DSiWare Forum

Topic: Petit Computer

Showing 6,461 to 6,480 of 9,506

AuthorMessage

LeviCelJir

6,461. Posted:

@IAmAPerson Can I change the sky to black? or red? or green? If so, how???

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

AuthorMessage

Slayer

6,462. Posted:

I'm considering contributing to Minecraft DS. Not joining the team, but plain contribution. What am I planning to add?
Pyrotechnics.

Edited on by Slayer

"Hello sir, may I take your order?"
"Yes, I'll have a cheeseburger and fries..."
"I AM the cheeseburger and fries!"
Things you need to know about me:
I hate Texas.

AuthorMessage

VincentFaraday

6,463. Posted:

Discostew wrote:

VincentFaraday wrote:

Discostew wrote:

@VincentFaraday

I took a look at your program. It's a good start. Had to fiddle with it a little to understand how it worked. I could see this evolve to be a touch-screen-based game where you'd move with the D-Pad, but then use the touch screen to fire in a particular direction rather than having to rotate the wand around. Of course, by doing that, you'd be limiting how you'd change which is the enter and what is the exit (since one hand would be handling a stylus for the touch screen), but I think a few touch-based buttons might help that, like selecting which door on the bottom becomes the ENTER door, and then leave the L button for switching between shooting the red or blue.

I haven't gone inside your code yet, so I don't know what await me there. :P

I really like your idea about using the touch screen, but I haven't tried programing for the touch screen yet.

It's pretty simple. First, make sure you have VSYNC 1 happening in your main loop just before you store the button states from BUTTON, that is, if you are doing that. Next, when you want to get input from the touch screen, check the system variable TCHST. If it is true, then you are pressing on the screen. You then grab the X/Y position of the screen with the TCHX and TCHY system variables. Now comes some trigonometry. Find the angle between the place you touched and where the player is by getting the X/Y difference between them, and then inputting those into the ATAN function

ATAN(TCHY-Y1,TCHX-X1)

This will give you the angle from player to the place you touch the screen in radians. You can use DEG on the result to convert to degrees, which you can use with SPANGLE, but use the radian value for use with COS and SIN with the bullet you're firing. Now, because you only want to have the bullet fire once no matter how long you press on the screen, you can use the system variable TCHTIME, which reads how many frames the touch screen has been pressed. Basically, if it is greater than 1, then ignore anything related to firing the bullet.

Thanks for the pseudocode. :] This is definitely going in the first update (along with a few bugs I have to fix).

I wish I was on the Enterprise.

3DS Friend Code: 1048-8460-1195

AuthorMessage

VincentFaraday

6,464. Posted:

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

twinArmageddons wrote:

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

heyyyyy so my rpg tinyrpg is going great. but i has a problem i cant move the charactor... it has 1 nonsrolling map and could someone help me with the whole cordnet concept?

X=0:Y=0:SPSET 0,64,0,0,0,1
@LOOP
SPOFS 0,X,Y
IF BUTTON() AND 1 THEN Y=Y-1
IF BUTTON() AND 2 THEN Y=Y+1
IF BUTTON() AND 4 THEN X=X-1
IF BUTTON() AND 8 THEN X=X+1
VSYNC 1
GOTO @LOOP

i have that already. i needs to know how to tell the sprite to move 1 square over. ive looked at all of my games with movement, but its all designed for those people's custom sprites, mine dont use spanim i just need to tell the sprite to move over 1 square

A few months back I was working on an rpg and I have it set where the sprite moves 1 square at a time (like Final Fantasy for the NES). It's been a while since I looked at it, so I can't remember what I did (plus I have an Organic lab tomorrow :/ ). The rpg was just a personal learning exercise, and was never intended to be played. I hope you can find what you need in there. The link to the qr code is: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97307223@N08/9726451561/

I wish I was on the Enterprise.

3DS Friend Code: 1048-8460-1195

AuthorMessage

ChangeV

6,465. Posted:

Morphtorok wrote:

OH

Guess who got surprise mail from Japan?

Me!

Turns out they also sent a letter with stickers to everyone who sent an entry (no soundtrack though :(). It's so awesome!

Thanks SmileBoom!

I have no idea of what the letter says after the line in english though, anyone here can read japanese?

here is translated letter.

August / lucky day / 2013

To participant of the 2nd petit computer ogiri contest
Smile boom co., Ltd.
President Kobayashi Takaki

Dear Sirs,
Congratulation. we sincerely thank you very much for your continuous patronage.
Thank you very much for submitting entry for the 2nd petit computer ogiri contest.
Also, thank you very much for sending your wonderful work. (this line is omitted in your letter)
We are sending you a modest nomination prize. (I can't see your picture clearly, but I think it is "participation prize" in your letter)
Please, support our company's petit computer series in the future. thank you.
Best regards.

-Selection process scene-
It's decided by RND()!!
(It is a fiction)

ChangeV

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

6,466. Posted:

Thank you!

Lol at the nomination selection process.

Also if you don't mind... What are the stickers about? I can figure out the obvious ones (characters, dsiware icon, petit developer, etc) but some are kinda unknown to me!

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

6,467. Posted:

Its really been a mystery to me, what is Petit Developer in a nutshell? From what I've seen its pretty much Gamemaker without D&D (Who uses D&D anymore?)

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage

randomous

6,468. Posted:

@Bluerobin2 Wow, I almost had a heart attack! I read "yen" as "euro" for some dumb reason, and nearly fell out of my chair at the thought 19,800 euros. Then I realized that's only 200 dollars, which isn't quite as much.

Oy, does anybody like these? I'm thinking about making it in Petit Computer:

Untitled

Edited on by randomous

randomous

AuthorMessage

twinArmageddons

6,469. Posted:

i finally released the beta version of my attack on titan game :3
http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Attack_on_Titan_Tribute_Game
please let me know if you find any bugs so i can fix them as soon as possible
also the raycast rpg will hopefully get qrs tomorrow

Edited on by twinArmageddons

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

AuthorMessage

randomous

6,470. Posted:

I'm sure @Discostew has already thought of this (probably ages ago too), and I'm sure others have as well, but I just thought of it myself and thought I'd share.

I've made a program that shows how to animate all BG tiles that take on a certain value. For instance, if you're making an RPG and you've got some SCR file with water or torches in it, you can call some of the functions I've made in the program below and all torch/water tiles will animate according to the information you provide (as long as you've drawn the animation). The cool part is that no matter how many instances of the tile are currently on the BG, the animation will take the same impact on time. The animation will use the BGs directly next to the base BG, just like animated sprites.

It works by reading in the tile information (using CHRREAD) for the BG tiles you specify to animate, as well as the frames that follow (according to your specification). It then goes through and updates the base BG tile (using CHRSET) whenever it realizes that it's reached the time limit for that particular animation.

In order to use it yourself, just get rid of the "DEMO" section, but include all the rest of the code in your project. Make sure that any BG tile you want to animate is followed by the animation frames (just like a sprite sheet animation). Figure out which BG tiles you'd like to animate, then stick their IDs in the "BGCHR" data section (get rid of the old data). Make sure you put a -1 after the last ID, this is important! Next, figure out how many frames you'd like the BG tiles to animate through, and put that in the "BGFRAME" section. Finally, decide how much time you'd like between each frame and put it in the "BGTIME" section. This is all the same data you'd use to animate sprites and such.

Let's look at an example. In the demo program provided, BGCHR has the following data:
40,520,-1

This means that we want BG tile 40 and 520 to be animated (whenever they appear, no matter what). The -1 specifies the end of the data section. Next, we've got BGFRAME:

Notice there's no -1 here; you don't need -1 on any data section unless it's BGCHR (it's just a semantic I chose). These numbers mean that BG tile 40 will have 3 frames of animation, while BG tile 520 will have 4. Finally, BGTIME:

This means that BG tile 40 will change frames once every 15 game frames, or VSYNC 1's. BG tile 520 will change frames once every 4 game frames.

If you need help with it, or just don't understand what this is all about, please let me know!

Untitled

Edited on by randomous

randomous

AuthorMessage

Slayer

6,471. Posted:

Pootrick2 wrote:

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@Pootrick2 You can port the original logo to PTC with PTCUtilities. There was no need to draw it by hand.

And now you tell me :( im not using a computer to post can you do it with an ipad?

Surface RT. Oh yeah.

"Hello sir, may I take your order?"
"Yes, I'll have a cheeseburger and fries..."
"I AM the cheeseburger and fries!"
Things you need to know about me:
I hate Texas.

AuthorMessage

Discostew

6,472. Posted:

@randomous

Yep, it's very much the same concept as palette animation, except rather than changing colors, you're changing the base tiles themselves. This allows not just regular tile animation (like ticking clocks, torches on the wall, etc), but can also generate fake parallax scrolling on a single layer, much like Sword Master on the NES does.

Look at the mountains in the back of the first level (or pretty much any level that looks like it uses more than one BG layer). Unlike the ground area and the HUD on the top that are handled by adjusting the BG position on separate scanlines, the mountains look like they are on a separate layer, but the reality is the NES only has one BG layer to work with, so they pulled it off by using tile animation that represents mountains scrolling in one direction.

Edited on by Discostew

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

Pootrick2

6,473. Posted:

Hansausage wrote:

Woot! Duck Hunt PTC sorry for late release as some things come up.... any way here ya go
http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Duck_Hunt_PTC
@Pootric2 Can i join the Ledgend of Zelda team? I am great with sprites touchscreen commands and pretty much anything you need help with

Yes you may :)

Edited on by Pootrick2

I LOVE petit computer AND anything Zelda/Minecraft related (i own all zelda games)

3DS FC=0919-9700-5328

3DS Friend Code: 0919-9700-5328 | Nintendo Network ID: Pootrick2 | Twitter: Pootrick2ithink

AuthorMessage

Gimmemorecoinz

6,474. Posted:

Wow I've been missing alot. I have some unfortunate news. I'm losing internet. Pretty well today or tonight. Don't know when. Unless, that bill gets paid. Ugh. So. I'll be online but not as frequently. Unless our neighboors lend me theirs. Details aside. I'm still working on petit smash.
@Discostew Maybe you can help me! In your tilemap demo, how would I go about getting the screen X and Y of specific tiles?
I need to know this so that I have tile X1, Tile Y1, Tile X2, and Tile Y2, that way I can deal with collision in my own specific way.
Also how do I convert that, screen coordinates of a tile into the the array entry?
I've tried using TileX=Floor(BGCX/8) : TileY=Floor(BGCY/8) : Arr(TileX, TileY)=thistile : gosub @updatefull
Doesn't work, what happens is the tiles are placed far off screen. So... obviously the location it's scrolled to isn't just BGCX and BGCY how do I get the offsets
of say the tile in the middle of the screen? Hm m I even tried adding or subtracting 32, 64, and 128 to those values and dividing them by 8 to try to get the tile number. This isn't exactly easy to do for some reason and I think the math of it is pretty simple. Never had this hard of a time before with tile systems, especially when I'm coding them from scratch on pc. The offsets are always (Direct tile coordinate, minus the camera scrolling distance) to get the screen coordinate of that tile?
Thanks in advance. And also if you can answer sooner that'd be great since I'm losing internet soon and this is for Petit Smash Bros.

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

AuthorMessage

randomous

6,475. Posted:

@Discostew That's an interesting use... you wouldn't even need to have an animation, you'd just need to scroll the HEX data. It's certainly not new, I just couldn't believe I'd never thought of it. Maybe because I never actually needed to animate the BG before lol.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

AuthorMessage

InsertPi

6,476. Posted:

What is the point of HEX? And how do you use it? And what is it?

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter: @PhilLovesPi

AuthorMessage

Gimmemorecoinz

6,477. Posted:

Oh yea in case anyones wondering or not? I'm in the petit wiki computer chat online. Probably the last day I can chat live if my internet goes down.

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

AuthorMessage

Pootrick2

6,478. Posted:

Can you do sprites on PTCUtlities?

I LOVE petit computer AND anything Zelda/Minecraft related (i own all zelda games)

3DS FC=0919-9700-5328

3DS Friend Code: 0919-9700-5328 | Nintendo Network ID: Pootrick2 | Twitter: Pootrick2ithink

AuthorMessage

Discostew

6,479. Posted:

@Gimmemorecoinz

Getting tiles from a 2D array that makes up your level is simple. If you are using level-based coordinates (not tile-based coordinates) to grab the tiles, you must convert to tile-space by dividing the level-space coordinates by the pixel size of the tiles. So, if the tiles are 8x8, then you divide the level-space coordinates by 8 to make them into tile-space. You then just take the result and use them to grab the tiles in the array.

TILE=LVLARRAY(POSX/8,POSY/8)

Don't worry about using FLOOR when inputting values into arrays like this, because it rounds down the inputs automatically. Using FLOOR on these only wastes time.

For the 2nd part of your question (as seeing you're using my tutorial), BGCX and BGCY are meant for representing the top-left corner of the viewable area of the map. Using them for setting tiles would only result in setting tiles based on those coordinates. You could theoretically use them to be able to set tiles in a specific part of the viewable area (like in the middle as you asked) by doing something like this — LVLARRAY((BGCX+128)/8,(BGCY+96)/8)=TILE — but this'll set tiles relative to the screen vs the level itself, so every time the BG layer shifts, the "middle" ends up changing. Maybe that's what you want, so I won't argue. In my opinion, always try to set tiles based on the level itself. It is simply the more manageable method imo. Just like with my project, everything is based in level-space. If I want to get tiles for collision purposes, I convert from level-space to tile-space by dividing the coordinates by 16 (since my tiles are 16x16, made up of a 2x2 8x8 tile section). If I'm placing a sprite on screen, I convert from level-space to screen-space by offsetting the position by the position of the "camera".

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

Pootrick2

6,480. Posted:

Can anyone make The Legend Of Zelda PTC page on the petit computer wiki. Because it was confusing for me for some reason

3DS FC=0919-9700-5328