Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 6,441 to 6,460 of 9,620

Slayer

I'm enjoying the new Minecraft DS update, and I always am going to do the credits first every new update. Since either Petit Computer doesn't handle the touch screen very well, or I'm not touching it with enough force, I have to touch Credits a lot. I always like to see everyone's appearances there. And @IAmAPerson, I notice you put me down as Slayer (0Games) That's fine, since I got stuck with my GameFAQs name people have been noticing and I even wondered what you would put in the credits.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Pixelrobin

@Pootrick2
LOAD "GRP0:FILENAME"
use GRP0 for top screen and GRP1 for bottom screen.

As for touch screen commands, They are a tad difficult to get going. Here are some simple commands:
PNLTYPE "OFF" - Turns off the keyboard. USE THIS IF YOU WANT TO USE TOUCH SCREEN
TCHX - Variable that returns the x position of the touched point on the touch screen (0-255)
TCHY - like TCHX, except for y position
TCHST - returns a true or false value for if the touch screen is touched
TCHTIME - returns the amount of time the touch screen was touched (in frames (60 per second))

PNLSTR x position,y position,string,color - prints the designated string on the bottmn screen

On request, I can show you how to draw graphics, background tiles and sprites etc on the touch screen.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Pootrick2

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@Pootrick2
LOAD "GRP0:FILENAME"
use GRP0 for top screen and GRP1 for bottom screen.

As for touch screen commands, They are a tad difficult to get going. Here are some simple commands:
PNLTYPE "OFF" - Turns off the keyboard. USE THIS IF YOU WANT TO USE TOUCH SCREEN
TCHX - Variable that returns the x position of the touched point on the touch screen (0-255)
TCHY - like TCHX, except for y position
TCHST - returns a true or false value for if the touch screen is touched
TCHTIME - returns the amount of time the touch screen was touched (in frames (60 per second))

PNLSTR x position,y position,string,color - prints the designated string on the bottmn screen

On request, I can show you how to draw graphics, background tiles and sprites etc on the touch screen.

Thank you so much

I LOVE petit computer AND anything Zelda/Minecraft related (i own all zelda games)

3DS FC=0919-9700-5328

3DS Friend Code: 0919-9700-5328 | Nintendo Network ID: Pootrick2 | Twitter:

LeviCelJir

@IAmAPerson Is there a way to hack in all the new blocks while still being able to use the old ones? If so, how?

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

Pootrick2

Untitled
Can someone turn this in to a GRP file
Untitled
And this...
Thanks,Pootrick2
Duck Dynasty is on ill be back in 30min

Edited on by Pootrick2

I LOVE petit computer AND anything Zelda/Minecraft related (i own all zelda games)

3DS FC=0919-9700-5328

InsertPi

@0Games you have to hold the buttons because of the lag when the main menu is running.
@Leviceljir yes, you can use both blocks together. The reason I said what I said is that, well, it's complicated. The point is that those blocks are like a command block. It's in the game and works perfectly fine, but is unobtainable without cheats.
@Pootrick2 I'll convert those in just a second.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

InsertPi

Ok, @Pootrick, here's the first one:
Untitled

And I agree with @Morphtorok that the other one would look better with sprites and PNLSTR. Also, I did try to convert it anyway, but PTCUtilities didnt like the size...

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Pootrick2

Okay thanks

3DS FC=0919-9700-5328

TAINT_Zzyex

heyyyyy so my rpg tinyrpg is going great. but i has a problem i cant move the charactor... it has 1 nonsrolling map and could someone help me with the whole cordnet concept?

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

twinArmageddons

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

heyyyyy so my rpg tinyrpg is going great. but i has a problem i cant move the charactor... it has 1 nonsrolling map and could someone help me with the whole cordnet concept?

X=0:Y=0:SPSET 0,64,0,0,0,1
@LOOP
SPOFS 0,X,Y
IF BUTTON() AND 1 THEN Y=Y-1
IF BUTTON() AND 2 THEN Y=Y+1
IF BUTTON() AND 4 THEN X=X-1
IF BUTTON() AND 8 THEN X=X+1
VSYNC 1
GOTO @LOOP

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

TAINT_Zzyex

twinArmageddons wrote:

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

@LOOP
SPOFS 0,X,Y
VSYNC 1
GOTO @LOOP

i have that already. i needs to know how to tell the sprite to move 1 square over. ive looked at all of my games with movement, but its all designed for those people's custom sprites, mine dont use spanim i just need to tell the sprite to move over 1 square

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

Miblon

@programmerpro
@pootrick2
If you need help with spriting, I'm pretty good at it.

This isn't a interesting signature. Go look at someone elses.
Friend Code: 5370-0889-8930

LeviCelJir

@IAmAPerson Can I change the sky to black? or red? or green? If so, how???

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

Slayer

I'm considering contributing to Minecraft DS. Not joining the team, but plain contribution. What am I planning to add?
Pyrotechnics.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

VincentFaraday

Discostew wrote:

VincentFaraday wrote:

Discostew wrote:

@VincentFaraday

I took a look at your program. It's a good start. Had to fiddle with it a little to understand how it worked. I could see this evolve to be a touch-screen-based game where you'd move with the D-Pad, but then use the touch screen to fire in a particular direction rather than having to rotate the wand around. Of course, by doing that, you'd be limiting how you'd change which is the enter and what is the exit (since one hand would be handling a stylus for the touch screen), but I think a few touch-based buttons might help that, like selecting which door on the bottom becomes the ENTER door, and then leave the L button for switching between shooting the red or blue.

I haven't gone inside your code yet, so I don't know what await me there.

I really like your idea about using the touch screen, but I haven't tried programing for the touch screen yet.

It's pretty simple. First, make sure you have VSYNC 1 happening in your main loop just before you store the button states from BUTTON, that is, if you are doing that. Next, when you want to get input from the touch screen, check the system variable TCHST. If it is true, then you are pressing on the screen. You then grab the X/Y position of the screen with the TCHX and TCHY system variables. Now comes some trigonometry. Find the angle between the place you touched and where the player is by getting the X/Y difference between them, and then inputting those into the ATAN function

ATAN(TCHY-Y1,TCHX-X1)

This will give you the angle from player to the place you touch the screen in radians. You can use DEG on the result to convert to degrees, which you can use with SPANGLE, but use the radian value for use with COS and SIN with the bullet you're firing. Now, because you only want to have the bullet fire once no matter how long you press on the screen, you can use the system variable TCHTIME, which reads how many frames the touch screen has been pressed. Basically, if it is greater than 1, then ignore anything related to firing the bullet.

Thanks for the pseudocode. :] This is definitely going in the first update (along with a few bugs I have to fix).

I wish I was on the Enterprise.

3DS Friend Code: 1048-8460-1195

VincentFaraday

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

twinArmageddons wrote:

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

@LOOP
SPOFS 0,X,Y
VSYNC 1
GOTO @LOOP

i have that already. i needs to know how to tell the sprite to move 1 square over. ive looked at all of my games with movement, but its all designed for those people's custom sprites, mine dont use spanim i just need to tell the sprite to move over 1 square

A few months back I was working on an rpg and I have it set where the sprite moves 1 square at a time (like Final Fantasy for the NES). It's been a while since I looked at it, so I can't remember what I did (plus I have an Organic lab tomorrow :/ ). The rpg was just a personal learning exercise, and was never intended to be played. I hope you can find what you need in there. The link to the qr code is: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97307223@N08/9726451561/

I wish I was on the Enterprise.

3DS Friend Code: 1048-8460-1195

ChangeV

Morphtorok wrote:

OH

Guess who got surprise mail from Japan?

Me!

Turns out they also sent a letter with stickers to everyone who sent an entry (no soundtrack though ). It's so awesome!

Thanks SmileBoom!

I have no idea of what the letter says after the line in english though, anyone here can read japanese?

here is translated letter.

August / lucky day / 2013

To participant of the 2nd petit computer ogiri contest
Smile boom co., Ltd.
President Kobayashi Takaki

Dear Sirs,
Congratulation. we sincerely thank you very much for your continuous patronage.
Thank you very much for submitting entry for the 2nd petit computer ogiri contest.
Also, thank you very much for sending your wonderful work. (this line is omitted in your letter)
We are sending you a modest nomination prize. (I can't see your picture clearly, but I think it is "participation prize" in your letter)
Please, support our company's petit computer series in the future. thank you.
Best regards.

-Selection process scene-
It's decided by RND()!!
(It is a fiction)

ChangeV

Eel

Thank you!

Lol at the nomination selection process.

Also if you don't mind... What are the stickers about? I can figure out the obvious ones (characters, dsiware icon, petit developer, etc) but some are kinda unknown to me!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic