Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 6,201 to 6,220 of 9,620

Justlink

wat about sprite collision, i read it a few times but still have trouble. plz explain them.

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Pootrick2

How do you make a a back ground on the lower and upper screen and make the lower one touchable.And also can you load a GRP as a backqround?if so how

I LOVE petit computer AND anything Zelda/Minecraft related (i own all zelda games)

3DS FC=0919-9700-5328

3DS Friend Code: 0919-9700-5328 | Nintendo Network ID: Pootrick2 | Twitter:

LeviCelJir

Leviceljir wrote:

Hey peeps Can anyone help me with making a working sword? I'm making a RPG and I need to know how to make my character slash with his sword. Can anyone help me?

I still need halp on dis.

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

Pixelrobin

@Pootrick to there are 2 background related things that could be explained as "Lower and upper screen". Please explain further. You don't really make the bottom screen "Touchable", its already a touch screen. First, use something like PNLTYPE "OFF". There are a few variables that could be received from the touch screen:
TCHST - Either true or false, check if the touch screen is touched
TCHX,- x position of where touch screen is touched
TCHY - y position of where touch screen is touched.
TCHTIME - How long (In frames) the touchscreen was touched. Here is a simple drawing program that uses these commands:

ACLS:CLEAR:PNLTYPE "OFF"
GPAGE 1:GCLS 14
@DRAWLOOP
IF TCHST==TRUE THEN GOSUB @DRAW
VSYNC 1
GOTO @DRAWLOOP

@DRAW
GPSET TCHX,TCHY,15
RETURN

Also to load a GRP on the bottom screen, cuse GRP1 instead of GRP0 in the LOAD statement.

Edited on by Pixelrobin

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

InsertPi

Hey, when are you gonna release the WRs for SimpleMath (sory if that's not the name), the programming language you made? I can't wait for it!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Pixelrobin

@IamAPerson I have to re-write the method for reading each line in the code. That is literally the last thing to do. Variables and stuff is already done.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

InsertPi

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@IamAPerson I have to re-write the method for reading each line in the code. That is literally the last thing to do. Variables and stuff is already done.

Awesome! I'm really excited!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

randomous

This is a rather random question, but does anybody actually play Spider Solitaire with 4 suits? Even the DSiWare application only has the option for 1 or 2 suits. I'll totally add it if someone wants it, but if nobody's going to use it, I'm not going to bother lol.

randomous

InsertPi

Has anyone gotten into MCDS's code and custome draw the save files for awesome worlds?

Psst - it is possible to remove the walls surrounding the map because its stored in the save file. Just don't walk out of the map!

Edited on by InsertPi

Eel

@Randomous: Is there any difference in gameplay depending on the number of suits? Or is it just aesthetic?

Edit: derp, of course it changes things. It makes the game harder!

Four suits would be very hard to manage, me thinks.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

randomous

@Morphtorok I absolutely agree; the only reason I ask is because the Windows Spider Solitaire has a "very hard" setting with four suits.

Oh yeah, there's a tiny, almost non-problem with Spider Solitaire Petit Computer. Since you can have a stack of cards as large as you want in Spider Solitaire (maybe you've just about completed a stack, then a king gets plopped on top and you build another stack on top of the old one), I've implemented "stack condensing", just like the Windows version. However, if you have more than ~14 cards in a stack, it becomes hard to see what the cards in the stack are, because condensing the stack covers up part of the number. Most of time, you're not going to have 14 cards in a stack; if you do, you're probably not going to win anyway. There's not much I can do about that other than making the numbers smaller (and thus harder to see on a regular basis), which I really don't want to do. When you play Spider Solitaire, do you frequently have stacks longer than 14?

Edited on by randomous

randomous

boot

IAmAPerson wrote:

Has anyone gotten into MCDS's code and custome draw the save files for awesome worlds?

Psst - it is possible to remove the walls surrounding the map because its stored in the save file. Just don't walk out of the map!

How?

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

LeviCelJir

Leviceljir wrote:

Leviceljir wrote:

Hey peeps Can anyone help me with making a working sword? I'm making a RPG and I need to know how to make my character slash with his sword. Can anyone help me?

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

TAINT_Zzyex

Leviceljir wrote:

Leviceljir wrote:

Leviceljir wrote:

just wait bro

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

InsertPi

boot wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

How?

Since 32x32 worlds are disabled, do:

LOAD "GRP:MAPDAT16"

Then, do:

GPSET (number),(number),(block ID. 0 is air)

The walls surround the map from x/y 0 to x/y 15

EDIT: And please stop double and triple posting. Just edit your other posts.

EDIT EDIT: And since I've already posted, how do you guys like my new sig?

Edited on by InsertPi

Eel

randomous wrote:

@Morphtorok I absolutely agree; the only reason I ask is because the Windows Spider Solitaire has a "very hard" setting with four suits.

Oh yeah, there's a tiny, almost non-problem with Spider Solitaire Petit Computer. Since you can have a stack of cards as large as you want in Spider Solitaire (maybe you've just about completed a stack, then a king gets plopped on top and you build another stack on top of the old one), I've implemented "stack condensing", just like the Windows version. However, if you have more than ~14 cards in a stack, it becomes hard to see what the cards in the stack are, because condensing the stack covers up part of the number. Most of time, you're not going to have 14 cards in a stack; if you do, you're probably not going to win anyway. There's not much I can do about that other than making the numbers smaller (and thus harder to see on a regular basis), which I really don't want to do. When you play Spider Solitaire, do you frequently have stacks longer than 14?

I don't think so, though being spider solitaire, these things are bound to happen every now and then (usually in un winnable games though).

If I remember correctly, in some card games I have played, when the stacks get too long the game uses a scrolling system.

You can slide your stylus across the stack. When you go down, the upper cards start to pile on top. When you go up, the lower cards go out of view.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GraphicGenius

Hey can someone make sprites for me and @Pootrick2? You will be mentioned in the credits. We just need Link,Morphtorok's profile picture,and whatever else is in the first game.I think someone like @randomous could do this And how do you use CHRED for sprites? I never can get it to work. Please answer quick. I doesn't have to be great just make the sprites and post the qr codes.

Edited on by GraphicGenius

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

Discostew

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

can someone convert this

please

I attempted to take a MIDI version (a good version) of the song and convert it through QMIDI Studio (the version that has MML export), but the song sounded terrible. It was probably because it was using 16 channels when only 8 channels are available. If there is one that uses up to 8 and no more, it may work out better.

I'm currently working on adding all the sub weapons and item weapons (1,2,3). So far, I have 2 sub weapons not implemented, but most are untested (only Quick Boomerang and Metal Blade aside from the default blaster are tested and work fine). Implementation of the item weapons is going to require a bit more time because I'll have to deal with Megaman interacting with them, unlike the rest of the weapons that work on their own. I've been thinking about what the bottom screen would include during gameplay. Obviously all weapons and energy levels for each would be provided, but I've been thinking of options. One involves how Weapon Pellets and Capsules would work (the ones that fill up weapon energy). How does this sound....

There will be a button toggle on the bottom screen that has 3 states. The first is default, where the W Pellet/Capsule will only fill up the weapon currently in use. The second is an auto-distributor, which fills up the weapon with the lowest energy level. The third is a combination of the first 2, where it will fill the weapon currently in use, but once it is filled, it will distribute energy to the lowest weapon.

About selecting weapons, the touch screen will allow pressing a weapon to automatically switch to it, and I was thinking of using the L/R shoulder buttons for selecting as well (this idea was given to me, based on the Megaman Collection). Not sure about allowing the L/R to switch to item weapons, but if I do, I'll likely have to make a little symbol under the weapon level on the top screen to reflect what weapon/item is in use.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic