images into the GRP editor, although I don't really need to right now.

Here are QR codes for the game I was working on, Anything Office. (An office building with 3,000,000 floors! I'm thinking about changing the name, though) I just thought I'd post it so you guys could take a look at it and give me a few pointers. Since I haven't worked on the game in quite a while, I think I'm going just erase the code past the part that displays the floor #, and redo that part. But if you guys think the code is good, then maybe I'll just try and fix it up. Some of the problems I have are how complicated it is to load the Background tiles, since they're so big. (Which is why only a small portion of BG tiles are loaded) Another is just Joe(The character in the game)'s movement. It works okay, but it's possible to slip through walls. (In this version if you try to walk down that center "door" you don't have to be centered) It just seems to me that there should be an easier way to program a sprite to stay within the maze.

PRG QR codes:
Untitled

Character Tiles:
Untitled

Background Tiles:
Untitled

The final game is planned to have enemies wandering around the maze, and a unique gameplay element that I'm not going to mention yet. So, please post any tips or comments!

I don't believe it! I won't believe it! There isn't a pinball right here! What kind of world do we live in, where there isn't a pinball right here? Well, I'm going to do my part! I'm gonna— umm... build a pinball! - Homestar Runner (Sort of)
Future Pinball blog
Infinite Office for PTC!

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter: mystman12

AuthorMessage

TAINT_Zzyex

6,526. Posted:

That wasn't necessary. Please be more respectful toward your fellow users — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter: MetricCat

AuthorMessage

Slayer

6,527. Posted:

Well, I gotta hunt that wolf and be done with it. (MMZ2)
Petit Computer time. I understand basic variable stuff now, as in text, I just need to know the point of it.

Edited on by Slayer

"Hello sir, may I take your order?"
"Yes, I'll have a cheeseburger and fries..."
"I AM the cheeseburger and fries!"
Things you need to know about me:
I hate Texas.

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

6,528. Posted:

So I have a program that resets the entire graphic screen every loop. It has to do that. But, its a bit "Flasy" when you overload it. Is there a smoother way of doing this (Possibly with GCOPY).

BTW, i Mispel things all the tim. But yuo cane stil read this. No ned to be gramer cops.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage

ChangeV

6,529. Posted:

Morphtorok wrote:

Thank you!

Lol at the nomination selection process.

Also if you don't mind... What are the stickers about? I can figure out the obvious ones (characters, dsiware icon, petit developer, etc) but some are kinda unknown to me!

here is sticker translation
each section is divided with ~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~
Good for nothing in your life! SmileBoom funny sticker
~~~~~~~~~~
puchicon mkII
PETITCOMPUTER
MARK2
~~~~~~~~~~
SmileBoom
Petit
Developer
~~~~~~~~~~
hakase
(Professor Jones)
~~~~~~~~~~
wanpaku-kun
(Johnny)
~~~~~~~~~~
intelli-kun
(Nigel)
~~~~~~~~~~
kanzaki
(Billy)
~~~~~~~~~~
detective uncovers!
Smile boom
Survey report
~~~~~~~~~~
John Brister's
those days,
8 bit machine and
~~~~~~~~~~
by Anonymous/unspecified large number of people
internal affairs exposure diary
~~~~~~~~~~
SmileBoom
The announcement
~~~~~~~~~~
Sugiura's
(wai-) I don't know much in detail
~from Shuffle replay list~
~~~~~~~~~~
Lord Frederick's
Applause radio
800 MHz

ChangeV

AuthorMessage

randomous

6,530. Posted:

Hey, I was wondering if anybody has a good solution (or an opinion on my solution) to this problem I'm having. I have an array which will store the position, velocity, and acceleration of each object on the screen. However, sometimes an item needs to be removed from it, and sometimes an item will be added. It would be lovely if I had a linked list... but sadly I do not. In Village, I got around this by just making a static array with a special field for "spawned", and I'd just iterate over the whole array and skip the ones that weren't spawned. This works fine when you don't have too much stuff in the array, but this time, the objects are going to be coming and going at an alarming rate, and there could be quite a lot of them. Thus, searching through the entire array to find an open spot isn't going to work... so I need another solution.

The solution I came up with was to use a string to represent which slots were currently open and which were not. It would start out as a string filled with 0's or something. I could then use INSTR to get the first occurrence of a 0, and that position would be the first free position in the array of velocities/etc. I'd then set it to 1. This sort of solves the "linear search" problem, as I've replaced an interpreted linear search with a "native" one.

I know there's a better way to this... but I just can't think of it. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Edit: Dang, I thought I could do this with binary... but there's no "log base 2" function (which I could have used to find the last 0 or 1 bit in a number), and doing "log(A)/log(base)" doesn't give exact results.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

6,531. Posted:

@randomous if why not use SPSETV and SPGETV() for sprite objects? I always find those more useful than a DATA table for each sprite.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage

randomous

6,532. Posted:

@Bluerobin2 I could store the data in the sprite itself, sure. But that doesn't solve the problem of finding the first available slot... now I have to find the first available sprite.

randomous

AuthorMessage

iprice

6,533. Posted:

Can you not iterate through the array elements with a simple FOR/NEXT loop and if there's a space use the SWAP command with the next available array element? That way when you add a new element, just add it to the bottom of the stack.

Basically bubble sorting your array.

I code, therefore I am.

AuthorMessage

randomous

6,534. Posted:

@iprice But that's even slower than just filling in the first available slot... remember, I'm trying to come up with a solution such that no matter how big the array is, it takes the same amount of time to find an empty slot.

After testing INSTR/SUBSTR, I've concluded that it's more than fast enough to do whatever I need. Here's an example: it took 13 frames to find an empty slot in a simulation 100 times, and only 1 for INSTR/SUBSTR with the same simulation (100 times). With a different simulation, linear insertion find&insert took 300 frames.... INSTR/SUBSTR took 3. I think it wins lol.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

AuthorMessage

iprice

6,535. Posted:

I've not used INSTR in PTC before, but it looks like you've found your answer.

I code, therefore I am.

AuthorMessage

randomous

6,536. Posted:

@iprice But it's such a messy solution. I'm still looking for another way, if anybody's got one.

randomous

AuthorMessage

mystman12

6,537. Posted:

Can I give symbols, like a cube or smiley face, a variable?

I don't believe it! I won't believe it! There isn't a pinball right here! What kind of world do we live in, where there isn't a pinball right here? Well, I'm going to do my part! I'm gonna— umm... build a pinball! - Homestar Runner (Sort of)
Future Pinball blog
Infinite Office for PTC!

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter: mystman12

AuthorMessage

calc84maniac

6,538. Posted:

randomous wrote:

@iprice But it's such a messy solution. I'm still looking for another way, if anybody's got one.

Another approach you can take is to keep track of the total number of sprites, which I'll call N, and only use sprite slots 0 to N-1. Then, whenever you remove a sprite, let's say from slot M, you can move sprite N-1 to slot M and decrease N by 1.

calc84maniac

AuthorMessage

InsertPi

6,539. Posted:

@BonChoi hasn't been on in a while...

@mystman12 example? Cause if I'm thinking correctly, you can just do

X$="θ"

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter: @PhilLovesPi

AuthorMessage

randomous

6,540. Posted:

@calc84maniac Pfft, of course! Goodness, it's always the simple solutions that work the best, isn't it? Thank you.

randomous